Old 11-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey B.O.B. View Post
The two things I hope come from this scenario:

. The Wasp gets the attention it deserves and is offered in other plastic variations.
. Maybe a couple of the excellent OOP molds are re-released. I'm thinking specifically of the Reaper as THE ONLY Firebird comparison...IMO
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 45 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcloutier View Post
The two things I hope come from this scenario:

. The Wasp gets the attention it deserves and is offered in other plastic variations.
. Maybe a couple of the excellent OOP molds are re-released. I'm thinking specifically of the Reaper as THE ONLY Firebird comparison...IMO
I agree with your second point. I bag the Predator AND the Firebird. Very different discs for very different shots. If there was a Discraft version of the FB, I would def check it out.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,310 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_smith View Post
I agree with your second point. I bag the Predator AND the Firebird. Very different discs for very different shots. If there was a Discraft version of the FB, I would def check it out.
That's weird, honestly. I mean, who would bag a firebird and an fd3? Similar comparison. Unless you're talking about a sexton firebird, which a flat predator will be more overstable.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 24
Niced 775 Times in 325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
That's weird, honestly. I mean, who would bag a firebird and an fd3? Similar comparison. Unless you're talking about a sexton firebird, which a flat predator will be more overstable.
I bag a sexybird and 2 FD3s. (s-line and luster). They are all very different from each other but feel similar in the hand.

Sexton is great for flex forehands that you want to move more laterally and still have a good skip. S-Line is great for OS duties and thumbers. Luster is great for straight to fade shots.

I throw PD2s for the super OS lines and don't need a FAF FB. I don't have the arm for it anyway so the PD2 is easier to get distance on.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,637 Times in 1,943 Posts

Thrashers -

I'm thinking of adding a pair of Thrashers to the bag as wide open, max D drivers. I want one a little more on the US end of the spectrum and one on the more OS. What should I be looking for?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:50 PM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts

My only real reservation with the Predator is the feel. I know a lot of people complain about its feel for sidearm but I cant even stand the feel backhand. If you come across a Z flex Pred then you will find a disc similar in flight to a Firebird but its still feels like crap. However, the O.O.P. Reaper has a similar wing profile with almost the exact same stability and consistent dumpy fade. If DC doesn't reproduce it then I hope DGA will under a different name of course.

Just my two cents....

Niced: (1)
Old 11-21-2018, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,409 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Thrashers -

I'm thinking of adding a pair of Thrashers to the bag as wide open, max D drivers. I want one a little more on the US end of the spectrum and one on the more OS. What should I be looking for?
My swirly Glo ESP signature Thrasher is flat topped and flies sorta like a Destroyer. Flies straighter and longer with about the same fade as the couple of worn Champ Destroyers I have.

I don't have a cannon for a arm, but these swirl Glo ESP fly more stable than the numbers suggest...at least with my N of 1.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1,116 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
My swirly Glo ESP signature Thrasher is flat topped and flies sorta like a Destroyer. Flies straighter and longer with about the same fade as the couple of worn Champ Destroyers I have.

I don't have a cannon for a arm, but these swirl Glo ESP fly more stable than the numbers suggest...at least with my N of 1.
I picked up one of the sig swirl glo ESP used and it sounds just like yours, the plastic is very firm also. Definitely more stable than the Big Z and Ledgestone ESP that I've thrown.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Niced 4,637 Times in 1,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post

Thanks! So probably a Big Z and Swirly Glo ESP would be a good combo

Old 11-21-2018, 05:32 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,366 Times in 1,725 Posts

Quote:
Thrashers -

Quote:
Thanks! So probably a Big Z and Swirly Glo ESP would be a good combo
Sounds good. A heavier Valarie Jenkins sig Thrasher paired with a lighter Z Thrasher might do ya, also.