* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Little bit of a thread drift, but...
Most course designers idea of balance is to design courses for RHBH and RHFH.

Very few course designers know how to balance a course for lefties.

Full disclosure, I am a lefty.

Winthrop Gold favors lefties, I think. Didn’t say it was easy for anyone, but it favors a LHBH and RHFH.
Not sure what Chris and Nathan think.
As a lefty, this this this!!!

Most holes finishing right shape more for a turnover RHBH or flex RHFH than they do for the typical straight then fade of a LHBH flat shot.

I cry about this but realize LHBH is the expection so have grown to accept it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 140
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 479 Times in 215 Posts

Just came in to say, I'm very impressed with Spin's post production. JT & Champ in the booth is a good combo. I love Jomez & CCDG and Spin is releasing a product of equal quality at this event!

Niced: (2)
Old 10-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Par Member

Niced 185 Times in 95 Posts

Who knew the Champ would be so good behind the mic? I'm ready for a Sexy Champ or Big Champ combo on Jomez

Old 10-04-2019, 09:30 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 150 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Duvall View Post
Hi John,

I believe the game will continue to grow with folks who look like me. That's awesome, but incomplete. My vision, my hope, is to see a future with as many women as men playing. After speaking to lots of girls and women, it seems like we need more women's only events, more Throw Pink, more girls playing at school, more courses with greater visibility and more restrooms, more female event directors and other similar initiatives. It seems really important to go beyond just making disc golf available; we want to make disc golf more INVITING for girls and women. The secret sauce that will multiply these inviting efforts is to have a female player or group of players who inspires girls and women. There have been great champions and inspirational women in the past, but they played before our social media time and before the skyrocketing media efforts of Jomez, Smashboxx, Central Coast, and others. There's a group of women now who play an inspiring brand of disc golf and the media is in place to take it to the world. Paige and Kristen are two of those women and the Winthrop Arena Course will hopefully provide the showcase that engages the fans on an emotionally inspiring level.

Glad to answer questions as time allows. Hope you are well.

~ Harold
This is so encouraging. Though it makes Innova’s refusal to give Val Jenkins signature discs even more baffling.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 194 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
I always had that issue with chromecast when the player wasn't an app itself (like the USDGC imbedded player). I was an early adopter of chromecast, but that was such a turnoff that I went to fireTV and haven't had issues since. It's probably a lot less of a problem now that so many app players are cast-able
I think a decent amount depends on your internet connection and setup of devices. A few months ago I was living in a place with DSL and my PS4 hooked up to my TV would play things without stuttering while the same thing chromecasted would have trouble. Now that I am in a place with like 50mbps down, the casting works flawlessly. Same devices but wildly different results based on internet speed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 10-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 167 Times in 53 Posts

I disagree. Jamie is doing a video broadcast, not radio. Less is more. Let it breathe. If he did what you're asking, he's be bombarded with "you talk too much" comments.

Jamie, great job with first round edited coverage. I really enjoyed it. My only constructive criticism is for the little nuggets and tidbits that pop up (which are sweet) stay up just a little longer. I'm talking another 0.5-1.0 seconds. Again, well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Jamie Please PLEASE have more runup into a player going to throw. When you see them getting ready, get the viewer ready too by commenting on it. Not everybody can have their eyes glued to the screen. I missed Clemons on #17 because the only thing to cue me back to look at yhe screen was the oohhhhhh

Not the only time either when it was too tight. Filler, filler, filler, now heres Simon -> disc in air 1 sec later

Or if its a switching problem and you dont see it either before they cut to it, then bigger issue

Old 10-04-2019, 10:41 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 86
Niced 83 Times in 53 Posts

Mcbeth isn't warming up before his tee time. I wonder if he is dropping out
Old 10-04-2019, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,391 Times in 535 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosteve View Post
Mcbeth isn't warming up before his tee time. I wonder if he is dropping out
Maybe he's trying something different to see if it helps. I'd be surprised if he drops out.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 86
Niced 83 Times in 53 Posts

Mcbeth is warming up now

Old 10-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 868 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide View Post
I disagree. Jamie is doing a video broadcast, not radio. Less is more. Let it breathe. If he did what you're asking, he's be bombarded with "you talk too much" comments.

Jamie, great job with first round edited coverage. I really enjoyed it. My only constructive criticism is for the little nuggets and tidbits that pop up (which are sweet) stay up just a little longer. I'm talking another 0.5-1.0 seconds. Again, well done.
Not sure you understood what I was requesting.

I am not asking for more talk, or having them describe what happens on the screen, I can see it WHEN I am looking at it. But my eyes will not stay glued to the people on the couch because I can listen to them while doing other stuff. But when they see the next player getting ready to throw (especially the first throw on a hole, and doubly especially after a lengthy walk or pile up), could just add one more sentence "...and as Simon is getting ready on the tee, I just want to yada yada" keep going on what you were just saying, finish the thought, go to live video, profit.

Standard practice, and it was something that stood out to me several times. Cant recall having had that happen as frequently with DGPT/NT coverage, FWIW.

Niced: (1)