#141  
Old 02-18-2019, 12:38 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,001
Niced 696 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
160g doesn't suit your/his needs?
My heavy electrons are straight to understable at Max weight - 240-300'. I imagine a 160 would be perfect for a 10yr old.
It's a feel thing. None of the lighter electrons have the 'right' hand feel...and I really like 150s for certain approach shots. It allows me to really focus on finesse.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-18-2019, 05:35 PM
cjman cjman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,097
Niced 100 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
It's a feel thing. None of the lighter electrons have the 'right' hand feel...and I really like 150s for certain approach shots. It allows me to really focus on finesse.
Well, I was suggesting the light electron for it's flight characteristics suited for a kid.

You think there's much to be gained when there already are 160g protons that feel and fly great? There's plenty of finesse to play with at 160.

I'd expect fission envys to also have a slightly different feel vs proton neutron & plasma. Don't you? Seems like a very specific, very low demand disc you're after when 160g envys are available and quality fliers.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-18-2019, 06:55 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,001
Niced 696 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
Well, I was suggesting the light electron for it's flight characteristics suited for a kid.

You think there's much to be gained when there already are 160g protons that feel and fly great? There's plenty of finesse to play with at 160.

I'd expect fission envys to also have a slightly different feel vs proton neutron & plasma. Don't you? Seems like a very specific, very low demand disc you're after when 160g envys are available and quality fliers.
I hate squishy plastic. Proton is out. Fission is flexible but firm....and the difference from 150 to 160 is huge.

Look at the EDGE discs as well. Most putters are 125 to 145. 160 is way too heavy for a small child.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-18-2019, 07:24 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 1,433
Niced 378 Times in 267 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
Well...no. I can't imagine the Axis, at all, for I've never thrown one, not being able to get one at 165 g. Fission or Neutron or whatever, I'd love to try an Axis at 165 g.
Me too.. I had an Axis at 173 in proton threw it a few times and dumped it.. It didn't fly right compared to my 176 i thought I'd like it but it was actually more stable and less straight. I've had a similar experience with my Tangents I typically bag a 170 but recently got a couple 178's and though they're heavy they fly straighter and less stable out of the box.

As far as discs for a 10yr old.. Those Spins at 150 I think the would be sweet! I would also support any type of new plastic with an Envy. At least once and I definitely prefer Fission to Neutron.

How about Glow on glow... glow plate and glow rim.. I would love an Envy like that!
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-18-2019, 09:28 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,001
Niced 696 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
...
How about Glow on glow... glow plate and glow rim.. I would love an Envy like that!
Glow fission to keep the weight from going over max.... I would buy it
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 PM
cjman cjman is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,097
Niced 100 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I hate squishy plastic. Proton is out. Fission is flexible but firm....and the difference from 150 to 160 is huge.

Look at the EDGE discs as well. Most putters are 125 to 145. 160 is way too heavy for a small child.
We were talking about a 10 yr old and I presume a grown man. Now small children enter...I agree, sub 150 have their place.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:00 AM
VLaForce2002 VLaForce2002 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 172
Niced 96 Times in 54 Posts
Default

I would like to weigh in and say, I prefer 150... specifically 154-158 especially for drivers.
I would drop $300 (the rest of this year’s dg budget) on fission wide rims of all but the most stable molds. Please make that happen Axiom/MVP!!!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:32 AM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,001
Niced 696 Times in 393 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjman View Post
We were talking about a 10 yr old and I presume a grown man. Now small children enter...I agree, sub 150 have their place.
You are making some very poor assumptions about how much power a 10 year old is creating. By Hades, you are making bad assumptions on how much power petite females are creating. I know female players whom would benefit, on a full power pull, from a sub 150 Envy.

MVP has made some inroads into the EDGE market, but they have a way to go if they want to sale to elementary schools or petite women.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-22-2019, 12:57 PM
jakebake91 jakebake91 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: West Central Wisconsin
Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 558
Niced 354 Times in 186 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
You are making some very poor assumptions about how much power a 10 year old is creating. By Hades, you are making bad assumptions on how much power petite females are creating. I know female players whom would benefit, on a full power pull, from a sub 150 Envy.

MVP has made some inroads into the EDGE market, but they have a way to go if they want to sale to elementary schools or petite women.
This full grown, 6' tall, 220 lb man, very much wants a 140 ion......so yeah. Man that'd be a hoot!! I also want one for my son too.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #150  
Old 02-22-2019, 01:12 PM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Great North Woods
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,622
Niced 106 Times in 63 Posts
Default

i think we are better off emailing them with our comments guys


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would love some Feedback. Searching for consistency EvanKRob Form Analysis/Critique 3 05-02-2013 08:12 AM
Our new sling bags are in stock. We'd love some feedback Team Disc Jock Commercial Marketplace 42 05-23-2012 11:14 PM
My Bag - Would Love Feedback AWine44 Bag Suggestions & Feedback 11 04-21-2011 04:17 PM
Stocking up and would love some feedback mcnal1sp Bag Suggestions & Feedback 8 07-20-2010 10:16 AM
I'm off 2 Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota in mid May & would love 2 hear from danhyzer Vacations & Road Trips 24 03-30-2010 01:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.