Old 02-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 369 Times in 255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
When you hold the humerus/elbow up in the backswing like GG, it locks the shoulder socket and you can pronate or supinate the forearm without the humerus rotating or collapsing.

When I do a pendulum backswing I feel like I have to keep supinating and externally rotating to keep the shoulder from collapsing and maintain a wide backswing going away from body at the top/transition. I also feel like I'm pushing/bowling the disc into the backswing and lofting the disc up to the top of the backswing.

When I try do a pendulum like parbbq with the arm pronated and internally rotated I feel a lot of slack in my shoulder and it just wants to collapse around behind my body hugging myself. I also feel like I'm pulling the disc in the backswing and then the disc is pulling my arm down at the top instead of levitating.
Makes sense, thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2020, 07:15 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 544 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Back as in unloading too soon or position wise? Could you elaborate?
https://youtu.be/FUtnBMNsnbg

I describe it and show it here: butt stays through a vertical plane in the backswing and downswing. You seem very upright, which is common when we’re standing around doing these motions.

I feel my thighs engaged when I’m slowly working through the motions.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:05 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 82 Times in 70 Posts

Live update from
The field. I think I got it guys. It feels veeery screwy Into the groundy so fingers crossed. I’m loving the results!

Niced: (1)
Old 02-24-2020, 10:22 PM
Birdie Member

I want to try and explain what Im feeling now;

My back foot is screwed down into the ground so hard and I feel pressure/engaged thigh and Im moving the disc just by this hip rotation/force into the ground.

The harder I push into the ground the more my butt turns away/wants to move target ward. As soon as I lift up my plant leg everything moves targetward like an uncoiling spring and all I have to do is catch myself still coiled up, and brace against that uncoiling force and swing.

Swim move taking a vacation for now, too much to think about!

Niced: (2)
Old 02-25-2020, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,233 Times in 1,973 Posts

Looking like the move and not spilling the beverage!

Old 02-25-2020, 08:11 AM
Birdie Member

Yes! Awesome! Thanks again everyone!! Not going to get ahead of myself this time and just get used to throwing this way.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Birdie Member

So this is first throw out of the car. Im kinda capped out at 280-290 or so with a leopard3.

I think I need to move towards the target sooner? And with that move between the feet quicker too.

And I think Im seeing the return of the flat swing plane, no bueno.,

Tried doing the same feeling in a xstep, plenty o hugging here and over the top...

Old 03-03-2020, 11:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,233 Times in 1,973 Posts

Yeah. You look tense and static and just taking tiny little flicks of the wrist disc at the end, instead of swinging your whole arm/shoulder with the disc like a big hockey stick from the left shoulder. You need to RELAX and let your shoulder/arm/disc go and swing fluidly back and forth underneath your chin/left shoulder. Compact weightshift can make a massive arm swing/whip from your center being tighter. Don't worry about where the disc goes or try to manipulate it, just swing the weight out to the target.

Your preswing/address in the first vid is bizarre movement it's like tiny little herky jerkys back and forth and then you all the sudden fling and release your wrist/disc WTF Richard to the right/horizontal instead of straight out to target. Looks like you are trying to get your body/shoulder out of the way instead of swinging the arm/disc out away from your body/shoulder.

Get your left shoulder to swing over your front foot in your practice swings, swing all the way to the finish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um5cS9u_Y0w&t=4m32s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvvF6eW-by8#t=7m30s
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=134167

Old 03-04-2020, 12:13 AM
Birdie Member

Awesome thanks SW. Think I’ll take a hammer out with me next time to feel the connection and find that swing plane again using the ground.

Old 03-06-2020, 12:00 AM
Birdie Member

Got in a little 20 min sesh in a t shirt. Glorious.

Think I’m onto something with the swing plane, man it feels suuuuper wide!

Took like 6-7 hammer tosses to get this feeling, and wow was I ever releasing right! Combined that with windmill to feel out the juice point.

Lots of other bad things happening: posture, stride... but I think the swing is getting closer.