Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

only thrown a s-line dd, and it flew more like a wraith but it is slightly used. an opto striker is the closest thing to a teebird i have ever thrown
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 81
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

To me a Wraith flies somewhat like a longer TeeBird but has that little bit of high speed turn and then a little too much low speed fade. The Strikers I've had were advertised as a faster TeeBird but turned out to have not near as much HSS, especially into a headwind. I did not create this thread to ask which disc has been hyped as being a longer TeeBird. I already know that answer. I created this thread because I noticed that what I think and hope will be the true longer Champion TeeBird has just hit the market and I was actually kind of wondering why no one else seems to be excited about it like I am. I guess there have just been too many new molds come out in the last couple of years that everyone is numb to it. I am excited and will be throwing one tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 455 Times in 255 Posts

I have a first run S-DD and just this summer also bought a P-DD to see if it was glidier or less stable. As it turns out, not much so.

AFAIK, the first run S-DDs are notoriously glideless. 11,5,0,2 you say? I'd say my S-DD is struggling to have even 3 glide, and fades more than 2. The P-line is similar, just not quite as bad. The C-line I haven't tried yet, but I'm not setting my hopes high for it to be a miracle disc (which the PD already is! ).

Take the above with a grain of salt, because my form is probably too weak for the DD to really to what it's supposed to. (golf D ~300-330, max D ~380)

I will probably get one eventually though, if not for any other reason, then just because I am a Discmania Freak.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The FR S-DD's are indeed totally glideless, and I've also seen a couple of flat Hysteria stamped ones that were just as bad. All of the P-Lines I've seen and thrown have been domey though, and very glidey, right up there with Wraiths. I've also thrown a few domey Hysteria stamped S-DD's and they were just a bit less glidey than the P-Lines (about the same difference as between Star and Pro Wraiths) but more HSS and LSS, not too much so though.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Good to know. I'll be sure to look for a domier one.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Got one and have been tossing it for a few rounds. Just like everyone said. Less glide than advertised. More fade than advertised. Flies more like a Firebird than a TeeBird. Skips like crazy. This disc need to be in the skippiest disc thread. I'm going to keep throwing it and see if it beats in to anything useable. Definitely a great headwind driver, maybe one of the best on the market. You don't have to worry about this disc turning over on you.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 11
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to drickanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinding View Post
Got one and have been tossing it for a few rounds. Just like everyone said. Less glide than advertised. More fade than advertised. Flies more like a Firebird than a TeeBird. Skips like crazy. This disc need to be in the skippiest disc thread. I'm going to keep throwing it and see if it beats in to anything useable. Definitely a great headwind driver, maybe one of the best on the market. You don't have to worry about this disc turning over on you.
I have a P-DD that I used to carry as a headwind compliment to my Wraiths, until I got my first no-patent star Wraith, then I just started carrying that. I still enjoy throwing that DD every now and then, but it's almost like it needs a headwind just to stay up in the air.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just picked one of these up a couple of weeks back...it is used so might not fly like out of the box but flew very similar to a star wraith. Not as much fade as you would think
Old 11-22-2011, 08:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.8
Courses Played: 29
Niced 191 Times in 117 Posts

ordered a few pink cdd's. hopefully theyll season into what i want because ironically after i said what i said above,im now looki.g for wraith x's :/ . so i predict these to be better "wraith x's"

anybody else toss these ?

Old 11-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 53
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Just ordered a 175 from Disc Nation today, couldn't pass up the 20% off Black Friday coupon on the site. I'm hoping this disc fits perfectly into the slot between my PD and PD2. Discmania has basically taken over my bag with their great drivers. I throw my Frenzy, Chaos and Freak religiously.