Old 02-04-2019, 01:25 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 541 Times in 460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
Yes. Last year. Which is a very poor choice. The Stalker is one of the greatest fairway drivers ever made. Just for kicks and giggles I put together a Discraft bag last fall and was very disappointed to see how hard it was to get my hands on any new Stalkers. I have 1 TI and 1 Z-Flydye. The TI is grass green and we all know how flydye camouflages. I was quite disappointed. The XL is a decent replacement, but it's not the same. Stalkers are magic.
I just saw the Z Stalker on Amazon Still, I think that Discraft was just running out the old no flight number discs before making more and with the new molds like the Luna, new Destroyer like disc, and Paul joining the Pro lineup that Discraft just forgot to make more until recently.

It is the Glow Z Stalker that is OOP now.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2019, 02:31 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 438 Times in 253 Posts

Will Discraft have time to make more or the "old" moulds. . . all the time thay have most go to making all the new discs and Paul´s sig discs
Old 02-04-2019, 02:59 AM

To my above Actually a few stores might be just unloading the last of the Discs from there inventory. The mold might still be made, I will look and if the disc I am getting now has the number on it, I will be happy and know That Discraft has a premium fairway disc with the Stalker/XL type numbers. I am only getting another Z disc as the plastic type of Z seems to last so long before fight wears out. That way I have two more discs and by that time another mold should be found, maybe an TL or TL 3 if Discraft does not have a mold like the Stalker.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Will Discraft have time to make more or the "old" moulds. . . all the time thay have most go to making all the new discs and Paul´s sig discs
Sound like the latter and I am going to be angry about that, as most discs other then what the top 3 male pros of Discraft use will be gone, maybe the molds of what Nate Doss wife use as she is now as of a few years ago a Discraft player and Nate might have the influance to keep her molds made. Why can't Discraft make some of its old molds in a limited series like Innova and make more discs in other plastic Like Innova + side brands and Swedish Trilogy even if limited? I hope they use sales as a way to keep some molds that are not used by these two but are popular and not just the top two/three male pros as the way that Discraft keeps a mold.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 438 Times in 253 Posts

Fun to see Andrew Presnells in-the-bag. . he throws a Zombee- - -and Banger GT
Old 02-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Par Member

Niced 89 Times in 47 Posts
Default Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

A lot of the new Discraft pros seem to be praising the Mantis. It’s one of the few Discraft molds I have never thrown. I felt one up years ago and it had a high shoulder and massive dome if I recall correctly. Is there a plastic that you would suggest has the least shoulder and dome? Where is the TI falling in with Z and Big Z?
Old 02-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 864 Times in 481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
A lot of the new Discraft pros seem to be praising the Mantis. It’s one of the few Discraft molds I have never thrown. I felt one up years ago and it had a high shoulder and massive dome if I recall correctly. Is there a plastic that you would suggest has the least shoulder and dome? Where is the TI falling in with Z and Big Z?
I've never had a Z, but my Big Z and Ti have the same dome. It's just a domey mold, I think.... except for the first run Mantis. I've thrown one of the Ace Races and its flat and over stable. Not the flight that the disc is being praised for, for the most part.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-05-2019, 03:07 PM
Par Member

Niced 117 Times in 63 Posts

I have a z mantis and it’s fairly flat feels great in the hand but flies like a teebird or teebird3

Old 02-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 46 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
Where is the TI falling in with Z and Big Z?
My Ti Mantis has noticeably more dome than the Big Z version I also carry. The Ti has more glide while the Big Z has better accuracy. Can't say whether my Ti Mantis is an outlier, though.

Domey Mantis = DD Escape -- Flat Mantis = seasoned Teebird [IMHO]

Old 02-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 88 Times in 52 Posts

I have a pair of X Mantis that molded up pretty flat compared to the premium plastic versions. They don’t hold up all that well to abuse, but they are nice discs