Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fuzion vs BioFuzion

In your experience/knowledge, what would you say are the similarities and differences between these two plastics?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Biofuzion is traditionally "more stable" than Fuzion, but beats in a little quicker. I found the opposite to be the case with the Renegade, however.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:50 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Fuzion for me is grippier and slightly slower to wear. I don't always find it to be more overstable it's usually very close to the same but it depends on the mold. Biofuzion provides me with a slightle cheaper price.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Sorry, ignore what I wrote. For some reason I thought you were comparing Lucid and Fusion
Old 03-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 150 Times in 89 Posts

Bios season faster and lose their LSS first which makes for great hyzer flippers with lots of glide.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 369 Times in 230 Posts

I've been trying to figure this out as well. The trespass thread has it both ways. Some say bio is more overstable and some say the opposite.

I did skim through the DD pro's page and it seems like most of the in the bag write ups point to biofuzion being more overstable.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I've been trying to figure this out as well. The trespass thread has it both ways. Some say bio is more overstable and some say the opposite.

I did skim through the DD pro's page and it seems like most of the in the bag write ups point to biofuzion being more overstable.
It really varies mold to mold. I've thrown a few trespass in the bio and it came down to plh like usual. I had a red that I thought was my most OS trespass but I had friends with pale yellows and they seemed to turn a little more than both fuzion and lucid. I have several pink opaque lucid first run trespasses and they are beeftastic. I have some hybrids and fuzion that are also very OS while I have a lucid that is a little worn and I can count to turn and hold an anny in a slight headwind until the very end.

Renegades are usually the flippiest in bio and then you have some bio truths that start out more overstable than even fuzion but generally the bio will start close to both the fuzion and lucid and just wear a little quicker than both while offering a reduced price. People who don't throw all of them read that and assume it's just an inconsistent mess but it's actually quite the opposite I think. It's so close to being similar that the only real certainty is variations in PLH and that's true for every disc from every manufacturer. Some molds just come out with a bigger variation to the domes and PLH. Others are usually close to the same. Saints and rivers vary a lot for me but the 3 oldest DD drivers (trespass, renegade, escape) usually run pretty close. The new witness is even more consistent. I've gone over the ones I own and several others and in the initial run of lucid they don't vary much at all. Not even in weights. I have a 174 and 166 in the bag right now and you can't tell the difference in flight.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:27 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:42 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 10
Niced 51 Times in 29 Posts

Love the Bio. Starts out stable and beats in quick for bomber drives and flips.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 369 Times in 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
It really varies mold to mold. I've thrown a few trespass in the bio and it came down to plh like usual. I had a red that I thought was my most OS trespass but I had friends with pale yellows and they seemed to turn a little more than both fuzion and lucid. I have several pink opaque lucid first run trespasses and they are beeftastic. I have some hybrids and fuzion that are also very OS while I have a lucid that is a little worn and I can count to turn and hold an anny in a slight headwind until the very end.

Renegades are usually the flippiest in bio and then you have some bio truths that start out more overstable than even fuzion but generally the bio will start close to both the fuzion and lucid and just wear a little quicker than both while offering a reduced price. People who don't throw all of them read that and assume it's just an inconsistent mess but it's actually quite the opposite I think. It's so close to being similar that the only real certainty is variations in PLH and that's true for every disc from every manufacturer. Some molds just come out with a bigger variation to the domes and PLH. Others are usually close to the same. Saints and rivers vary a lot for me but the 3 oldest DD drivers (trespass, renegade, escape) usually run pretty close. The new witness is even more consistent. I've gone over the ones I own and several others and in the initial run of lucid they don't vary much at all. Not even in weights. I have a 174 and 166 in the bag right now and you can't tell the difference in flight.
good point

I was only focusing on the trespass

Last edited by ranger; 03-26-2014 at 05:50 PM.