Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 488 Times in 238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANBURGARLAR View Post
I'm sure throughout the season we will see him experiment in that OS forehand driver slot. Between the pred, raptor, machete, force, crush, flick, and nuke OS hes got lots of options..
It looked like he was flicking one of those iDye Trackers on the California Part 2 video
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-08-2019, 11:04 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 166 Times in 105 Posts

The plot thickens! Call me a sucker, but in an attempt to predict the future I just picked up a nice looking teal max weight tracker from hyzerfarm.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 71 Times in 55 Posts

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and Mcbeth bags it, then it shows that the Eagle is an excellent disc. Sadly, it will have taken him to go to Discraft to finally realize this truth.

Seriously, I would like to see a good mold given a second chance.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 514 Times in 252 Posts

Curious to see if he ends up liking the Machete for his OS fairway or if he ends up going another direction. That and OS putter were the slots that changed most frequently in his Innova lineup. Zone should take care of the OS putter issues. I think Machetes rule and would love to see Paul bag one.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,124 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
Curious to see if he ends up liking the Machete for his OS fairway or if he ends up going another direction. That and OS putter were the slots that changed most frequently in his Innova lineup. Zone should take care of the OS putter issues. I think Machetes rule and would love to see Paul bag one.
I have no clue what he wants out of an OS control driver. He's bagged regular Firebirds, gone more OS with the Monster, and gone less OS with the Sexton Firebirds and FD3's. Seems to have gone to less crazy beefy styles lately. Whereas my small experience with the Machete is that it is in FAF Firebird realm of insane stability.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I have no clue what he wants out of an OS control driver. He's bagged regular Firebirds, gone more OS with the Monster, and gone less OS with the Sexton Firebirds and FD3's. Seems to have gone to less crazy beefy styles lately. Whereas my small experience with the Machete is that it is in FAF Firebird realm of insane stability.
The one complaint he had with the Firebird is that it wasn't comfortable for him in his hand, so he would sometimes not trust the disc as a result. It seems like he prefers discs with deeper rims. I don't recall if the Machete rim is deeper than a Firebird or not, but that would probably play a role. I can see it as a utility disc that comes in and out of his bag based on the course/conditions.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 514 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Machetes are up there with the most OS fairways ever made. I'd always just assumed that the reason that McBeth swapped around with utility fairways was that he couldn't find one that was consistently OS enough, but you make a good point that some of the options he tried out were inherently less OS than stock champ Firebirds. Explains why he was testing out a Predator back during that Drivers episode of the build a bag videos with Jomez.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,124 Times in 1,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
The one complaint he had with the Firebird is that it wasn't comfortable for him in his hand, so he would sometimes not trust the disc as a result. It seems like he prefers discs with deeper rims. I don't recall if the Machete rim is deeper than a Firebird or not, but that would probably play a role. I can see it as a utility disc that comes in and out of his bag based on the course/conditions.
Interesting. I feel like I have zero issues going between Champ Firebird, Champ Thunderbird, and Champ Teebird...Teebird is obviously narrower but they are all in the same family to me. He was throwing all of those too. I guess different disc feel aspects are more noticeable to certain people. I like I don't really like the anhyzer top, for instance.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Interesting. I feel like I have zero issues going between Champ Firebird, Champ Thunderbird, and Champ Teebird...Teebird is obviously narrower but they are all in the same family to me. He was throwing all of those too. I guess different disc feel aspects are more noticeable to certain people. I like I don't really like the anhyzer top, for instance.
Yeah, both Teebird and Thunderbird have slightly shallower rims than the Firebird, so who knows if it was rim depth issues or something else. I just remember him saying in one interview that he didn't find it comfortable in his hand so he didn't trust the grip.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 233
Niced 1,170 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and Mcbeth bags it, then it shows that the Eagle is an excellent disc. Sadly, it will have taken him to go to Discraft to finally realize this truth.

Seriously, I would like to see a good mold given a second chance.
Lol......guess this is testimony to the power of McBeth marketing. FTFY

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and McBeth bags it, the then shows that the Eagle is a disc that McBeth sometimes likes. I never found the Tracker to be an excellent disc.