Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 31 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
I have done this more or less without intending too. Most of pink discs are the most overstable, while my blue discs are less stable, and my orange discs the least stable (for the most part). Almost all the discs are the same molds, but different weights, plastics, and amount of wear. I can switch in and out for different courses or seasons.

Right now, I am using the orange and blue combo, but during tournament season, I use the blue and pinks. Windy days, I can switch to all pinks, all orange is the mountain setup, while all blue is the summer fun rounds. Pink and orange hardly ever mix.
Great idea with color coding, although I'm a fan of multiple colors for ease of selection from the bag. Your switching of discs based on mountainous or windy or summer rounds was exactly what I was going for. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-21-2018, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 74
Niced 64 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11rok View Post
Great idea with color coding, although I'm a fan of multiple colors for ease of selection from the bag. Your switching of discs based on mountainous or windy or summer rounds was exactly what I was going for. Thanks!
I alternate the discs, so it would be pink, blue, pink, blue, etc. This lets me know if I'm ever missing a disc. Two blues together mean I left one or lost one.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-21-2018, 06:39 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 25
Niced 336 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAce1978 View Post
I have a snow bag and a regular bag. Living in Michigan my regular bag has the discs all the lucky people down south get to play with year round. I occasionally add a Hydra putter if I play a water course, that seems like the only decent floating disc I have come across. My snow bag has ribbons, molds with grippier plastic and lighter weights. I also have more understable molds in the snow bag. Hopefully the snow bag stays in the closet for a good 9 months now.
#2 driver from Lighting is fine, though the disc if 170 grams or above will not float. Innova Wahoo floats too, as does the Rubber Putter a Lighting disc if under a certain weight. Also all Lighting discs are really cheep as the brand that now owns it is selling off the old stock to make room for them making the mold if the mold was popular enough in the first place, so 99% of the discs will be made.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 13
Niced 54 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
#2 driver from Lighting is fine, though the disc if 170 grams or above will not float. Innova Wahoo floats too, as does the Rubber Putter a Lighting disc if under a certain weight. Also all Lighting discs are really cheep as the brand that now owns it is selling off the old stock to make room for them making the mold if the mold was popular enough in the first place, so 99% of the discs will be made.
I haven't tried any Lightning discs, heard a rumor GGGT owns them now. I own both a Wahoo and a Dragon and both are so understable it is near impossible to rely on them. Most peeps on dgcr have had similar experiences with those discs. Thanks for the Lightning suggestion I might try a few out.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:27 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 25
Niced 336 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAce1978 View Post
I haven't tried any Lightning discs, heard a rumor GGGT owns them now. I own both a Wahoo and a Dragon and both are so understable it is near impossible to rely on them. Most peeps on dgcr have had similar experiences with those discs. Thanks for the Lightning suggestion I might try a few out.
#2 driver flies like an XL bit a tad slower and more glide, so they get about the same distance. Hope the newer DuPont makes the #2 Driver more durable, the old plastic I had mine in the disc was not durable before my heavier 172 gram disc sank in water after 15 minutes. The Rubber Putter also Floats too and is not as popular as the #2 driver, also makes for a great approach/long putt disc too. Other brands like Auqaflight make all of there basic plastic discs to float in water, it looks like the brand is on Infinite discs.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 84
Niced 295 Times in 189 Posts

Hm. I only have my regular bag, and a condensed version for 'it's way to hot to carry 23 discs' bag.