Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 07-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 84 Times in 19 Posts
Default Disc Golf and Baseball Cards - Paul McBeth has bridged the gap

Hello all,

Disc golf is my #1 hobby and collecting baseball cards is #2.

Today I was reviewing the checklist for 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter. Traditionally this product is mainly baseball players (80% or so), but often has stars from other sports or pop culture.

I was looking to see what autographs would be included in this years set. As I am scanning, I see this "AGA-PMB Paul McBeth - Disc Golf Champ"

So for those of you that would like to own a Paul Mcbeth Autograph, this is your chance. This product releases 1 week from today (7/20/16).

The best way to get one of these is to check ebay roughly 1 week after the release date and you will see a bunch of these listed. I assume the price will be very low as most people have no clue who he is.

Here is a link to the checklist - http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...baseball-cards. He is listed under the Non-Baseball Autograph section.

I apologize if nobody cares about Paul McBeth autographs in a baseball product, but I thought I would share. I think it is pretty cool. I wish there was a picture of the card I could share, but that is not available yet.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 13
Niced 160 Times in 103 Posts

WOW...why isn't Innova or the PDGA hyping this?
Old 07-13-2016, 02:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danderlion View Post
Hello all,

Disc golf is my #1 hobby and collecting baseball cards is #2.

Today I was reviewing the checklist for 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter. Traditionally this product is mainly baseball players (80% or so), but often has stars from other sports or pop culture.

I was looking to see what autographs would be included in this years set. As I am scanning, I see this "AGA-PMB Paul McBeth - Disc Golf Champ"

So for those of you that would like to own a Paul Mcbeth Autograph, this is your chance. This product releases 1 week from today (7/20/16).

The best way to get one of these is to check ebay roughly 1 week after the release date and you will see a bunch of these listed. I assume the price will be very low as most people have no clue who he is.

Here is a link to the checklist - http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...baseball-cards. He is listed under the Non-Baseball Autograph section.

I apologize if nobody cares about Paul McBeth autographs in a baseball product, but I thought I would share. I think it is pretty cool. I wish there was a picture of the card I could share, but that is not available yet.

Dan
Nice detective work! I had heard about this some time ago but was never able to confirm.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 647 Times in 321 Posts

Two above - Pope Francis
Below - Jose Conseco
Old 07-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 148
Niced 200 Times in 111 Posts

As a card collector myself (over 5000 badeball cards and counting) I really need to get a hold of this.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Bogey Member

It appears he has multiple cards in this release. I see a base card, an autograph card, and a relic card.

The relic cards always have a piece of game used material inserted in the card. I'm hoping the relic will be part of one of his discs that he retired and no longer needs, but could be something as simple as a piece of the shirt he wore in some tournament.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 62
Niced 15 Times in 11 Posts

Does a signature PMB Aiviar count? Lol
Old 07-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 34
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Allen and Ginter had Avery's card out in 2009,I think. Ken Climo has a card, that had a ton of variations of. Allen and Ginter seems most logical for disc golf players because it highlights stars in almost every sport imaginable. Heck, they've even got World Leader cards, cards of creatures, historic events and so much more. I've got cards Joey Chestnut, Big Foot: monster truck, the Grand Canyon, Jeanette Lee (Black Widow): pool and many more.

A cool card might be profiling McBeast's Bag and what he carries.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:16 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo21 View Post
Allen and Ginter had Avery's card out in 2009,I think. Ken Climo has a card, that had a ton of variations of. Allen and Ginter seems most logical for disc golf players because it highlights stars in almost every sport imaginable. Heck, they've even got World Leader cards, cards of creatures, historic events and so much more. I've got cards Joey Chestnut, Big Foot: monster truck, the Grand Canyon, Jeanette Lee (Black Widow): pool and many more.

A cool card might be profiling McBeast's Bag and what he carries.
That's awesome. I did not know AJ and KC had cards as well. Title of the thread is misleading now

Old 07-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 34
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corin_brown View Post
Does a signature PMB Aiviar count? Lol
It could. Again, the relic could be anything on his person or anything that he's used. Heck, it could even be a piece of his hair. Allen and Ginter could make that happen as well.