Old 01-15-2022, 05:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Niced 721 Times in 428 Posts

yes!!! Stingrays are the secret to enjoying the game. sorry I can't help you with your supply chain issue, though
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2022, 07:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 790
Niced 4,095 Times in 2,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
If you ever get frustrated with disc golf (as I often do . . . ) just throw dx stingrays until the frustration eases. DX stingrays are the secret to fun. DX stingrays don't exist so you can rule the world, they exist just to make you smile. They're a better mousetrap.

Ok, why this post?

I usually just go to an online vendor and buy how ever many dx stingrays I need to get free shipping because it's a choice. .. . . . I have money . . .. . it's not a big deal ($50 or so . . .) and a week or so I have more dx stingrays.

Um . .. .. . . . .. so based upon 10min or so of an old guy looking to spend money there aren't any . . .. anywhere . . . . . where my Stingrays at?

FYI you can suggest any/all molds/plastic/manufacturer but I'm not trying to replace dx stingrays, I'm just trying to find them on an e-tailer's shelf . . .. and if they're not there, hope someone knows when they'll arrive.

(I have lots of them stashed in lots of places and can make the wakening without much of an issue . . . .I just like to get another 5 or 10 for the flock every once in a while and exhale. . . . )
did you check walmart
Old 01-15-2022, 07:31 PM
Banned

Niced 508 Times in 362 Posts

I don't think any Stingrays have been made last year, I have checked myself off and on for much of the year. I would really love a stiffer Champ though I know those haven't been made in forever.

My guess and only a guess is that the mold is retired and now the Manta is suppose to replace it. I had a Star Manta to try out and it was actually a bit beefy. Like 5/3/0/2. Not what I wanted from the flight. Maybe DX Manta? I looked and found some of those in lighter weights, nothing 175 and up. I'm not huge on DX though either, I like my discs to be bagged for years.

Last edited by oldmandiscer; 01-15-2022 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
did you check walmart
Walmarts have quit carrying Innova since the pandemic, not sure about all of them. I checked a few and nothing.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-15-2022, 07:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Walmarts have quit carrying Innova since the pandemic, not sure about all of them. I checked a few and nothing.
oh for real

wow i did not know that
Old 01-15-2022, 07:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 328 Times in 185 Posts

Guessing the mold is retired. Haven't seen any recently.

Mantas are pretty stable, even dxs, but they do beat in to mellow gold.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
oh for real

wow i did not know that
Innova couldn't keep up with demand at that time like we all know, so maybe their deal with Walmart wasn't a good one so they cut them out. If it was the least profitable it would make sense to dump them and focus on disc golf retailers.

Old 01-15-2022, 07:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatflip View Post
Guessing the mold is retired. Haven't seen any recently.

Mantas are pretty stable, even dxs, but they do beat in to mellow gold.
marked as still in production on innova web site

Old 01-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
marked as still in production on innova web site
Yeah I don't know what to think. Rhynos have also been hard to find and maybe not produced recently, for a year? I got an F2 Champ from Innova 6 months ago but it was a San Marino so old stock. I ordered a Champ SW and it was also old stock, has Patent Numbers. Whats weird too is that no Rhynos have been made and none were available on Innovas site, then a Champ shows up from old stock and they put it on the website. Like do they have some old dusty room with old discs in it? Seems strange. Not complaining. Just odd how some 5+ year old discs show up out of no where.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 122 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
.Um . .. .. . . . .. so based upon 10min or so of an old guy looking to spend money there aren't any . . .. anywhere . . . . . where my Stingrays at?

FYI you can suggest any/all molds/plastic/manufacturer but I'm not trying to replace dx stingrays, I'm just trying to find them on an e-tailer's shelf . . .. and if they're not there, hope someone knows when they'll arrive.

(I have lots of them stashed in lots of places and can make the wakening without much of an issue . . . .I just like to get another 5 or 10 for the flock every once in a while and exhale. . . . )
Birdie Disc golf has some custom DX James Proctor Gorilla stamps for 15 dollars a pop https://birdiediscgolfsupply.com/pro...a5b9a2c1&_ss=r

I share your love for the Stingray though and would love to see another stock run