Old 01-15-2019, 04:20 PM

Niced 19 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgreen View Post
Highbridge doesn’t need a new name.

It needs to be mowed regularly. It needs clean and reliably reservable accommodations. It needs to be cleaned up and it needs a bit of regular maintenance. It is a disc golf course destination. Take care of these things and it will succeed. Prioritize other things ahead of these things and it won’t go well.

When I hear talk about these things getting done and a commitment to these things getting done then I will get excited.

New name, Chief Security Officer, Pro Team. Great? Maybe? I’m more interested in the hearing about the basics getting taken care of.
No one ever proposed changing the name should take priority over anything. What are you going on about?

We are just having a discussion about dreams. At this point, your dream of seeing HBH mowed, cleaned, maintained, is just as fun to dream about as a rebrand. It's fun speculation. We all want it to get turned around. I don't think anyone in this thread is going to disagree with that hot take of yours.

However, if indeed the huge amount sweat/blood/tears actually does come to fruition, the people who did it will probably feel they've earned the right to put a new name on this NEW thing that they have built. Maybe i'm just thinking bigger scale. I hope MM plans to do more than just mow and pick up the trash. Because at the end of the day, it takes a lot of people to operate something as big as HBH at it's full potential. And at that scale, it would have become something HBH has never been.

I do think keeping "Highbridge" in the name is smart though, as I mentioned. But I think it comes down to how bold you are and what you can accomplish. I don't care what HBH has been in the past. I care about what it can be in the future. And that's the fun part
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 171
Niced 190 Times in 87 Posts

[QUOTE=BuzzzFlicker87;3402968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzflip10 View Post
Fills the gap between buzzz and fresh buzzzOS
That would be a Hornet then. Sucks those went OOP.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:53 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 130 Times in 56 Posts

[QUOTE=IHearChains;3402989]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzFlicker87 View Post

That would be a Hornet then. Sucks those went OOP.
Yeah those are beadless too if I remember correct.. Mabe I can find one. Im gonna have to have a stern talk with Paul McBeth about discrafts OOP lineup. He needs a signature series hornet just doesn't know it yet. Get him up here Mtn Man!
Old 01-15-2019, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.9
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,252 Times in 889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorthog DISCussions View Post
No one ever proposed changing the name should take priority over anything. What are you going on about?

We are just having a discussion about dreams. At this point, your dream of seeing HBH mowed, cleaned, maintained, is just as fun to dream about as a rebrand. It's fun speculation. We all want it to get turned around. I don't think anyone in this thread is going to disagree with that hot take of yours.

However, if indeed the huge amount sweat/blood/tears actually does come to fruition, the people who did it will probably feel they've earned the right to put a new name on this NEW thing that they have built. Maybe i'm just thinking bigger scale. I hope MM plans to do more than just mow and pick up the trash. Because at the end of the day, it takes a lot of people to operate something as big as HBH at it's full potential. And at that scale, it would have become something HBH has never been.

I do think keeping "Highbridge" in the name is smart though, as I mentioned. But I think it comes down to how bold you are and what you can accomplish. I don't care what HBH has been in the past. I care about what it can be in the future. And that's the fun part
Oh boy....a post condemning posts with an opinion, while defending posting opinions.

Stating HBH will take a lot of work to make it great, while condemning a "hot take".

Perhaps you have never met my friend Kettle......hey, Mr. Pot?

Old 01-15-2019, 06:54 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 20.9
Courses Played: 578
Niced 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB

Niced: (2)
Old 01-15-2019, 06:58 PM

Niced 19 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Oh boy....a post condemning posts with an opinion, while defending posting opinions.

Stating HBH will take a lot of work to make it great, while condemning a "hot take".

Perhaps you have never met my friend Kettle......hey, Mr. Pot?
Wait what? You can't take the affect and make it the cause.

"take lot of work" was my response. You're right. You and I thought this to be obvious. But OP made it all sound so easy. This isn't my hot take. It's a response. Should be super simple just as long as they don't listen to DGCR about a rebrand that would surely cause them to forget to do the mowing

Niced: (1)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 170
Niced 202 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Wait what? You can't take the affect and make it the cause.

"take lot of work" was my response. You're right. You and I thought this to be obvious. But OP made it all sound so easy. This isn't my hot take. It's a response. Should be super simple just as long as they don't listen to DGCR about a rebrand that would surely cause them to forget to do the mowing
Aren't many causes merely affectations on the part of their champions?

Niced: (1)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,473 Times in 759 Posts

As I'm sure you read earlier, the plan was/is to make and keep the courses playable. I imagine that is a very tall order judging from my visit there. I'm happy for MM and crew to get the chance to fix what's wrong with HBH, almost everything except the disc golf and the woods. It was still absolutely worth the trip, and I'd do it again in its current state. When they turn it around, I'll visit as often as I can.

I certainly hope they don't change the name. The courses deserve it. If MM does things right, the community will come around.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 172
Niced 623 Times in 278 Posts

Quote:
. . . "take lot of work" was my response. You're right. You and I thought this to be obvious. But OP made it all sound so easy. . . .
Just so you know - the gentleman has designed and installed a course himself. And played Highbridge Hills (perhaps several times). So I'm pretty sure he has a good idea of just how much work is involved.

If you read the comment through that lens you might interpret it differently.

Niced: (2)

Old 01-15-2019, 08:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 33
Niced 1,297 Times in 609 Posts

Obviously you don't take over a place like this and not get it back in shape, so you can actually play and enjoy it.