Old 01-09-2020, 08:36 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 28 Times in 23 Posts
Default Updating my bag. Suggestions?

So I've been playing a couple months, and I'm moving past the stage of having 25 different discs that all do the same thing in my bag. That being said, some suggestions on any overlap would be appreciated.

Distance Drivers:
Westside World-
Infinite Pharoh/Emperor (also debating Biofusion Sheriff for this slot. Was using a Grym here till I lost it)
Wave

Fairway/control Drivers:
XXX
2x Heat (one beat in one new)
Explorer

Mids:
Glow MD5
3x Method (one beat in 2 new)
Glow MD2/Kaxe Z
Enforcer

Putters:
Tomb (tee)
Judge (putt)
Sponsored Links

Last edited by B.Fairbanks.1023; 01-09-2020 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 23
Niced 109 Times in 55 Posts

I'm not familiar with those molds in particular, but my general advice is to go out next time with 6 of your favorites from that list. You will start to understand which ones you really need and which ones you don't. I found that too much overlap resulted in higher scores, throwing the wrong disc in a given situation. You might be different, but if you're concerned about it, it might be worth the experiment.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 137 Times in 89 Posts

Iíll just comment on the mids.

Carrying seven of them seems a little excessive even if mids are a strong part of your game. I carry one mold that is very versatile that I can use for straight shots, turnovers, or hyzers that hold that line. Sometimes if the wind is up Iíll bag an extra disc that is beefier like your MD5 or a guy could just use that XXX in your bag for those kind of shots.

Sometimes Iíll carry a backup for my main mid so even if Iím bagging a wind fighter Iíll only have three mids in my bag.

I will admit that mids really overlap with my putters and fairways these days and if I can get there with a putter I will just throw a putter. If I canít reach the distance I need with a putter and Iím afraid of going long with a fairway then Iíll break out the mid.
Old 01-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 137 Times in 89 Posts

Edit- maybe you have six mids, not seven. Math isnít my strong suit.

Also, I only know the Enforcer as a beefy, high speed driver so Iím not sure what kind of mid that is.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Iíll just comment on the mids.

Carrying seven of them seems a little excessive even if mids are a strong part of your game. I carry one mold that is very versatile that I can use for straight shots, turnovers, or hyzers that hold that line. Sometimes if the wind is up Iíll bag an extra disc that is beefier like your MD5 or a guy could just use that XXX in your bag for those kind of shots.

Sometimes Iíll carry a backup for my main mid so even if Iím bagging a wind fighter Iíll only have three mids in my bag.

I will admit that mids really overlap with my putters and fairways these days and if I can get there with a putter I will just throw a putter. If I canít reach the distance I need with a putter and Iím afraid of going long with a fairway then Iíll break out the mid.
Mids were actually a deficit of mine until recently. I was only throwing a Mako3 until about a month ago. I got the Method and loved it (I really only bag 2 of the 3 I said I had. The 3rd is a backup). As the first one is beating in it's getting similar to the MD2
The MD5 is on it's way and I intend for it to be my forehand mid. Anything less stable will turn and burn.
The MD2 I found on the ground and it was unmarked so I threw is and it's become my point and shoot disc. Something tells me once that first Method wears in the MD2 will go in a separate bag for glow rounds.
The other Mid was supposed to be an Evidence not an Enforcer. I'm trash at throwing any kind of anny shot right now so having an understable mid is helping.
Ideally I think with some work I can drop down to 3: MD5, beat in Method, and new Method at mid.
I can throw each of the Method and MD2 out to 350' so unless I"m looking for a specific kind of skip I don't really throw any of the fairway drivers. The XXX is my heavy wind, hyzer bomb and tomahawk disc exclusively.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:56 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts

You look set with those excellent putters.

As to the rest, like someone above said, leave a disc out for a round. If you miss it, put it back in. If you don't, consider leaving it out.

Niced: (1)

Old 01-10-2020, 11:26 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
You look set with those excellent putters.

As to the rest, like someone above said, leave a disc out for a round. If you miss it, put it back in. If you don't, consider leaving it out.
I actually just came across the Tomb lol. Before that I couldn't throw a putter off the tee to save my life.

I'll give that a try. You still in the ATL area? I'm just in Macon and have been meaning to play some courses up that way.