#3061  
Old 02-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Jenga54's Avatar
Jenga54 Jenga54 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,859
Niced 269 Times in 116 Posts
Default

People are having a hard time differentiating between a company and a manufacturer.

DiscMania isn't a manufacturer, and Jussi said in his live stream that he doesn't want to be. There's a handful of manufacturers and up until today, each company only used 1 manufacturer - and did a really good job creating loyalty.

Maybe too good at the loyalty game when it was tied to their manufacturer.

Jussi has always had his sights higher than just the USA. DGWT, etc. Disc golf is a great option for a global sport - and he's not worried about this year, he's looking 10-20 years out, and he's going to kill it in the rest of the world, and keep gaining in the USA too.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3062  
Old 02-17-2019, 04:58 PM
Jenga54's Avatar
Jenga54 Jenga54 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,859
Niced 269 Times in 116 Posts
Default

Who's excited to see DiscMania tooling on the bottom of their DiscMania Instinct?

These look incredible. And it looks like DiscMania is liking my color scheme! Thanks guys - seems like 1 in 100 will buy a red or green disc from me - pink, blue, dayglow, white fly off the shelves. Nice job making what people want!

Reply With Quote
  #3063  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:52 AM
B The V B The V is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 119
Niced 75 Times in 38 Posts
Default

I truly hope they aren't just hyping these as the "more stable fd". I'm still super interested in getting one. I'm personally excited for this move and can't wait to see what it brings.
Reply With Quote
  #3064  
Old 02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 76
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

From what I gather, think Explorer or 2nd run FD. I guess we'll never know until they're actually released though.
Reply With Quote
  #3065  
Old 02-26-2019, 08:23 AM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 76
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

You guys need to do another run of black P line P2's

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #3066  
Old 02-28-2019, 09:03 AM
B The V B The V is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 119
Niced 75 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Following the successful launch of the swirly DD's do you guys plan on any other plastic releases for the DD other than what is currently offered? Maybe a glow or luster???
Reply With Quote
  #3067  
Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Jenga54's Avatar
Jenga54 Jenga54 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,859
Niced 269 Times in 116 Posts
Default

This is just some feedback from a true fan, we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.

Reply With Quote
  #3068  
Old 02-28-2019, 03:03 PM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 76
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.
Not that this is necessarily DM's fault, but Innova's swirl game is severely lacking compared to other manufacturers right now.

But I totally agree. For every sweet looking swirly disc that you see, there's 20 others that just look like blah...

That said, I'm looking forward to the NS2 release next month
Reply With Quote
  #3069  
Old 02-28-2019, 03:40 PM
vihay vihay is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 28
Niced 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
This is just some feedback from a true fan, we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.
This was one of the reasons why I switched from DM/Innova discs to Trilogy/Discraft two years ago. For example Swirly S-CD2 was one of my favourite molds back then, but hard to buy or find. And when they stocked up at Innovastore for that mold, every S-CD2's I ordered from them was ugly earth colored or reminded me of dog barf. And they cost that 20 euros each. Yes, a few of those swirly discs are very nice looking and maybe worth of that extra 4-6 euros/dollars, but most of them are just ugly looking discs that will easily disappear to ground and a way for DM/Innova to make more money from the discs.
Reply With Quote
 

  #3070  
Old 03-01-2019, 01:17 PM
Discmania_Support Discmania_Support is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 117
Niced 59 Times in 36 Posts
Default Discmania Support Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
This is just some feedback from a true fan, we got to find something other than swirly s line as a special release plastic. There's no doubt that we get a few gems out of each run, but for every one of those there are 20 yellowish tan sand color and nobody wants those. They don't even have swirls, they are just earth color. I know the dd3 is coming out with swirly and s line, and will probably sell well. But these CD3 do not look good. Would have rather seen another 1000 Night Strike II run instead. Just honest opinion.

Glow and Color glow is great, we get the different colors and you don't get any yellowish sand.
Always a valid point and definitely a hot topic amongst collectors always. I think the most publicized pictures are either people that get the best ones ever and want to show the world or people that get ones that are brown. Naturally it's always a gamble and everyone has different tastes. The majority of people get discs somewhere in the middle of the spectrum and are happy with they got and don't see much of a need to post them online. I'd also say that despite the ever growing market of collectors and social media posting, there's probably a large amount of people not in these groups showing off plastic and therefore skews the perception of how many beautiful ones get made.

However, we always strive to make something special in each plastic at a time, or at least following one another. Swirl, Metal Flake, Glow, etc. and not rely solely on just making swirl plastic only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B The V View Post
Following the successful launch of the swirly DD's do you guys plan on any other plastic releases for the DD other than what is currently offered? Maybe a glow or luster???
The DD unfortunately is probably going away for good. It breaks some hearts, some of ours included, but we will replace anything that no longer is made with a fresh new take on other molds and have the same flight characteristics in mind. This may not always be the case but new molds are definitely a big goal this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
You guys need to do another run of black P line P2's
Black doesn't come around often but we'll see what we can do in the next batch. It won't be for a couple of months though unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B The V View Post
I truly hope they aren't just hyping these as the "more stable fd". I'm still super interested in getting one. I'm personally excited for this move and can't wait to see what it brings.
These things are amazing. It's very hard to directly compare anything to a 2nd run FD, but these are more stable without a doubt, comparative glide, great grip, and probably a little faster too
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official First Dyes Thread LeewayeDiscGolf Disc Dyeing 328 12-22-2014 11:21 PM
The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread :::LSWT::: General Disc Golf Chat 2879 08-21-2013 07:06 PM
Devin_707's Official FSOT Thread devin_707 The Marketplace 25 04-12-2011 12:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.