Old 05-31-2018, 02:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 699 Times in 395 Posts

Overall, you guys are doing a good job. Out of the group of 6 of us that play together, 5 of us bag the Envy. I would put it near the Comet as being the best disc ever!

Having said that, the lack of glide on your mid-range discs keep them out of my bag. The Comet and Wasp rule there.

Bring back firm plastic. I will no longer buy Neutron or Proton plastic as they are both way too soft. Discraft is getting more spots in my bag for no reason other than I can get firm discs from them.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 27
Niced 595 Times in 301 Posts

I throw a very mixed bag (hence the sig line), but can't imagine my bag without the Fission Volt. It's probably the disc I throw off the tee most often. IMO, Fission's the best lightweight plastic out there because its stability is roughly the same as the other plastics. I'd like to see more molds that use it.

It would also be cool to see more special stamps on your discs. I like having different-looking discs, but the only options I had for my Fission Volts and my Envy are stock stamps (I did pick up two 1616 Insanities). I at least have the option of different stamps on other companies' discs I bag.

I looked long and hard at an Axiom Pro basket, but ultimately went another direction because of a sale. Still love those though.

I would have been all over an inexpensive, DD Trooper style bag from MVP or Axiom (especially if it came in the wide variety of colors Axiom provides with their other products).
Old 05-31-2018, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 124
Niced 864 Times in 461 Posts

I just want to know why it seems impossible for over-mold discs to have some dome.

Every single MVP or Axiom disc I have thrown have been completely board flat. And since I don't really like that, I have never bagged any over-mold discs.

I assume there's a real, physical reason why this isn't possible, but maybe not? Maybe MVP just really likes flat stuff?
Old 05-31-2018, 02:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,114 Times in 1,666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
I just want to know why it seems impossible for over-mold discs to have some dome.

Every single MVP or Axiom disc I have thrown have been completely board flat. And since I don't really like that, I have never bagged any over-mold discs.

I assume there's a real, physical reason why this isn't possible, but maybe not? Maybe MVP just really likes flat stuff?
The two higher speed classes are almost too domey...

This is a nitro. Something between a beefy destroyer and a boss. scroll down to the profile diagram.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-d...istance-driver

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 05-31-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 104
Niced 161 Times in 69 Posts

Here's a fun story- I was playing with a newbie, and had been letting her throw my valk since that's a pretty go-to beginner disc. She was doing pretty well for a first timer, but was having a hard time getting up and over 100ft. On a whim, I handed her an Amp I keep in my bag and she immediately popped 125ft, and then up to 150ft soon after. So now she has one of her own!
Old 05-31-2018, 02:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 133
Niced 280 Times in 133 Posts

Firstly, thanks for asking!

What would I like to see next?

There is a substantial gap between stable-understable drivers and stable-overstable distance drivers. Examples: Wave to Photon/Defy; and Inertia to Tesla/Wrath. If you develop stable distance drivers to fill that gap I promise to buy big piles of them!

What do I want more of?

Inventory:
Drivers in the 158-163 range get snapped up quickly when released, and are often unavailable for months. Please consider closer matching between inventory and demand.

For example – I am down to my last few Neutron Waves in the 158-165 gram range. Replacements have not been available for several months. Wave is my main distance driver so if I run out I will be forced to look elsewhere. If I like the alternative, you may lose a regular customer. Just sayin’.

Weights:
Like many older players (and quite a few younger players) I throw drivers in the 155-165 gram range. In fact I switched to MVP because you offer drivers in those weights. I would love to see the following discs at < 165 grams:

23mm distance drivers (Tenacity, Octane, Catalyst, etc.)
Streamline drivers (Trace!)

Bright colors:
I would love to see more brightly-colored discs, especially bright pink, fluorescent yellow, bright orange and even white. Often the only discs available are the “color of lost” – leaf green, dark blue, dark purple, dark gray, and even dark red (hard to distinguish from green, especially for the 8% of northern European males with red-green colorblindness).

Faster midranges:
Tangent and Theory are amazing straight-flying discs, but barely faster than putters. Axis is beautifully straight but only available in heavier weights. Please consider developing straight-stable and stable-understable midranges with 14mm to 15mm rims and weights < 175 grams. I would love to replace my 168 gram Fuzion EMac Truth and 400G M4.

What do I like about your discs?

MVP/Axiom makes the most neutral, straight-flying distance drivers I have ever found. The Neutron Wave (and before that Neutron Inertia) is my most-thrown driver. If MVP/Axiom/Streamline had similar fast fairway drivers and midranges your discs would take over my bag.

Neutron and Plasma plastic are my favorites for grip, durability, and visibility. Proton is a bit slippery for me, and the colors tend to disappear in the undergrowth.

Domey / flat: I prefer a mix because each has advantages. Flat suits my sidearm grip best and cuts through the air nicely, but dome often yields more glide. Have you considered offering either flat and domey variants on each mold, or flat and domey pairings at each speed?

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2018, 03:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 133
Niced 280 Times in 133 Posts

Whoops, one other thing:

I have a Black Hole practice basket. The cap on top of the pole flies off whenever I hit it with a putt. If this part gets lost water will get into the pole, which is probably not good.

A more sturdily-attached pole cap would be much better.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:11 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,552 Times in 1,206 Posts

I do agree that a larger quantity of drivers in lighter weights without long waits (see what I did there? ) would be great.

And something a wee tad, just a wee tad, more stable that the Wave would be great, even a Wave with higher PLH on purpose would probably do the trick...
Old 05-31-2018, 03:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 124
Niced 864 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
The two higher speed classes are almost too domey...

This is a nitro. Something between a beefy destroyer and a boss. scroll down to the profile diagram.

http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-d...istance-driver
Wow, super nice website. Love the profile pics.

Probably 90% of the MVP/Axiom discs I have thrown are fairways. Which all seem super flat in the profile pics. Guess that explains it.

Niced: (1)

Old 05-31-2018, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 699 Times in 395 Posts

Colors: White discs. Not only dk Storm troopers feel better in the hand(I have been blind tested with new discs, I can feel the differences in same weight discs but different colors) , they also are better fir dye jobs.