Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 323 Times in 147 Posts

Anyone still have C-line DD's from the original release?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaurThunder View Post
Anyone still have C-line DD's from the original release?
Yup. Stupid meathook.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 323 Times in 147 Posts

Anyone else been bagging the Sexton DD's? I have a flat dayglo in the bag right now and finally have it worked in slightly. I am finding it fairly beefy and great option for headwinds or heavy cross winds. Just as beefy as the old stock, but with a touch more glide. Hoping to get my hands on 1-2 more dayglos.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 17 Times in 13 Posts

I have a 2 sexton DD and one old C-line I found from the early beefy runs at a PIAS. Although the sextons may be a tad longer and stiffer feeling they both hook up and fight wind really well. I would say the sextons fly like a champ wraith minus the high speed turn of the wraith. Where the old C-line flies closer to a first run PD (but with an obviously larger rim, just that same beef OS at the end of its flight).
Old 10-14-2015, 02:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 49
Niced 423 Times in 291 Posts

Just picked up a red domey Sexton DD. It's a MONSTER! The thing just eats up the fairway forever! Beefy, but still plenty of glide so with a good snap, they go for a country mile. Lots of discs this overstable (I'm looking at you Prodigy H1/X1) don't like to stay straight and slow down quickly, but the Sexytime DD will stay dead straight for 280'-300' or so before hooking up significantly and skipping like a monster.

Very good stuff.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:12 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 468 Times in 258 Posts

My thoughts exactly, its like a FAF firebird that only remembers its a FAF firebird after it has been flying a good while. Although I am talking about a JL Crush DD. Pretty much the same, right?
Old 07-01-2018, 06:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 685 Times in 492 Posts

Necro bump. I guess. Anyway. I recently found myself throwing the DD. I bought it in C line to be my "beefy Wraith". So then I happened upon an Sline DD here recently (used). I threw it a few times and instantly felt like this could season into a Wraith like disc (with less fade) so here's my issue I'm working on a simplified bag and I believe I can use one distance driver in multiple stages of wear. Does anyone have any info on how the S line DD seasons? And is it, in your opinion a Viable candidate for a mainstay driver as a cycled disc
Old 07-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,968 Times in 937 Posts

Well, funny you mention it. I've been bagging a S DD I got used out of the PIAS bin and it's stout. Extremely hard if not impossible for me to flip over, goes straight and dies fading forward. Doesn't glide great but it's really consistent, just finishes left of center every time without fading really hard or dumpy. It's max weight and I've been wondering about using it for my headwind distance driver and getting a lighter one to see if it's still really HSS but picks up any glide and/or loses LSS.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 9
Niced 685 Times in 492 Posts

The S mine I have is 171. Its a little worn and like. you said I can't flip it i force it over a few times and it looked akmost kike it wouldn't come back. But it did and it died without fade just came back to center and began descent I also would like to get a fresh on and a beat to hell one just to see.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:00 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I have been cycling S Line DD's since they were initially released. I bought 3 of the first runs back when they came out and I have had at least one in the bag ever since. I currently bag 3 all max weight. I beat two of my original first runs to the point where they will hyzer flip perfectly on hard drives. So it is possible to get them to this point. I also keep one disc in mid-wear state in the bag. This still flies much like you describe above. Finally I try and find an absolute beef cake as the third DD for hard skip shots.

Niced: (1)