Old 06-18-2019, 06:20 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,474 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
But more importantly, why in the blazes did they quit making it in Ti?
Because Ti was initially released with world champion tooling, and the world champion on these Wasps left for sponsorship with Dynamic when they entered the disc market soon after Ti was released. And again, next to no one cared about Wasps until McBeth threw one.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-18-2019, 09:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,235 Times in 1,267 Posts

fwiw i did email discraft a few years back and they stated they had no plans to rerun the wasp in ti however now with the macbeth there may be a revival

Old 06-18-2019, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
Not too bad, if I say so myself.
Yea, that is under light, so it appears brighter. Even in shadow, it is better than lots of the old Ti colors
yeah i got a few of those

people used to get annoyed af of me on the card behind me when playing heavily wooded courses cuz i would throw it and take me 15 min to find it every time then eventually i stopped bagging it cuz it was too laborious to find after each throw
Old 06-18-2019, 09:39 AM
* Ace Member *

one last thought no one knew if the old ti runs lasted forever cuz most people lost their ti before it had a chance to break in or people stopped throwing the ti all together

Old 06-19-2019, 07:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 130
Niced 112 Times in 46 Posts

8 weeks ago I bought an x-wasp off ebay to see if it's still a great plastic/mold combo like it was ten years ago when in production or it's my wasp-colored memory talking . .. . . . . yup, still great. Slowly getting less fade and will obviously start finishing a little right over the next several months . .. sigh. Not like DX/KC stuff (anyone remember how great the KC used to be . . . .sigh) that blasts through the straight spot to flippy/useless in the blink of an eye.

Can't stop throwing it . . . . would be cycling in the next one about now if they were available still . . . .

Maybe I'll try to x-buzzz again -- I had no luck years ago trying to ween off x-wasps but I'm guessing that the bead/no-bead thing. I've thrown various beadless mids since those days with varying degrees of success -- I was real hopeful on the cheap plastic M4's but they just don't have enough initial stability.

I've had zero success with any of the new manufacturers' roc/plastic combos although with the number of choices out there I'm sure I've missed several so perhaps I'll wade back in that water. (Please don't suggest beating in a Z-wasp . . . . that's boring since it takes a bajillion years. And the flippy champ rocs are no fun since you don't really get to know the disc before it's fading on you . .. .one grumpy old man's opinion.)
Old 06-19-2019, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
8 weeks ago I bought an x-wasp off ebay to see if it's still a great plastic/mold combo like it was ten years ago when in production or it's my wasp-colored memory talking . .. . . . . yup, still great. Slowly getting less fade and will obviously start finishing a little right over the next several months . .. sigh. Not like DX/KC stuff (anyone remember how great the KC used to be . . . .sigh) that blasts through the straight spot to flippy/useless in the blink of an eye.

Can't stop throwing it . . . . would be cycling in the next one about now if they were available still . . . .

Maybe I'll try to x-buzzz again -- I had no luck years ago trying to ween off x-wasps but I'm guessing that the bead/no-bead thing. I've thrown various beadless mids since those days with varying degrees of success -- I was real hopeful on the cheap plastic M4's but they just don't have enough initial stability.

I've had zero success with any of the new manufacturers' roc/plastic combos although with the number of choices out there I'm sure I've missed several so perhaps I'll wade back in that water. (Please don't suggest beating in a Z-wasp . . . . that's boring since it takes a bajillion years. And the flippy champ rocs are no fun since you don't really get to know the disc before it's fading on you . .. .one grumpy old man's opinion.)
there is no way around it we need x wasps stocked in regular production

Old 06-19-2019, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,306 Times in 645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
there is no way around it we need x wasps stocked in regular production
I'd be 100% ok with regular production jawbreaker. Personally was never a fan of the slicker hard x blend
Old 06-19-2019, 12:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 22
Niced 30 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
yeah i got a few of those

people used to get annoyed af of me on the card behind me when playing heavily wooded courses cuz i would throw it and take me 15 min to find it every time then eventually i stopped bagging it cuz it was too laborious to find after each throw
If this was a tournament round, you would have been forced to move on after 2 minutes. That and it shouldn't be that hard to find discs in the fairway. Why would you keep throwing it if it wasn't always hitting the fairway?

Old 06-19-2019, 12:59 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 775 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xare View Post
If this was a tournament round, you would have been forced to move on after 2 minutes. That and it shouldn't be that hard to find discs in the fairway. Why would you keep throwing it if it wasn't always hitting the fairway?
You're thinking of his Z Wasp. It doesn't hit fairways, it hits chains.

Old 06-19-2019, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 130
Niced 112 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I'd be 100% ok with regular production jawbreaker. Personally was never a fan of the slicker hard x blend
Never thrown anything jawbreaker. Threw and loved the original swirl apx’s.....don’t know the similarities of those plastics but wouldn’t bother me if as long as it beats in slow and holds the sweet spot for months.