Old 10-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 40 Times in 28 Posts
Default Buzzz OS vs Emac Truth

I want to hear people's opinions of the Buzzz OS vs Emac Truth. Are they overlap?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2016, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 32
Niced 690 Times in 417 Posts

I've never thrown an Emac Truth but I've spent some time with the Buzzz OS. It is way beefy. A faster, less controllable Zone IMO. I don't think there would be much of any overlap here.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 669 Times in 390 Posts

I've only thrown a FR Buzzz OS, but I agree with Solar. The Buzzz OS I threw was like a Gator whereas the Emac Truth I've thrown was like a slightly longer Roc. There would definitely be plenty of room for both those discs in a bag with practically no overlap in my opinion.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 83 Times in 74 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
I've only thrown a FR Buzzz OS, but I agree with Solar. The Buzzz OS I threw was like a Gator whereas the Emac Truth I've thrown was like a slightly longer Roc. There would definitely be plenty of room for both those discs in a bag with practically no overlap in my opinion.
Yep, Buzzz OS has harder fade and less glide than the Truth...or Roc/Roc3 for that matter.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

The buzzz OS is more like dynamics justice. eMac truth is basically the Discraft wasp. Buzzz OS is a step up from the eMac truth.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Buzzz OS is like a faster Gator. Emac Truth is the most overstable regular buzz you've ever thrown.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

OS Buzz can be pretty OS. Don't know about gator stability, but a little more OS than a roc. eMac truth is straight (little wiggle) and a small fade at the end. Different shots
Old 10-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 150 Times in 89 Posts

I find the gator or justice extremely overstable with little to no glide with hard dumping fade but I bag the BuzzzOS like a midrange firebird flight with great HSS holding stable straight at full power (300'+ midrange power) and dependable flaring fade once it slows.

Truth is a faster Roc, tweener mid/fairway speed, and Emac Truths are the overstable version of that mold.
Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to revive a long dead thread, but there's a lot of pieces of info here that I don't quite have the context to put together into a clear picture.

I'm mere months into this sport, but I've been unemployed for these past few months, so I've had time to really get into it. I'm finally ready to stop using understable discs that anybody can make fly in a straight line and interested in adding more overstable mids for shot shaping on my short local course. I recently added a Prime Burst Truth, GStar Roc3, and Champ Flake Gator to my bag, all of which I like very much. The thing is, I didn't specifically choose any of these discs; the Gator came in a lot with other discs, and I fished the other two off the bottom of the lake at my home course. *I did contact the owners of all 10 discs I found, except for my buddy who owned two of them...he doesn't deserve his discs back.*

Like most clueless players I pay close attention to what the pros are using then try to convince myself that if I just had what the pros are throwing, it'll be no time before I'm sinking a putt for a win at worlds. With that in mind, I hear a lot of players using the Roc, Buzzz, and EMac Truth, so I gotta know if I've got the bases covered on what those discs can do vs what my discs can do. I've pored over the flight numbers, but I know those are merely data points put forth by the manufacturers, so it only tells part of the story. I could certainly go buy one of each and test them out, but since I've already got 54 discs and only been playing since October... I really should slow down on the buying frenzy.

I play mostly RHBH, but I'm working on developing my FH stroke. My FH is working its way into my game mostly on scramble shots with my Truth since it's the disc I'm most familiar with and acts the most predictably for me.

Any thoughts on where my current array of mids overlaps with the pro choice mids and where I might have a hole are greatly appreciated.

Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 241
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DooN View Post
Sorry to revive a long dead thread, but there's a lot of pieces of info here that I don't quite have the context to put together into a clear picture.

I'm mere months into this sport, but I've been unemployed for these past few months, so I've had time to really get into it. I'm finally ready to stop using understable discs that anybody can make fly in a straight line and interested in adding more overstable mids for shot shaping on my short local course. I recently added a Prime Burst Truth, GStar Roc3, and Champ Flake Gator to my bag, all of which I like very much. The thing is, I didn't specifically choose any of these discs; the Gator came in a lot with other discs, and I fished the other two off the bottom of the lake at my home course. *I did contact the owners of all 10 discs I found, except for my buddy who owned two of them...he doesn't deserve his discs back.*

Like most clueless players I pay close attention to what the pros are using then try to convince myself that if I just had what the pros are throwing, it'll be no time before I'm sinking a putt for a win at worlds. With that in mind, I hear a lot of players using the Roc, Buzzz, and EMac Truth, so I gotta know if I've got the bases covered on what those discs can do vs what my discs can do. I've pored over the flight numbers, but I know those are merely data points put forth by the manufacturers, so it only tells part of the story. I could certainly go buy one of each and test them out, but since I've already got 54 discs and only been playing since October... I really should slow down on the buying frenzy.

I play mostly RHBH, but I'm working on developing my FH stroke. My FH is working its way into my game mostly on scramble shots with my Truth since it's the disc I'm most familiar with and acts the most predictably for me.

Any thoughts on where my current array of mids overlaps with the pro choice mids and where I might have a hole are greatly appreciated.
pros are throwing on a different level than you

however rock3 and truth will probably overlap some unless one is beat to crap

gator is on its own level with stability

maybe get a dx stingray or some other us mid or a beat truth/rock/buzz and you would really have all mid shots covered