Old 08-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

I like the C-PD, Predator, and Firebird as options. You can sometimes find a Striker that is OS enough but don't count on that being normal. Trident and XXX work good for me to have as utilities if the C-PD and striker aren't enough.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Max weight Champ 12x Teebird
Old 08-08-2013, 01:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 180 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Max weight Champ 12x Teebird
That isn't OS enough for what the OP wants, even a Brinster Tee wouldn't be enough.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
That isn't OS enough for what the OP wants, even a Brinster Tee wouldn't be enough.
He said that opto air saints are straight with fade for him. that tells me that he doesnt have the longest arm (or he has a weird saint), as those are flippy for arms over 350' from my experience. he is also considering a stag, which i would not consider overstable and is more along the lines of a 8/6/-1/3 in max weight vip. giving this criteria, the champ max weight 12x tbird would be plenty for him. just my opinion i guess
Old 08-08-2013, 01:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 76
Niced 180 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
He said that opto air saints are straight with fade for him. that tells me that he doesnt have the longest arm (or he has a weird saint), as those are flippy for arms over 350' from my experience. he is also considering a stag, which i would not consider overstable and is more along the lines of a 8/6/-1/3 in max weight vip. giving this criteria, the champ max weight 12x tbird would be plenty for him. just my opinion i guess
In my experience discs in opto air & blizzard type plastics are very inconsistent when it comes to dome, PLH ect. (even from the "oh so consistent" Lat64) This tells us that we can't assume anything from his experience with the Opto Air Saint. Also Lat 64, Westside & DD don't have very accurate flight ratings. And in general flight ratings don't mean much anyway from any manufacturer. And IMO the OP should have a natural/real OS disc not just a disc that acts overstable b/c of his lack of distance/power which makes a disc overstable. Just my opinion though
Old 08-08-2013, 02:00 PM

Courses Played: 42
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
In my experience discs in opto air & blizzard type plastics are very inconsistent when it comes to dome, PLH ect. (even from the "oh so consistent" Lat64) This tells us that we can't assume anything from his experience with the Opto Air Saint. Also Lat 64, Westside & DD don't have very accurate flight ratings. And in general flight ratings don't mean much anyway from any manufacturer. And IMO the OP should have a natural/real OS disc not just a disc that acts overstable b/c of his lack of distance/power which makes a disc overstable. Just my opinion though
So my Saint does turn over a bit if I give it the berries, I'd say I max it out at a little over 300'...but yeah I agree with the assessment that a Teebird wouldn't be stable enough...I would think it would be too similar to my Saint and Volt.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 89
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just got a 172g VIP Stag and a 166g GL XXX. The Stag I'm not so sure about yet as I haven't seen much more stability than a saint. The XXX on the other hand is amazing. It's very overstable, ignores wind, and is light enough to be very workable. You won't as much distance as some discs but at the very least it will be a great utility driver.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If you can find a slightly domey GL xXx they are money. I carry three xXx's, two domey, one of which is getting beat-in nicely, one that is still new, and I also carry a flat-top GL xXx that I can only use for thumber's because it is crazy OS. The domey ones are more workable then the flat-tops and if you can find it at around 170 they are awesome, they will fly flat for a bit then hook. The same is true for Firebirds as well, great discs, you just have to find the right ones.

I love the Stag, and I carry 3, but they are not OS at all. They will fly straight to slight fade, and will fight out of a slight anny, you can also throw them low and laser-beam straight, but if you get a TP that gets worked it becomes flippy. The Stag is my main fairway I love the glide, but it does not handle strong winds at all.

Pred's are fun, but they just didn't find a spot in my bag, they just seemed a little too slow for what I wanted.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 25
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

well, since you like the volt, the shock would be the obvious pairing. If you want to try something new, a champ banshee could fit the bill.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:40 PM

Courses Played: 42
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusjus View Post
I just got a 172g VIP Stag and a 166g GL XXX. The Stag I'm not so sure about yet as I haven't seen much more stability than a saint. The XXX on the other hand is amazing. It's very overstable, ignores wind, and is light enough to be very workable. You won't as much distance as some discs but at the very least it will be a great utility driver.
Yeah, based off the responses I'm thinking a Stag probably isn't beefy enough for what I'm looking for. Based on your feedback the XXX sounds intriguing though...when I first pulled it up on inFlight, I was concerned that it would too much of a meathook for me.