Niced 57 Times in 31 Posts

< Seven molds, sixteen discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

If you like your Core give a Fuse a try. Real easy to throw dead straight with no fade. And for those anny shots that you want to keep going on that line, it is money. If you power it up you can also get ti to turn and burn. I still like the Core for a lot of shots, but the Fuse is a nice compliment.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

That was for Technohic. Sorry.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, I havent tried the Fuse yet. I figure it would turn better than the Core and would have to put a touch of hyzer on it for straighter shots and sounds nice, but I'm trying to stick with mostly the molds I have now for at least a year and see how it helps consistancy. Trying to decide on my moderately OS disc but everything else is locked in.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I throw FH too, but there are times when having a flippy mid makes the shot easier because you don't have to throw as hard or force a disc to do something it doesn't want to. Also, FH shots go straight and then are dropping on the hyzer finish, where turnover shots can actually get lift as they turn and lift again as they fight out of it, so they can fly farther laterally than FH shots. You might be able to get away with 2 mids at a particular course or two, but not if you play competitively on a local or state circuit. Climo carries 5-6 Rocs, yet he could do more with one than most of us could do with our whole arsenals...He carries more to make it easier on himself and create higher percentages for success. I also don't think most of us are good enough to justify carrying 5-6 (he throws rollers with a couple, and another just for wind), but you definitely need more than two.
As I recall, Climo didn't used to carry that many....but that's years ago. And I will freely admit I could be remembering all wrong.

I used to play some circuits and whatnot and it worked with 2 mids+putter (which I still consider a mid). I carried a stingray for a lot of that time, but ended up not using it as the Shark could be finegled to do most those shots.
So I dumped it.

I wouldn't argue (I'm not actually arguing at all).

The gain lift--well, gaining lift vector perpendicular to gravity-- is certainly a great (!) point.

Also, full disclosure: I haven't played compartment in years. And I always feel like people get accustomed to carrying too many different discs. The second sentence is certainly an opinion--dare I say a disc prejudice!?!?--and has a good possibility of being wrong.

I just remember being in groups with dudes like Orum who seemed like he threw 5 discs the whole round. And dudes like stokely would make a disc just do whatever he wanted--to say nothing of launching comets like 400 feet.

So that part of me is torn against the part that says, "if there's a better tool, use it."

Cheers, though....gets me thinking!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Here is a trick I learned probably because of the 150 Flick. I've always tried to throw the same weight range. With the 150 Flick my arm speed was faster so my release point was always off. Now I carry a lighter version of the molds that I throw to fool my release point. If I have a forehand or backhand hyzer shot that is safer if I miss it long then I use a lighter disc. I'd much rather have a late release than an early one.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

ALERT: tried to edit my previous but it didn't seem to work:

Should have said," I wouldn't argue (actually I'm not advising at all) that 2 mids is on the light side. It is. And I wouldn't recommend or advocate that. It's just kind of how it ended up for me."

I went to read my post and without the words after the parenthesis it looks like I am being a douche. Not my intent at all.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettDN View Post
ALERT: tried to edit my previous but it didn't seem to work:

Should have said," I wouldn't argue (actually I'm not advising at all) that 2 mids is on the light side. It is. And I wouldn't recommend or advocate that. It's just kind of how it ended up for me."

I went to read my post and without the words after the parenthesis it looks like I am being a douche. Not my intent at all.

It's all good. I was a little confused, but I didn't feel any negativity from your post. We agree on most things. I just feel that you should throw as few discs as you can, as long as you still have as many lines as possible in your bag. Someone who is really good could honestly only throw 2-3 different lines ever, and if they did it accurately and were a good putter, they could be 1000 rated just finding a way to use those lines and executing. They could take threes on the holes that were not one of their lines and birdie all the holes that did work for their lines. That does bore me though, but this is an individual game where the low score wins.

This has been one of the better discussions I've had on DGCR.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh....and the iPhone screwed my typing...should have said, "haven't played COMPETITIVE in years."

Compartment makes exactly 0 sense to me.

Also, full disclosure: I haven't played COMPETITIVE in years. And I always feel like people get accustomed to carrying too many different discs. The second sentence is certainly an opinion--dare I say a disc prejudice!?!?--and has a good possibility of being wrong.