Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 485 Times in 277 Posts

I think we will only see LUNA and ZONE in his bag, he has been throwing the LUNA alot in his videos. . so we know he can use LUNA on most lines.

I think he might have had a plan to putt with the ROACH but they decided to make the LUNA for him. . to give him a more "OS ROACH" with the feel and flight of his AVIAR.

Looking at the first part of the video i feels like ROACH and ZONE is the only two he has tryed to dial in this winter
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 113
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 41 Times in 25 Posts

Looking at the flight of the Luna, That thing can hold a line and looks pretty stable. They didn't show him putting with it but in some of the videos on his Instagram he was using it to putt.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:48 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 698 Times in 394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think we will only see LUNA and ZONE in his bag, he has been throwing the LUNA alot in his videos. . so we know he can use LUNA on most lines.

I think he might have had a plan to putt with the ROACH but they decided to make the LUNA for him. . to give him a more "OS ROACH" with the feel and flight of his AVIAR.

Looking at the first part of the video i feels like ROACH and ZONE is the only two he has tryed to dial in this winter
The Luna appeared to be straighter than the Roach to me (less turn, less fade). The flight looked more like a faster Banger GT.... of course, to be sure, I would need to see McBeth throw the Banger.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 686 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
The Luna appeared to be straighter than the Roach to me (less turn, less fade). The flight looked more like a faster Banger GT.... of course, to be sure, I would need to see McBeth throw the Banger.
I couldn't stand it so I went ahead and picked up a Luna, yeah I paid $20 for a mid grade plastic putter. Turns out it's not my thing for a putter, might be that I prefer something less firm or slightly less stable but I'll happily stay with my D Roaches for putting.

But.... I really like it as a thrower. Less turn than the Roach and pretty reliable mild fade. Takes power a bit better than the Roach so it's capable of a little more distance. Similar floaty flight but just a tick more stable. I haven't seen McB's new putter vid but I imagine he'll throw the Luna as well as putt with it. Solid candidate for his Nova replacement.

Now I gotta decide if I want to bag a $20 mid grade plastic throwing putter.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:23 AM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,544 Times in 1,200 Posts

I saw the Jomez video but not the interview. My impression is that the Luna could be the Nova replacement, but it is not as OS as the McPro Aviars were, and may not be as stable as McBeast likes to putt with.

I'm looking forward to actual McBeth "In the Bag" videos, once he decides what that bag will be. But I'm not counting on that happening very soon; Discraft is getting a HUGE return on investment with these Jomez videos showing all those different Discraft discs....
Old 01-15-2019, 10:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 385 Times in 249 Posts

I would figure Paul and DC discussed him having some input on some new molds as maybe an unofficial part of the deal. I could see him being satisfied putting with the Roach but thinking to himself "it would be nice to have a P2 clone in case I want something a little more stable" hence the Luna. Could also be that someone in the organization wanted to get away from the corny Roach name, so they reinvented the Aviar wheel to put something different in Paul's hands.

Interested to see how the Kong flies in comparison to those Z Forces. And of course the Raptor (?) sounds like a welcome addition.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:40 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 31
Niced 871 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
I would figure Paul and DC discussed him having some input on some new molds as maybe an unofficial part of the deal. I could see him being satisfied putting with the Roach but thinking to himself "it would be nice to have a P2 clone in case I want something a little more stable" hence the Luna. Could also be that someone in the organization wanted to get away from the corny Roach name, so they reinvented the Aviar wheel to put something different in Paul's hands....
He posted the stack of putter configurations Discraft gave him to test out, every 2 being a new config/plastic. But the base ended up being the convex Roach bottom...and I'm almost positive it's a Challenger top based on what his caddy told me, what Paul said in this post, and from Discraft liking a comment I made, asking if it was.

So, it was reinventing the Roach. (Which I'm sticking with cuz I dgaf about the name. That putter es mantecoso.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pmcb insta.JPG (120.9 KB, 148 views)

Old 01-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 166 Times in 105 Posts

It sounds like the roach + challenger had a Disc baby. He shouted out the Nate doss rubber blend challenger as inspiration in that Instagram post.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:30 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 18.7
Niced 35 Times in 19 Posts

The Luna feels amazing, I have yet to throw one yet because I want to hold on to my prototypes. I can't wait to get a factory run of these.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 323 Times in 147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I'm looking forward to actual McBeth "In the Bag" videos, once he decides what that bag will be. But I'm not counting on that happening very soon; Discraft is getting a HUGE return on investment with these Jomez videos showing all those different Discraft discs....
From what I gather - the ITB video will happen before his first event to wrap up his building the bag series. Assuming that's the Winter Time Open, we are only a month away! I'm guessing he has it sorted out at this point.. even in the building the bag series, you could tell he knew some discs better than others and they were most likely in his practice bag.

Last edited by DinosaurThunder; 01-16-2019 at 12:41 PM.