Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 59 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
What has he done to deserve the promotion to Star Team? I have a feeling he got a ton of support from his Tour Series disc. People went nuts for his TBs when the older KC Pro stamp was tweaked for him.
What has he done or what have they done? Thant could be asked about several of the Star Team players. Which are all great players. Nybo made it public that he asked Innova for a bump up to the Star Team so that he could have the funding to come over to the US more to compete more. He was denied, but was given the tour series disc like I said helps, but isn't enough. When Nybo asked for that bump 2-3 years ago he was always competing on most of the lead cards. The guy is what...a 10x-11x Danish champion. I think he was deserving at that time.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 645 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
Nybo has fallen over the last 2 years. Mostly I think it's because he doesn't get the support that he needs from innova.

Nybo made it public that he asked Innova for a bump up to the Star Team so that he could have the funding to come over to the US more to compete more. He was denied, but was given the tour series disc like I said helps, but isn't enough. When Nybo asked for that bump 2-3 years ago he was always competing on most of the lead cards. The guy is what...a 10x-11x Danish champion. I think he was deserving at that time.
KJ trying to pressure Innova via public doesn't seem inline with anything else I've seen and heard from him. Also, these contracts are seemingly always 1 or 2 year deals at the max. So if he asked for a bump 2-3 years ago he would've had a chance to leave Innova if he felt like he wasn't being treated adequately. I disagree strongly that Innova is the reason his performance has dipped the past 2 years. Age and tour burnout seem to be more of a factor.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
KJ trying to pressure Innova via public doesn't seem inline with anything else I've seen and heard from him. Also, these contracts are seemingly always 1 or 2 year deals at the max. So if he asked for a bump 2-3 years ago he would've had a chance to leave Innova if he felt like he wasn't being treated adequately. I disagree strongly that Innova is the reason his performance has dipped the past 2 years. Age and tour burnout seem to be more of a factor.
I'll eat my words for blaming Innova on the performance dip. Age and tour burnout I can see, but I think he's also been staying close to home to support himself and family.

How's the Dubuque courses looking? Down in I.C. all our courses are flooded.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2018, 12:28 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,243 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
it was gift wrapped for him by JohnE and McBeth
Can't argue this.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 105
Niced 645 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
I'll eat my words for blaming Innova on the performance dip. Age and tour burnout I can see, but I think he's also been staying close to home to support himself and family.

How's the Dubuque courses looking? Down in I.C. all our courses are flooded.
Luckily for us, there is never any standing water at Vet's Memorial and the creek is never really deep enough to lose a disc either. While it may be a bit slick and muddy, it's definitely playable. There is a new 9 hole designed by McCabe that is solid and is more than playable still as well. Let me know if you are ever around.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTooLong View Post
Luckily for us, there is never any standing water at Vet's Memorial and the creek is never really deep enough to lose a disc either. While it may be a bit slick and muddy, it's definitely playable. There is a new 9 hole designed by McCabe that is solid and is more than playable still as well. Let me know if you are ever around.
My wife is from Dubuque so we come up every couple of months. I've been meaning to go to the Peosta course that McCabe designed. I'll get in touch next time I come up!

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,474 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
What has he done or what have they done? Thant could be asked about several of the Star Team players. Which are all great players. Nybo made it public that he asked Innova for a bump up to the Star Team so that he could have the funding to come over to the US more to compete more. He was denied, but was given the tour series disc like I said helps, but isn't enough. When Nybo asked for that bump 2-3 years ago he was always competing on most of the lead cards. The guy is what...a 10x-11x Danish champion. I think he was deserving at that time.
Did he win those championships with Innova plastic? Wasn't he sponsored by Discmania for a long time before moving to Innova? Innova doesn't appear to celebrate titles won with another company's plastic like some of the other manufacturers.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,624 Times in 1,939 Posts

Quote:
Did he win those championships with Innova plastic? Wasn't he sponsored by Discmania for a long time before moving to Innova? Innova doesn't appear to celebrate titles won with another company's plastic like some of the other manufacturers.
You mean EMac wasn't throwing Truths when he won Worlds?
Old 10-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
You mean EMac wasn't throwing Truths when he won Worlds?
What!?!?!?! How did I not know this!!!!

Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Pretty sure he was sponsored by innova for many of those wins.