Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

View Poll Results: Should we limit the amount of disc in the bag during a round?
Yes 21 20.00%
No 84 80.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 7
Niced 49 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongoff09 View Post
This is what I meant.

For example-two players have hit their drive to about the same area and have 165 yds to the hole with the pin being to the right side of the green and a moderate right to left wind and a tree just in front and to the right of the green. The best shot here is to fight the wind and hit straight at the hole.

Skilled player- hits a 7 iron but has to alter his swing to the outside-in to hit a cut that fights the wind and drops near the pin.

Less Skilled player that can use unlimited clubs-swing normally but uses a modified 7 iron that hits a cut shot that fights the wind and drops near the pin.
Realistically you can't carry infinity clubs. What if they were 10 yards one way or the other? The first player can just hit it differently to compensate but the second player will have to live with being 10 yards off. Carrying more clubs and not learning thsoe skills is a disadvantage in that case. So unless you carry the exact 50-60 clubs for any given course and always hit the ball perfectly, carring more clubs isn't an advantage. Any time you play a new course the first player will have a huge advantage because they'll always have the right club while there's a good chance the second player won't ever have the right club.

I get the impression that this isn't an issue that comes up in ball golf because of the rule so a ball golfer won't see why it's not an advantage. Once the DGR forums get back up I can point you to a thread where it's clearly explained that carrying a ton of discs and throwing them all the same is actually a disadvantage over carrying a few discs and throwing them differently. Why should making poor club/disc choices be against the rules?
Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 262
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 42 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by garublador View Post
Why should making poor club/disc choices be against the rules?
When I'm playing in a tournament with people who have big heavy bags, I consider that a slight advantage especially in the hot, humid Kentucky summer. Towards the end of the second round, they're going to be a bit more tired than me from carrying around a huge bag all day