Old 01-30-2015, 08:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Niced 63 Times in 38 Posts

I've never actually posted pictures of my bag or anything in them. Just took some, figured now is a good time to share.

In order left to right, top to bottom
(2x warden putting only)
(MS Warden/Glo Zone/750 M4/ Pro D Buzzz)
(G* teebird, JLTeebird3, opto XXX, CPD, PPD)
(MS Havoc, TP Giant, Elasto World)

(MS Warden, Glo Zone, 2x Blend Warden, 2x Opto XXX, 2x CPD)
(Z Buzzz, Glo Z Buzzz, Glo Z Buzzz OS, 750 M4, 2x [ms/deco]Havoc)
(DX Glow teebird, g* teebird, g* teebird3, Brinster Teebird, 2x giant[elasto/matte white], 2x world [elasto/VIP])
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Played 60 holes this weekend on some pretty long courses and the bag felt amazing.

I'm thinking about mandating that I stick with these molds at least through mid may. The bag setup feels really clean, I never feel myself missing a certain shot or a certain disc. The only thing I've considered is replacing the beat up teebirds with an understable disc in premium plastic.

Regardless, my bag feels very set. I've really enjoyed it. I've been able to take out some of the molds I have two of and carry a lighter bag but overall, everything in the bag is getting used and I've been enjoying the molds I have.

Distance
------------
Worlds came out a lot and were on point. I was getting really long clean drives with these. I think a good sign as far as disc selection is that I've noticed myself choosing PDs over these because the world is going too far. The glide and amount of turn/fade just makes these absolutely crush. Having the Elasto and VIP naturally have different stabilities makes this even more useful.
Giants were great for FH shots in the wind or that needed a big finish. My matte white dominated any wind and the Elasto is used for more flex shots.
Havocs weren't used very often but I did pure a few hyzer flips in the woods where no other disc in my bag would have hit the line I was able to hit with these!

Control/Fairway
---------------
PDs were probably my most thrown disc. I have a beefier CPD and a still beefy but more straight CPD and I threw both of them constantly and they handled the win well. I've really had a lot of success gauging distance with these since the glide/natural speed isn't as fast as a world/giant
XXX were perfect for hyzers under 350 or tight wooded flex shtos
Teebirds weren't really thrown except for a few short holes in the woods but they worked great when they came out

Mids/Putters
-----------------
BOS got a lot of action off the tee. Lately I've been using this for shots I want to throw hard and still have a little bit of late fade or BH hyzers in the woods.
Buzzz got a lot of tee time as well but also a lot of upshots.
M4 probably saw the least action out of anything in my bag (except the zone). It was a little windy and there weren't really that many holes that called for it. I used it for a few FH finesse anhyzer upshots.
Moonshine warden was money. Used it a lot off the tee and for most upshots. I've really been liking it for most of my approaches.
Zone has been getting a backseat in favor of the BOS lately. Sorry zone
Old 02-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Played the first event of the year. It was pretty windy at a hilly course, I found myself wanted a firebird at times since my giants were going too far and the xxx too short.

I'm also testing out a river today to replace the DX teebird until the G* teebirds get beat in enough.

Putting was good in the event, drives okay, upshots poor.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

175 TP Giant
175 Elasto World/175 VIP World
175 Decodye Havoc

175 CPD/175 SPD/175 GPD
175 Opto xxx/171 opto xxx

175 Brinster Teebird/175 G* Teebird 3/ 175 G* Teebird
167 Frost River

175 Glo BuzzzOS/175 Glo Z FLX Buzzz/175 Glo Z Buzzz
175 750 M4

175 Glo Z Zone/175 Pro D Zone
175 Moonshine Warden/175 Blend Warden/175 Blend Warden

Added the SPD and GPD back because I've been overthrowing things a little to often and I don't like forcing the teebirds out that far.

Adding a ProD zone because I need something short that fades but not like a Z Zone.

Added a frost river to replace the DX teebird, will need a little seasoning but it's already close since my DX teebird was fairly fresh.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Event 2 of the year in the books, looks like it's time for some discing down adventures.

I did okay, not great, I had 8 putts chain out or hit the cage

Ran with
1 Elasto World, 1 TP Giant, 1 Decodye Havoc, 1 MS Havoc
2x SPD, 2x JL PD, 1x Glow PD
1x Opto XXX, 1x Glow Champ teebird3, 1x Avery Teebird, 1x G* Teebird 3, 1x G* Teebird, 1x Frost River
1x Glo Buzzz OS, 1x Glo FLX LE Buzzz, 1x 750 M4
1x MS Warden, 1x Soft Warden, 2x Blend Warden, 1x Glo Z Zone

Bag felt good, putting was off, backhands kept coming out early.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

So...I'm wondering. Do you think I can replace some matte TP giants, elasto worlds, and VIP worlds with PD2s?

I know they make PD2s in a lot of plastics...I'm hoping I could use a C line to replace the beefy giants and some S lines in varying states of wear to replace the Worlds.

What I'd like to do is run

PD2
DD
PD
XXX
Teebird/River
Buzzz
Zone
Warden.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 80 Times in 48 Posts

From the PD2s I have throw, they were all super beefy. Much beefier than the worlds. I have never thrown a giant, so can't comment there. If you have the arm for it, there should be enough plastic and weight variations to get the desired effect.

Couple of questions, why not US control driver, and why no slightly OS mid? With your setup, I would expect to see a TD/sidewinder type disc for some specialty, and while I know buzzes come in lots of plastics and stability and zones are long, just seems like something is missing.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
From the PD2s I have throw, they were all super beefy. Much beefier than the worlds. I have never thrown a giant, so can't comment there. If you have the arm for it, there should be enough plastic and weight variations to get the desired effect.

Couple of questions, why not US control driver, and why no slightly OS mid? With your setup, I would expect to see a TD/sidewinder type disc for some specialty, and while I know buzzes come in lots of plastics and stability and zones are long, just seems like something is missing.

I was overly terse

I use a Buzzz OS, canned an ace with one last week!
I also used a crazy beat in moonshine havoc for my flippy control driver. I have a P-PD I'm looking to beat in as well. It's already pretty close, they come out of the box pretty flippy.

I currently use the giant as a meathook, not for distance drives. really tight wooded s-curves, huge skip shots etc.

The Elasto World I use a pretty OS but the VIP is more like a destroyer. I'm hoping a G* Pd2 would fit the bill?
Old 06-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 26
Niced 53 Times in 35 Posts

I throw PD2's across all lines of plastic and I could definitely see them being a replacement for both the Giant and World. Keep in mind that PD2's won't have as much glide or overall distance compared to the World, but for me, I like the feel of the smaller rim of the PD2 in my hands. Just more comfortable and controllable for me. I throw these BH ~420' (or more on a good rip).

I currently carry a super beefy C-Line and a P-Line in the bag, but if I really load up, I'll also carry a G-Line and a less stable C-Line. The C-Line in my bag is an absolute meathook and is impossible to turn over, so I carry it for those really windy days and big hyzer shots. The P-Line is my workhorse PD2. It's like an OS Destroyer; a bit of high speed turn and plenty of fade. I can turn it over if I really torque down on it, but generally, thrown straight and hard, it's going to give me a nice controllable flight. I'm working on beating it into a turnover, max distance driver, but it's taking me a while to do so. The Pro plastic these particular PD2's are in seem to be pretty resilient, almost like Star plastic.

To break down the stability of the PD2's I've thrown:

- Domey, stiff, bubbles in the rim, C-Line PD2's are the most OS variant. I believe these are 2nd runs. I've had the same one in my bag for a couple of years now and it's barely lost any of it's HSS and still finishes with a strong crashing fade if given some air; big flare skips if thrown flat and hard.

- Flat, more gummy C-Line PD2's are more forgiving than their domey and stiff counterparts, but are still HSS and finish strong. These can be thrown on an anny line and will hold the line longer but still will finish with a big consistent fade. You most likely won't be turning these over unless your name rhymes with Rhymin Fizzlot.

- I have a gummy, domey S-Line PD2 and it's my least favorite of the bunch. It's got more turn than I would've expected an S-Line to have, very little glide, and is extra sensitive to nose angles. It can also be turned over much more easily than my other PD2's. I dunno... it's probably just a freak, but it doesn't see much of any flying time unless I'm doing field work.

- G-Line PD2's were in my bag as the workhorse for a while, but I can get more distance from the P-Lines, so they were relegated. I still have a beat one that I'll throw in the bag if I'm carrying extras, but I prefer to throw the P-Lines.

- I grabbed a stack of the x-out P-Line PD2's from the DM store and these things are awesome. They're definitely the least overstable and most workable PD2's out of the box. Great glide, and as I mentioned before, they have a nice plastic that has a bit of tack and grip without being too floppy or soft. Mine gets thrown a lot and is seasoning perfectly. These are a bit more flat than the C- and G-Lines and they fly with a nice little bit of turn and a reliable, strong fade. I'm noticing that the fade is beating out a bit and it's developing a little more turn, but nothing crazy. Like I said earlier, like a beefy destroyer.

Hope this helps!

tl;dr = PD2's can definitely be used in various plastics to replace both the Giant and the World.

Old 06-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 26
Niced 53 Times in 35 Posts

I almost forgot about the Blizzard C-Lines...

These are awesome too, but are getting tougher to find in reasonable throwing weights. They're much more workable than the regular C-Lines, but still have good stability to them with that typical hard PD2 fade. I was throwing one for a while before I replaced it with the P-Line, but liked the direction it was going in in terms of seasoning in. I wasn't a huge fan of the weight (I think mine was a 158g) but it was more personal preference more than it had an impact on flight or stability. They're a good option for a more forgiving PD2.