#391  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:10 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is online now
I'm With Her
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,419
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
I don't know anything about the Innova Val scandal. But I have seen Val sig Starfires before. So, didn't they give her that signature disc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
I believe that was a limited edition touring series disc, not the production signature discs that they gave the mpo champs. Think McPro Roc3’s and KCPro Aviars and Avery Destroyers and Barry Beasts, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
It's a production run. Problem is, they stamped her name on any Star Starfires they could find. There are PFN Val Starfires out there. It's a disc nobody wanted to begin with and her sig sure didn't boost sales.
After Val won her fourth Worlds, Innova issued a commemorative (limited edition) Star SL run. Then they issued Star Starfires (not SLs) with her sig on them, but like Hampstead said they were just stamps on existing Starfires, and seemed halfhearted and more an attempt to get rid of unpopular Starfire inventory than to honor Val.

And all of that (including winning Worlds, IIRC) was after Val had privately told Innova she was not renewing her contract with them. Her public statement, which said she felt slighted by Innova in light of her accomplishments, came later on and caused a discussion about how men vs. women were treated by the disc companies...
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:19 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,225
Niced 1,390 Times in 535 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

It's about $$$ in business. It will always be about $$$. Top men are much better than top women therefore it makes sense the best players get the best signature discs.

How's that for being honest but un-pc?

Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 353
Niced 487 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
It's about $$$ in business. It will always be about $$$. Top men are much better than top women therefore it makes sense the best players get the best signature discs.

How's that for being honest but un-pc?
You’re one brave man out here on the interwebs.

Also political correctness isn’t actually a real thing.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,225
Niced 1,390 Times in 535 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
You’re one brave man out here on the interwebs.

Also political correctness isn’t actually a real thing.
And you're (in general) a fool if you think my comment is incorrect.

Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:25 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 353
Niced 487 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
And you're (in general) a fool if you think my comment is incorrect.
Your argument is, “It’s this way, so it has to be this way.” Bold take.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,225
Niced 1,390 Times in 535 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles_Lefty View Post
Your argument is, “It’s this way, so it has to be this way.” Bold take.
Go to work next week and tell your boss this week is on you, no pay required. Show us all how it should be. We all know you won't.
No bold take, just reality.
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,985
Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
It's about $$$ in business. It will always be about $$$. Top men are much better than top women therefore it makes sense the best players get the best signature discs.

How's that for being honest but un-pc?

Tru, but men tennis players are much better than women players....but a few women players make crazy $$$. ..but not PC to say why they make so much money
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Orioles_Lefty Orioles_Lefty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 353
Niced 487 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
Go to work next week and tell your boss this week is on you, no pay required. Show us all how it should be. We all know you won't.
No bold take, just reality.
Reality is socially constructed not as it is just because it is. Also, when are you going to pay the USWNT? They’re better than the men and more popular. You working on that?
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Jay Dub's Avatar
Jay Dub Jay Dub is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Years Playing: 40
Courses Played: 95
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,225
Niced 1,390 Times in 535 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Tru, but men tennis players are much better than women players....but a few women players make crazy $$$. ..but not PC to say why they make so much money
There are some sports where watching females side is as good as male side. Tennis is one of them although they can't keep up with the males. Diving is another one and a few others. But disc golf is not one of them.
Reply With Quote
 

  #400  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,985
Niced 1,803 Times in 1,008 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
There are some sports where watching females side is as good as male side. Tennis is one of them although they can't keep up with the males. Diving is another one and a few others. But disc golf is not one of them.
If discgolf gets a Maria Sharapova or Anna Kournikova that might change. . .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jomez Productions Flick Maniac Tournaments & Leagues 453 03-29-2020 04:15 PM
Jomez Appreciation Thread Titan037 General Disc Golf Chat 5 08-19-2019 03:03 PM
Jomez tour turbosteve General Disc Golf Chat 83 12-05-2018 04:42 PM
Tensor, Sabertooth, DX Jomez Teebird youdidwell The Marketplace 1 08-23-2018 09:00 PM
Why Do You Like Jomez? Zanguini General Disc Golf Chat 73 06-03-2018 07:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.