Old 02-19-2020, 03:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 58
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 118 Times in 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
New disc sells. so Companys make more new discs . .
Of course. Just axe the other molds then IMO. Who needs a speed 12 vs a speed 13 of practically the same disc? Zeus SS, Crank SS, Nuke SS. Two of them need to go IMO haha

Just my stupid opinion. I like simplicity in molds, (which is why I love Legacy and hated the catalog of discs from Innova) But hate high speed discs ( Why I never threw the Rampage or Cannon)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2020, 05:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 32
Niced 695 Times in 420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
Just my stupid opinion. I like simplicity in molds, (which is why I love Legacy and hated the catalog of discs from Innova) But hate high speed discs ( Why I never threw the Rampage or Cannon)
I know what you're saying by preferring a smaller catalogue to choose from but most Legacy molds are direct attempts to copy Innova.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 933 Times in 780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I know what you're saying by preferring a smaller catalogue to choose from but most Legacy molds are direct attempts to copy Innova.
Or Discraft with a few molds too mostly a putter like the Magnet but a midrange like a Comet only flat top is the other I can think of.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:15 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 252 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
Of course. Just axe the other molds then IMO. Who needs a speed 12 vs a speed 13 of practically the same disc? Zeus SS, Crank SS, Nuke SS. Two of them need to go IMO haha

Maybe discraft's thoughts are that people have a go to driver like a Zeus, Nuke or Crank. And discraft wants to give people a understable counterpart off the shelf.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:30 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Niced 933 Times in 780 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
Maybe discraft's thoughts are that people have a go to driver like a Zeus, Nuke or Crank. And discraft wants to give people a understable counterpart off the shelf.
The Understable disc with a similar name helps keep things simple as if you want a US Crank they have that, An OS Crank might be a Nuke and they have an OS Nuke for those who want a disc that most normal people should not be throwing. Some discs that it is hard to modify to have an OS or US version do not have a OS or US counterpart as well as some molds not quite popular enough to have a OS or US counterpart.

There are not too many discs but enough molds to satisfy majority of people and not tottaly confuse them like Innova can, only flaw is no true OS fairway disc in a premium plastic from Discraft and a speed 7 in this slot would sell, unfortunately the premium XL discs were not a big hit as the disc was not what people were looking for, the rim was of the 1990's style with a blunt edge to the XL. Stalker is OS but not as much as most people are looking for and the bead throws some off on forehand, however with Page Pierce using the Stalker the mold should stay in Discraft's line up.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,805 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
The funny part was I sort of thought the Zeus was his understable driver. He seems to use the Force a lot for his overstable driver and seems like he seldom broke out the Zeus last season.
I think he will be throwing it more in 2020, he used it ALOT in WTO, much more than i ever seen him use it in any 2019 tournament
Old 02-20-2020, 08:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,310 Times in 647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think he will be throwing it more in 2020, he used it ALOT in WTO, much more than i ever seen him use it in any 2019 tournament
I think it has a lot to do with him having enough time to really practice with it this year. Last year I think it was tweaked between the protos and first production run, so he's probably a lot more comfortable with it now.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:47 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
It's going to be a much smaller cycle. You'll still need an OS mid at the top of it.
Okay that is what I was wondering, I still plan on having the Drone in as the bookend, and one of my ESP Buzzzs is getting pretty worn in now after a year-ish. I was using a verdict as that in between. Does anyone have experience with borderline verdict stability on a Buzzz, mainly go for Glo?
Old 02-20-2020, 01:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,256 Times in 679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHaavisto View Post
Okay that is what I was wondering, I still plan on having the Drone in as the bookend, and one of my ESP Buzzzs is getting pretty worn in now after a year-ish. I was using a verdict as that in between. Does anyone have experience with borderline verdict stability on a Buzzz, mainly go for Glo?
I'm not sure if that Glo is going to do it. I use a Buzzz OS (in your Drone spot) and a seasoned Buzzz OS in between that and a fresh low shouldered Z or ESP Buzzz (just threw my new 5x ESP and its plenty stable). How bout a beat Tour Series Drone? 2 disc Drone/ 2 disc Buzzz cycle.

Niced: (1)

Old 02-20-2020, 02:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 55 Times in 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
How bout a beat Tour Series Drone? 2 disc Drone/ 2 disc Buzzz cycle.
That could work too, I have a BigZ drone that I haven't thrown in a while that I remember being a lot less stable than either of my CryZtals.. May have to see if I can beat that one up!