Old 05-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Doesn't matter whose fault. It sucks. Some people needed the boost from this tourney to register for USADGC. Now they can't. It's going to be nearly 3 months after the tourney before the ratings are reflected. (July 2nd update) If it's known this could be an issue, then a way around it should be thought of up front. (pay the fee, and have county reimburse maybe?)

This is the biggest am tourney of the year (possibly next to worlds) and for it to not be official in ratings for 3 months is ridiculous, no matter the reason.
Exactly. There's no excuse for that results submission to miss the deadline
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake911 View Post
Doesn't matter whose fault. It sucks. Some people needed the boost from this tourney to register for USADGC. Now they can't. It's going to be nearly 3 months after the tourney before the ratings are reflected. (July 2nd update) If it's known this could be an issue, then a way around it should be thought of up front. (pay the fee, and have county reimburse maybe?)

This is the biggest am tourney of the year (possibly next to worlds) and for it to not be official in ratings for 3 months is ridiculous, no matter the reason.
Yea take it out of the entry fees so then all the players can bitch about that. Any other tournament would be glad if the PDGA fees were payed by tourism. HB cant win with some people and if you need this tournament for a boost to register for USADGC then you dont deserve to play USADGC.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM

Courses Played: 74
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB553 View Post
The PDGA player fee is paid by the local tourism after the event, and this takes lots of time due to board, city, and county approvals for that $2500 grant. Should be done by next ratings . . . .
This is false. The city and county governments are not involved. We just got a grant from the same tourism board for our event this weekend. We filled out the application and picked up the check a couple days later. This process can be done way before the event ever happens. Plus when you bring in over $40,000 in entry fees one would think $2,600 in pdga fees wouldn't be a problem.

The PDGA tour standards require that the TD report and all financials be turned in within 48 hours. So there is no excuse!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 126
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 260 Times in 167 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_

I read the other day that the world was ending.

I thought, pssh, yeah, just another one of those things.

Now Shawn Sinclair is posting on DGCR?

Proof!

Now where did I put my bomb shelter....
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are lots of ways this could have been avoided and it's ridiculous, regardless of whether or not you wanted your rating updated as quickly as others.

If the issue is the $2500, then $2500 could have been set aside from the onset and the budget set for the tournament and player's pack and all other expenses set afterward. The fact is that this has a negative impact on hundreds of players' experience and was completely avoidable.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolfington View Post
There are lots of ways this could have been avoided and it's ridiculous, regardless of whether or not you wanted your rating updated as quickly as others.

If the issue is the $2500, then $2500 could have been set aside from the onset and the budget set for the tournament and player's pack and all other expenses set afterward. The fact is that this has a negative impact on hundreds of players' experience and was completely avoidable.
you can run the ams next year since you know exactly how it needs to be done
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 126
Niced 260 Times in 167 Posts
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_

Not submitting a td report because a TD is waiting on funds is inexcusable. The player pays those fees and the TD should budget those out in advance of the event.

If a sponsor is willing to cover those fees this still doesn't change any budgeting for the event. That is basic accounting.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 98
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Seems everyone I knew that went the year HB didn't run it said that was the best year. 2010 I believe was the year everyone said was the best. Seemed to get worse every year, only thing that made tourney worth while was meeting so many golfers from all over. This seems so far off we all know someone made a killing off this tourney so how come the funds havent been paid for the PDGA?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 PM
*Reform School Scholar*

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 54
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lol. At all of this.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 97