Old 01-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I (respectfully) disagree. I find the CCDG guys among the most annoying DG commentators. I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they sound like a couple douchey surfer dudes. Who, in my opinion, perpetuate the stupid, burnout hippie stereotype that disc golf is trying to drop. But, to each his own...
I respectfully disagree, but with you, the commentators the pdga normally uses are illinformed at best, completely incompetent at worst, perhaps because im from cali and know a ton of folks that sound just like them that are in no way hippies, burnouts or douchey surfers (side note the only douchey surfers i do know are transplants from the midwest who think that is how people are supposed to act...douches.) I would rather listen CCDG any day.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 45
Niced 2,588 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
I agree w tuna. Ccdg has good video but the commentary is unprofessional. Sounds like they are just goofing around. The last video (copenhagen) had a dog barking in the background for like 3 min! Not saying that crazy and greenwell are better but ccdg guys do sound like your stereotypical stoner/surfer/hippie. Some info they give is informative (disc selection, etc) but stop saying "man", "dude", and "hyzer bomb".
Imma' go ahead and give your post one of these too:
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts

like it really matters?! disc golf commentary is not a profession to begin with. Be thankful someone is out there in that area doing things to support DG. there is a mute button for all videos. If you can't relate to someone just because they don't speak exactly like you but clearly have a passion which is similar then just get over yourself already and move on DUDE(s).
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 96
Niced 6 Times in 3 Posts

I guess people like what they like!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

CCDG are extremely professional, courteous and supportive of the DG community, all over the Coastal California DG scene, North and South. They represent the good things about Disc Golf, much more than the bad. So we should give thanks to them, and turn off the sound if your personal preference is not to listen to Californians that love Disc Golf.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 59 Times in 26 Posts

I've watched all manner of videos from those with commentary, to those with music, to those with dead air. The ones I enjoy the most are the ones where CCDG is providing the commentary. Every announcer on the planet can be annoying to some degree and the CCGG guys are no exception, but by and large they provide enough good info offset their foibles and end up making the video more fun to watch.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 78
Niced 11 Times in 1 Post

I agree with most wrong coasters here. The CCDG guys are Def. Cali. there is no doubt there but they do seem to be genuinely having fun with the videos and they are doing a decent job trying to keep it light and entertaining and I can't say they are completely failing there. They are also doing voice over so it is much easier for them to offer insight as they are doing it after seeing the footage.

as for Crazy John/Greenie and the DG planet commentary. It is just garbage all the way around. they really need to do WAY more prep work for the broadcast and for god sake get their facts straight before speaking. I love the DG Planet concept and I need for it to be successful because I love the live aspect of the competition. but damn they make it hard to listen.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

My favorites are usually the no commentary/no music videos, but it's nice to get the occasional disc info from the CCDG guys.

I'd love it if Feldburg started doing commentary.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 21
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I don't know if they do it on purpose, but they sound like a couple douchey surfer dudes. Who, in my opinion, perpetuate the stupid, burnout hippie stereotype that disc golf is trying to drop. But, to each his own...
LOL at your ignorance. I grew up on the central coast (Santa Maria), and the CCDG guys sound nothing like "stupid, burnout hippies" to me, they sound like me and my drug-free, non-surfing, polo-shirt wearing friends and relatives. Keep up the good work, CCDG.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 67
Niced 607 Times in 300 Posts

I'd like to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5rZbTqOqTs

transformed into filming tournament rounds. Imagine seeing the disc flights from above.