Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Bag Suggestions & Feedback

View Poll Results: Which Axiom Driver to try: I have all MVP drivers...
Insanity 11 52.38%
Wrath 5 23.81%
Vanish 7 33.33%
Defy 3 14.29%
Tenacity 2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2018, 12:43 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 159
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,376 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
I've had a few good runs with the Signal but have only test thrown it, powers down great and might fill a stable mid/ trick slot too.

I was wondering what you voted for... I was thinking about something stable, my bag is missing an Eagle or Stalker tight S disc... the Wave is close but I'm not getting enough power on it right now. How severe is the fade on the Wrath?
I'm just an Insanity fanboi. It's a nice, workable, understable distance driver.

I like the Volt for a tight S, you might just have to find the right flavor of Volt for your power. The Servo is good too and easier to get up to speed. The fade on the Wrath isn't real harsh but it really resists turning. They're generally referred to as mellow Teslas and that seems ballpark.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 04-23-2018, 09:04 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 93 Times in 60 Posts

If you haven’t tried one yet, check out a clash. That was my favorite disc until I lost it. Similar flight to a star eagle, with a flatter top I found more comfortable for forehands.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-25-2018, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 5
Niced 160 Times in 118 Posts

I was looking on the MVP website... I should try my Switch again for a straight driver, when I bought it I was hoping it was less stable but it might fit in the bag now as a straight flyer according to the flight rating, my Relay OS sorta. I should try it again and stop badmouthing it for a week.

I used to use the Wave for that slot but it is just more proof I have lost power with the lack in legwork. On the plus side I have developed a smoother lid kind of understable throw.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Eagle Member

After some solid driver testing... results are the same.. I think my 170 Wave is about the upper limit of my throw. Octane and Volt are probably not going to happen, I will try the Volt again and the Switch against the servo. Likely my driver lineup is:

Still the Relay, I think double up on the Orbital take 155 for sure and 167 likely. One 155 inertia probably the fresh one.

It leaves me pretty redundant for anything downhill, still not sure about the stable slot I'm leaning toward the Photon in fission 143 as a trick and OH just because of the weight but it's disastrous as a BH disc for me I'm never sure about how much turn it will get. Signal I'm not sure about I think the Orbital is more familiar right now but I'm getting a seasoned Valkyrie flight so it's tempting.

Voting is strong for the vanish.. I will look for one about 160 ish I think. Maybe a 170 Relay
Old 04-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Eagle Member

Double tap...

Voting is strong for the vanish.. I will look for one about 160 ish I think. Maybe a 170 Relay or 166 plasma inertia
Old 04-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Eagle Member

Three post do I get a reward for my soliloquies?

So there's a thread about disc weights and obsessive worryin about it since I'm mildly obsessive I weighed my bag.. My Wave that I thought was heavy and having trouble get up to speed is a 159 my switch that I shelved is a 166 so is all three of my proton Envy's.... Seems to be a lucky weight.

The Switch is in the bag I researched the old thread and threw it all morning it does exactly what I want, easy tight s turnovers with a predictable late dump... my Eagle, lightly stable, Relay OS slot is filled. It used to be volt territory but I'm not quite getting it up to speed from a standstill throw.

Still looking for advice on filling out the bag and my axiom driver addition or two.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:05 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 68 Times in 51 Posts

still need a wrath. lol

but honestly... I still vote inspire. a bit on the heavier side... it will give you that call line you were after. or go to the insanity... it's just faster but do it in the low 160s
Old 04-30-2018, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentos View Post
still need a wrath. lol

but honestly... I still vote inspire. a bit on the heavier side... it will give you that call line you were after. or go to the insanity... it's just faster but do it in the low 160s
Thanks man, I was actually sort of seriously thinking about the Wrath at a light weight if I trip over one same with the inspire maybe I will look for a 170ish when my Relay wears in more. The Insanity sounds pretty cool too I have heard a few people say it's Roadrunner ish.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Eagle Member

The tournament is here! Thanks for the votes if I discount my vote it's a tie between the vanish and insanity I'm going to see what they have early... also going to keep an eye out for the new MJ Comet and the Matrix I swear I'm almost more fired up about the disc vendor then the actual playing haha My name is Mike, I'm a plastic whore.

I should have titled this noodle arm gyro bag... its setting up about the way I thought prime workhorses are:

Envy and Spin
Vertex
Relay, Switch, Orbital.

Backups: Comet, Inertia, heavier Orbital

Dumped the Photon, Atom and Whitler for now.. Not enough practice with them.

Thanks for the input!

Old 05-27-2018, 09:06 PM
Eagle Member

The poll is still going and I got neither haha...

Ran an all gyro bag got a sixth in open masters and an ace with a late addition Axis substitution for the Comet, shot well only regret is the six on 24....

Thanks guys!