#21  
Old 01-19-2022, 12:54 PM
sisyphus's Avatar
sisyphus sisyphus is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Porkopolis
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 361
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,638
Niced 752 Times in 272 Posts
Default

Not trying to derail the thread further, but rather to encourage folks to reach out and continue to make DGCR the most useful and informative site in the DG world...

I feel a little guilty about doing this, but having noted the lack of course designer info for several of the neglected little niners around Cincinnati, I asked many of my local acquaintances, and nobody knew for sure who designed, installed, or was even involved in some of them, so I entered the course designer here as Alan Smithee.

It finally caught the attention of friend and local legend Pete Caldwell, who asked me to make several corrections. I gladly put in the info he provided.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-19-2022, 01:06 PM
Luckj Luckj is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Cincy
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 104
Niced 134 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus View Post
Not trying to derail the thread further, but rather to encourage folks to reach out and continue to make DGCR the most useful and informative site in the DG world...

I feel a little guilty about doing this, but having noted the lack of course designer info for several of the neglected little niners around Cincinnati, I asked many of my local acquaintances, and nobody knew for sure who designed, installed, or was even involved in some of them, so I entered the course designer here as Alan Smithee.

It finally caught the attention of friend and local legend Pete Caldwell, who asked me to make several corrections. I gladly put in the info he provided.
That reminds me, Craig Getty installed one in the Cincy area in Batesville, Indiana so he's done 12 courses across 3 states. 8 of them are nearly 4/5 or above, so he's likely one that would be worth adding to the database.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-19-2022, 03:24 PM
johnrhouck johnrhouck is offline
.:Master Course Designer:.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin TX
Years Playing: 46.1
Posts: 686
Niced 511 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Houck only has designs in six states? That’s surprising
Actually, the number of states is at least 21, and 5 Canadian provinces. Plus a few states where I've just consulted.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-20-2022, 04:21 PM
johnrhouck johnrhouck is offline
.:Master Course Designer:.
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin TX
Years Playing: 46.1
Posts: 686
Niced 511 Times in 113 Posts
Default

Forgive me. It's four provinces. Hope be starting in #5, and maybe more in 2022.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-20-2022, 11:38 PM
BionicRib's Avatar
BionicRib BionicRib is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Years Playing: 22.1
Courses Played: 194
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,451
Niced 180 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Remember these stats only include a designer's top 10 rated courses. Houck has certainly designed courses in more than 6 states.
Ahhh I misread that.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-21-2022, 02:15 AM
NDABRUSH NDABRUSH is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In a charriot of fire
Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 58
Posts: 1,830
Niced 345 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicRib View Post
Houck only has designs in six states? That’s surprising


Don't worry, saying that Houck has only designed in 6 different states isn't as bad as the dude that said that John had never played Disc golf before. That was the one that had me spewing coke classic at my laptop. And let's not forget that John Houck has actually designed courses on other planets.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-21-2022, 03:01 AM
wolfhaley's Avatar
wolfhaley wolfhaley is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WI
Years Playing: 18.1
Courses Played: 672
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,634
Niced 3,777 Times in 1,601 Posts
Default

Don Hoffman designs a damn good course. I had a hard time finding a complete list of his designed courses, but it appears I've played at least 23 of them. Being from WI, possibly (probably) more.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-21-2022, 06:36 AM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 33.2
Courses Played: 743
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,803
Niced 4,217 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
Don't worry, saying that Houck has only designed in 6 different states isn't as bad as the dude that said that John had never played Disc golf before. That was the one that had me spewing coke classic at my laptop. And let's not forget that John Houck has actually designed courses on other planets.
It's true Houck has never played a rated round before.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-21-2022, 06:37 AM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 33.2
Courses Played: 743
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 13,803
Niced 4,217 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Don Hoffman designs a damn good course. I had a hard time finding a complete list of his designed courses, but it appears I've played at least 23 of them. Being from WI, possibly (probably) more.
He's listed 10th on the table in my opening post.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #30  
Old 01-21-2022, 08:39 AM
Mando's Avatar
Mando Mando is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 116
Posts: 2,087
Niced 527 Times in 226 Posts
Default

I know it would be alot more work, but it would be interesting to see the average course rating for each designer's entire catalog of courses...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question for the Designers PBokor Course Design 15 11-09-2016 10:10 PM
Fellow graphic designers Uncle Dougie General Disc Golf Chat 17 08-04-2011 02:11 PM
A Course Designers rant hendersondayton Course Design 44 03-21-2011 01:20 PM
Course Designers gottafixit Disc Golf Courses 1 03-12-2009 05:55 PM
Course Designers timg DGCR Announcements & News 11 02-06-2009 02:52 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.