Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-31-2018, 10:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 368 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Hipster Teebird? Na. I tried like 6 different ones and couldn't tell where any of them were going to land. OrionLF is the one true "control driver" (hate that term).
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
hipster tb homie wtf when those things came out it was like jesus risen around these parts just about everyone on dgcr was throwing the pd and no one in real life (that wasnt also on dgcr) hahahaha

i have a zippertop red olf somewhere those discs ruled too except finding different runs didnt rule so i stopped throwing innova/discmania/mill altogether
So skip on the PD? If you read through PD thread or any of the favorite disc from each manufacturer threads, it did seem like JC Risen type praise ... maybe people just say PD because that's what they know of Discmania…. Almost picked one up a couple weeks ago because of all the DGCR comments.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2018, 11:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 528 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
There are no speed 3 putters. They are just slow mids.
I knew it was a fast "putter"-ish but its described as being like a Harp or Zone. Two discs that get the same thought they are not really putters or too long to be a putter.

The Rat is like a seasoned Envy. Which should be a great disc, but I can't find a place for it, and that it is so far away from what is advertised.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,231 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
So skip on the PD? If you read through PD thread or any of the favorite disc from each manufacturer threads, it did seem like JC Risen type praise ... maybe people just say PD because that's what they know of Discmania…. Almost picked one up a couple weeks ago because of all the DGCR comments.
i liked the pd i just like the volt moar

like all great things with innova/dm it varies on the run

pd is great so is the fd

i havent thrown pd since the "freak" stamp so i have no clue how the current ones mold up or any of the new runs variance in stability

Niced: (1)
Old 10-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 41
Niced 769 Times in 437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
I'm mostly just teasing. Countless players swear by them. Get off my lawn

Old 11-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 59 Times in 43 Posts

Probably gonna get ripped for this but the DD Getaway and I did not get along. I had a Biofuzion and a Fuzion that were meathooks! I don't consider myself a weak arm by no means, but the 2 I had wanted to find the ground fast! For now I'll stick to my Saint Pro.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 562 Times in 363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
Probably gonna get ripped for this but the DD Getaway and I did not get along. I had a Biofuzion and a Fuzion that were meathooks! I don't consider myself a weak arm by no means, but the 2 I had wanted to find the ground fast! For now I'll stick to my Saint Pro.
so even the bio was a meathook, huh? I was thinking of checking these out to replace the culverin as a more-stable escape. It seemed that even with my weak arm, Culverins could get away from me with any wind around. Probably a true slightly more stable escape, glide and all, but I might rather go a click higher.

Bio Getaway 170s
Moonshine Escape 170s
Fuz Escape 170s
Opto Hatchet 168ish

That could be a thing during the cold season, or beginning of next season, to get my feet back under me before the distance drivers come out.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
so even the bio was a meathook, huh? I was thinking of checking these out to replace the culverin as a more-stable escape. It seemed that even with my weak arm, Culverins could get away from me with any wind around. Probably a true slightly more stable escape, glide and all, but I might rather go a click higher.

Bio Getaway 170s
Moonshine Escape 170s
Fuz Escape 170s
Opto Hatchet 168ish

That could be a thing during the cold season, or beginning of next season, to get my feet back under me before the distance drivers come out.
I gave the disc a fair chance, it was in my bag for most of the season. Even after some ware the Getaway was just not for me. We got along good on a FH basis, but my Wraiths and Firebirds had those shots covered.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 791 Times in 616 Posts

I'm playing tomorrow, and I'll be throwing a Getaway (fuzion) for the first time. I'll post a synopsis of the disc afterward. Just looking at the thing it seems Thunderbird-ish.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I'm playing tomorrow, and I'll be throwing a Getaway (fuzion) for the first time. I'll post a synopsis of the disc afterward. Just looking at the thing it seems Thunderbird-ish.
I would definitely say Thunderbird-ish. Hopefully your experience is better than mine.

Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 9
Niced 45 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxebrew View Post
Magnet, felt great in my hand. I hate that putter. I wasted two rounds trying to make it work for me, nope.

Me 2. I wanted a Discraft equivalent to my Wizard. It was a dumb idea. There is no equivalent to a Wizards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk