Old 10-18-2019, 04:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,641 Times in 1,945 Posts

Bolfconvert is that guy who just started playing and got RREEAALLLLYY into disc golf. He'll course correct after a few years playing and mellow out.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Streets; 10-18-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 195 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
Says the self absorbed convert running his weekly league like its the friggin NFL and everybody else must genuflect in their presence.
I just want to say thank you for introducing me to the word "genuflect"!
Old 10-18-2019, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,035 Times in 816 Posts

Quote:
Says the self absorbed convert running his weekly league like its the friggin NFL and everybody else must genuflect in their presence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
LOL. And you know what about my league?
Would you two just get a room already?

Niced: (2)
Old 10-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 131
Niced 826 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethecryingguy View Post
Would you two just get a room already?
I have exactly one single interaction with bgc and one single post in this thread so your post makes zero sense.

That saying is reserved for people that wont stop arguing and polluting a thread. Kind of like your crying and non stop whining about EDGE funds and pay per view in another thread. Hope you two enjoyed your week long stay in your room.

Niced: (3)
Old 10-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 642 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Bolfconvert is that guy who just started playing and got RREEAALLLLYY into disc golf. He'll course correct after a few years playing and mellow out.
Just needs a few bowl holes and a sixer of cheap beer with the boys.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 88
Niced 2,035 Times in 816 Posts

Quote:
I have exactly one single interaction with bgc and one single post in this thread so your post makes zero sense.

That saying is reserved for people that wont stop arguing and polluting a thread. Kind of like your crying and non stop whining about EDGE funds and pay per view in another thread. Hope you two enjoyed your week long stay in your room.
Wow. Eeeeeaaaasy there fella - I was just trying to be funny. :/

Guess I failed. Again. Oh well.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 35
Niced 216 Times in 96 Posts

It is astonishing to me how contentious things can get between people who share a passion for a &^%$#! frisbee game.

A clear refutation of the hippie-stoner archetype. We have lawyers and politicians up in this joint, with engineers and salesmen, writers and plumbers and contractors...The list goes on and on and on.

One dude (a hero for the End Times, Lloyd Weema) does something so purely audacious, and look what happens. Brother against brother! Hatfields and McCoys, north and south, red and blue. Some of the finest founders of our DG culture looked and behaved exactly like this guy, saying, "To hell with experts and conventions. I'm gonna have some fun -as only I can define it."

It's sad to read through this mess. I almost wish I hadn't. But the enemy you know, etc.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 125
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
I am actually an older guy and I really enjoy the company of the younger players. Most are good guys who enjoy socializing. Many of the "old guard" like to turn in their cards and leave. I find the situation to be exactly opposite of what you describe.
Weird, huh?
Old 10-18-2019, 09:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 170
Niced 211 Times in 115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
We also hear that the new generation of human wants everyone to get recognition and everyone gets a trophy and this certainly goes against that notion.
I was born in the late 70s and got participation trophies each year I played little league in the 80s. This talking point has gotten a bit stale. I have to chuckle when one of my contemporaries gets on this particular high horse. I just try to picture the 7 year old version of the speaker turning down a trophy because they didn't "earn" it.

Not saying you subscribe to this opinion, just that this phenomena isn't limited to the "new generation".

Back on topic:
As far as the Weema rule, I can see how those pros who take themselves a little to seriously might think he was clowning them (intentionally or not). I can also see how those on his card might not want to play a competitive round with someone who is throwing an extra 2-3 times per hole. IMO, none of these are good reasons to exclude players of his caliber.

With where disc golf is right now (and probably will be for quite some time), the opinions that matter are of those who run the events. Even if they are somehow making a profit off of the event, considering the amount of time invested they are still essentially volunteers. If Nate and all the others who put in a ton of time to make big events happen think that things would be better/easier/whatever without sub 900 rated players; I think that should be their decision to make. Remember, if you don't agree with the way things are, you are free to invest 100s of hours of your free time and run events as you see fit.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,904 Times in 2,567 Posts

Maybe we should look on this as a positive... It gives incentive for people to stop bagging Rec...

Niced: (1)