Old 07-26-2012, 01:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 123
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lung View Post
Hooray!

I can't wait to see how taking even more money that would otherwise be used to grow youth and/or women and/or minorities in disc golf, and giving it away to the roughly three dozen Open disc golfers who place 11th through 47th at Pro Worlds to ensure that they don't "take a loss" to play, is going to revolutionize the Pro Worlds tournament and the sport of disc golf.

But if the BoD decides that this is a worthy cause, then so be it. Until your proposal is passed however, would it kill you, Matt, to refrain from spouting the exact same tired economics and mathematical breakdown every year at this time? Would it kill you to refrain from trying to poo-poo a tournament which you did not play in and had nothing to do with? Is there any chance that you'd give just the smallest consideration to all the volunteers & staff & hundreds of players who did enjoy this tournament and don't want to see it dragged through the mud?!?

Would it kill you to let me bring this up every year?......Also I don't know why me playing the tournament has much to do with it as when I did play you were one of those asking me why I went back if the payout was so bad.

I am not dragging the tournament of volunteer through the mud as they had little to nothing to do with the payout in MPO.

Beaver State Fling pays out WAY better than Worlds and my question is why it is ok for the World Championships to have a stagnant payout year after year even though PDGA membership and tournaments have been on the rise.

The best payout I ever experienced was at a tournament using a similar model that payed $1000+ to the top 4 with a $70 entry.........and look at how quickly PDGA Pros decide to attend the Southern Nationals Championships...acquiring sponsor exemptions just for a chance to play.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 53 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodney View Post
Hey, wasn't Scooter dating Rhett's daughter or something? Where is Rhett anyway? That guy is money.
is upm still alive?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan McDaniel View Post
I can't see removing them, as I do like to have some diversity of shots when possible, but I would like to offer longer more difficult tees for the both of them and have given that a lot of thought.
Has anyone looked at the average score for hole 1, 2 & 3 at Angry? Personnally I like the idea of having a couple "easy" holes... 1,2,&3. It gives you a since of.. "is this it? too easy!" then the course begins to take all those nice birdies back then starts chewing you up and spits you out! At least thats what it did to me! score 73 after going to hole 5 at -2.

I think if you just elevated hole 1's basket and made a second longer teepad for #2 this would make both holes more challenging. remember it's all "risk vs reward"

Thanks Stan for the awsome courses!

PS... my hyzer shots are alot better now! LOL

Last edited by Cyoda44; 07-26-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 125
Niced 2,460 Times in 1,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyoda44 View Post
Has anyone looked at the average score for hole 1, 2 & 3 at Angry? Personnally I like the idea of having a couple "easy" holes... 1,2,&3. It gives you a since of.. "is this it? too easy!" then the course begins to take all those nice birdies back then starts chewing you up and spits you out! At least thats what it did to me! score 73 after going to hole 5 at -2.
Boy, does it ever soften you up for the kill. First time I played it I thought I'd been ambushed about #5.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrab66 View Post
whats more funny is if you go back to late last year and find the thread talking about how screwed up this worlds was going to be, page after page of some dude spewing negative rants about the CDGC and the courses that were being used for different divisions etc....

Definition of irony: that dude won a title at this years worlds!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 239
Niced 26 Times in 12 Posts
Lightbulb

From what I was told last week, the dude has some serious bi-polar disorder issues.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan McDaniel View Post
Definition of irony: that dude won a title at this years worlds!
i knew that name looked familiar, havent seen him around these parts in a while, I wonder if he still has a problem with the course selection
Old 07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 348
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot_er View Post

Beaver State Fling pays out WAY better than Worlds and my question is why it is ok for the World Championships to have a stagnant payout year after year even though PDGA membership and tournaments have been on the rise.
I'm with Jeff on this one. I get tired of hearing it every year. It's not the time. We are playing for each others money. What are you doing to get money from outside our sport? We are already taxed.

I've gotta call you out on this one. How is the payout better at the Beaver State Fling? 1st place won $2400. 4th place $1100. Worlds had 9 guys win 1000 or more. $5500 for 1st. The player packs were decent for a pro player pack.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 123
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by #19325 View Post
I'm with Jeff on this one. I get tired of hearing it every year. It's not the time. We are playing for each others money. What are you doing to get money from outside our sport? We are already taxed.

I've gotta call you out on this one. How is the payout better at the Beaver State Fling? 1st place won $2400. 4th place $1100. Worlds had 9 guys win 1000 or more. $5500 for 1st. The player packs were decent for a pro player pack.
The payout is 1/2 that of worlds......also look farther down the list to 15th -20th. I will say I don't haven't looked at the comparison to this year's myself but I am pretty sure the payout % is much better......NOT AGGREGATE NUMBERS

Old 07-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 348
Niced 13 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot_er View Post
The payout is 1/2 that of worlds......also look farther down the list to 15th -20th. I will say I don't haven't looked at the comparison to this year's myself but I am pretty sure the payout % is much better......NOT AGGREGATE NUMBERS
You can spin it anyway you want. It's standard use of the PDGA payout chart.

I did some quick addition so ther may be a minor mistake. I'm not double checking.

Worlds $36,225 purse. 144 players. 58 of 144 cashed. 40% paid.
BSF $19,114 purse. 76 players. 30 of 76 cashed. 40% paid.