Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Should we limit the amount of disc in the bag during a round?
Yes 21 20.00%
No 84 80.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 828
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
If he did all that fidgeting with a bag of 10-15 discs would it have been any less annoying?

Sounds like we need a time limit to take one's shot, more than we do a disc limit. Oh wait! We do have one of those.
ding ding, we have a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob2918 View Post
28 isn't bag they all fot n a bag. And umbrellas are gay! You can't drive with one. You just gotta man up and play or stay home lol. Worst I've ever seen was a group on my small home town course with a cart and about 250 disc. No lie literally a disc wall 5 ft tall and gad 8 shysters playing all day. They rented a cabin and ruined my weekend. But whatever its there right to be dicks, I just moved courses
Is this English?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe any rule made should be more focused on unreasonable delay of ANY kind: discs, phones, kitchenettes, hot dog carts etc

Hell, there's probably a rule for that already.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.6
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Vegan Ray

An unwritten rule of Tiki golf (all of the rules of Tiki golf are unwritten) is that if you bring it with you on the course, you don't put it down. So bring 3 discs & a beer, but be prepared to hold the beer & two of the discs in your off hand while you throw.

Alas, the younger generation of Tiki players respects not this rule & we now see orphaned beer bottles (and sometimes discs) on a whole lot of teepads.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyedjack View Post
A simple Yes or No Please.
Should we limit the amount of disc in the bag during a round? In ball golf You can only have 14 clubs in your bag during a round,yet many "serious disc golfers" feel the need to carry 30+ disc,a stool,an umbrella and the kitchen sink.
See below:

Quote:
No equipment restrictions unless its part of a special format.

Ball golfers generally don't risk the hazard of losing their clubs during the round either.
Quote:
If he did all that fidgeting with a bag of 10-15 discs would it have been any less annoying?

Sounds like we need a time limit to take one's shot, more than we do a disc limit. Oh wait! We do have one of those.
scarpfish pwned this thread. This isn't ball golf.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 26.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
How exactly would this speed up the game? I've been playing tournaments for almost four years now and I've never once seen a bottleneck caused by people carrying large amount of discs, equipment and tripod stools.
True, at a tournament everyone has lots of equipment. The problem is people bring this mentality with everyday of the week. I hate the bottlenecks these guys cause
Old 06-30-2010, 03:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 40 Times in 24 Posts

I like the idea of having the time limit which is already in place. It kinda forces you to learn specific discs and then have multiple versions of it (beat, light, all that. Which I really like the idea of, which is why I'm learning the Vibram putters because they all feel about the same in hand but fly very differently due to the beads (which do not effect release at all... oddly). Also I don't think ball golfers have the flight/line patterns that we do.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
True, at a tournament everyone has lots of equipment. The problem is people bring this mentality with everyday of the week. I hate the bottlenecks these guys cause
I don't think you understood what he said...it isn't the equipment that's slowing people down. The mentality and the equipment are two different things. I guarantee that I'll take just as long to think about my shot if I have 3 discs as I would if I have my whole bag. Most of the time I know what I'm throwing before I've walked up to my lie. After that its thinking about executing the shot correctly and making sure there isn't a better line. That isn't going to change based on how many discs I have with me.

Oh and um...if it isn't a tourney...ask to play through? Man, that was a tough solution...
Old 06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 351
Niced 481 Times in 187 Posts

Quote:
So this isn't a tournament problem then, but a casual play one? Sorry, but the PDGA has no jurisdiction there, or at local leagues, or at unsanctioned tournaments.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Carolina Crusher's Magic Man

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 25
Niced 37 Times in 13 Posts

I voted for "No Limit", not because I feel people should have 100 disc and take forever to choose one. But for the reason that instead of putting a limit on the number, put a time limit on how long a player has to choose and drive a disc from the tee. For example: it is my understanding that the pdga has a time limit for a "lost disc" of 3 minutes. Therefore I would agree to a time limit on teeing off

Old 06-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.6
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Vegan Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWayneHester View Post
Therefore I would agree to a time limit on teeing off
You don't have to; it already exists. 801.03A:
Quote:
A maximum of 30 seconds is allowed to each player to make a throw after:
• The previous player has thrown; and,
• The player has taken a reasonable time to arrive at the disc and mark the lie; and,
• The playing area is clear and free of distractions.