Old 01-08-2022, 08:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 201 Times in 114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Caiman's pretty close, not quite a beadless gator. I was referring to the Mortar actually.
There are some runs of actual gators that were beadless as well. I had a star way back in the day. I couldn’t tell you how to identify them or find them though.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-16-2022, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.2
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,436 Times in 611 Posts

A few years ago these would have been mine, but I have enough backups. DiscGolfCenter has some Sirius OLFs, all around 151g. So if you like 'em light, go get 'em. Looks like there are 9 and they're all cream... so dyer's delight? Unfortunately, I can't tell what run they are.

https://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_...p=150&PPQT1=66

If someone could do a nebula kind of dye on one I might just get one.

Last edited by Jimb; 01-16-2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:44 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 320 Times in 179 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
A few years ago these would have been mine, but I have enough backups. DiscGolfCenter has some Sirius OLFs, all around 151g. So if you like 'em light, go get 'em. Looks like there are 9 and they're all cream... so dyer's delight? Unfortunately, I can't tell what run they are.

https://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_...p=150&PPQT1=66

If someone could do a nebula kind of dye on one I might just get one.
Marshall Street has some, too. Guessing someone found a box of old stock. The ones I got from MS were zippertop SOFs.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:33 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

I recently picked up a beat up 1.3 MOLF based on all the love I see on this forum for the OLF, and its looking like it will kick my Undertaker out of the bag. The S flight while retaining some bite at low speed is really clicking with my throwing style.

Im planning on picking up a new 1.4 MOLF to see about cycling them, but also want to get an SOLF as a bookend- I dont think Quantum will be workable enough for my humbler arm speed. It looks like the run options across online retailers are 1.6, 1.4, and very light 1.1.

I was thinking mid to low 160s 1.6 SOLF would be an economical choice to dive in, but should I consider one of the older runs? Am I too quick to dismiss a 160s QOLF? For reference, Im throwing fairways maybe 330.
Old 02-07-2022, 10:25 PM
Banned

Niced 508 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriens95 View Post
I recently picked up a beat up 1.3 MOLF based on all the love I see on this forum for the OLF, and its looking like it will kick my Undertaker out of the bag. The S flight while retaining some bite at low speed is really clicking with my throwing style.

Im planning on picking up a new 1.4 MOLF to see about cycling them, but also want to get an SOLF as a bookend- I dont think Quantum will be workable enough for my humbler arm speed. It looks like the run options across online retailers are 1.6, 1.4, and very light 1.1.

I was thinking mid to low 160s 1.6 SOLF would be an economical choice to dive in, but should I consider one of the older runs? Am I too quick to dismiss a 160s QOLF? For reference, Im throwing fairways maybe 330.
I got all three new last year, QOLF, SOLF and MOLF. Not sure on the lighter ones, but the 175 QOLF I bought last summer is very close to a FB in stability.

All three had the newer stamps, I'm not sure the run number was listed on those or not. I'd have to look.

The MOLF and SOLF I think were similar in stability but the MOLF beat in much quicker. It's like -2/2 now. SOLF is still like -.5/2.5. QOLF is like 0/3.

Old 02-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 32 Times in 22 Posts

Quote:

In my experience the SOLF's aren't too far off from the stability of the MOLF's. So if you're wanting a booked you should go with a QOLF.

My OLF's by stability go seasoned 1.3 SOLF, fresh 1.3 MOLF, and 1.4 QOLF.

Old 02-08-2022, 04:25 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
In my experience the SOLF's aren't too far off from the stability of the MOLF's. So if you're wanting a booked you should go with a QOLF.

My OLF's by stability go seasoned 1.3 SOLF, fresh 1.3 MOLF, and 1.4 QOLF.
I think this makes sense: Id just add a new MOLF to the cycle as needed and go QOLF - fresher MOLF - flippy MOLF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
I got all three new last year, QOLF, SOLF and MOLF. Not sure on the lighter ones, but the 175 QOLF I bought last summer is very close to a FB in stability.
My hesitation is that it seems like new QOLFs fly pretty overstable and might overlap with a Firebird.
Old 02-08-2022, 04:41 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 32 Times in 22 Posts

If you get a mid 160's I don't think so. I throw about 330 and I still bag a 171 1.4 QOLF. After about 6 months I'm getting pretty good distance with it. Where as my Draco's don't go past 275. I used to not throw it as much, but it's broken in a little bit and I'm really starting to love it.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 157 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
I recently picked up a beat up 1.3 MOLF based on all the love I see on this forum for the OLF, and it’s looking like it will kick my Undertaker out of the bag. The S flight while retaining some bite at low speed is really clicking with my throwing style.

I’m planning on picking up a new 1.4 MOLF to see about cycling them, but also want to get an SOLF as a bookend- I don’t think Quantum will be workable enough for my humbler arm speed. It looks like the run options across online retailers are 1.6, 1.4, and very light 1.1.

I was thinking mid to low 160s 1.6 SOLF would be an economical choice to dive in, but should I consider one of the older runs? Am I too quick to dismiss a 160s QOLF? For reference, I’m throwing fairways maybe 330’.
I'd say the SOLF and MOLF start near the same stability so your cycle of MOLF could eventually transition to a cycle of SOLF. The weight does make a difference for all OLFs so maybe a cycle of MOLF/SOLF with a single heavier one would be enough stability for a bookend OS one.

Haven't thrown any lighter QOLFs but maybe certain runs would be appropriate. 1.4/1.5 were pretty OS & domey. 1.6 had some pretty flat ones that fly a bit like longer TeeBird3s.

Last edited by @CD-; 02-08-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:23 PM
Bogey Member

I was able to pick up a lightly used 1.2 SOLF in a local trade, so Ill be giving that a run at my bookend slot. Ill decide later on whether I want a MOLF or SOLF cycle.