Old 01-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 290 Times in 221 Posts

And on the behind view you need to stagger the feet a little more unless you were trying to yank one to the right.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-07-2020, 08:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,237 Times in 1,977 Posts

Yeah feet/shifting is starting to look better, and agree with a little more stagger stance. I like how your arm actually finishes on most of those. You are still hugging yourself with the throwing arm, and your rear arm is behind body/back/not hugging yourself - these 2 things/arms are related/connected to each other through torso.

Behind tee - your right shoulder is over to the back left teepad at top of backswing and starts swinging around to the front right teepad, so it's really sawed off unless you are throwing pure right to left hyzers. Much rather see your right shoulder rotate further around behind you a little bit, so that your shoulder should start swinging to the left front teepad over toes, instead of right front teepad over heel. Distance shots - hyzer flip/anhyzer flex should be thrown left to right.

This should help:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...&postcount=482

Get a big stick and leverage yourself forward from the rear arm.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 84 Times in 71 Posts

Thanks SW & UN. In the hammer toss video you appear to shift diagonally back to the rear foot / hip to initiate the backswing and then mirror than for the forward swing. Is this what you mean about my shoulder being too far left? As currently I’m shifting straight toward target. And my stance was less staggered as I thought too far left / closed blocked the disc. But maybe I should be shifting targetward diagonally BUT not striding left. Is this what HUBs lightbulb bracing video was about?
Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Thanks SW & UN. In the hammer toss video you appear to shift diagonally back to the rear foot / hip to initiate the backswing and then mirror than for the forward swing. Is this what you mean about my shoulder being too far left? As currently I’m shifting straight toward target. And my stance was less staggered as I thought too far left / closed blocked the disc. But maybe I should be shifting targetward diagonally BUT not striding left. Is this what HUBs lightbulb bracing video was about?
This stuff can get difficult/weird to relate into words, and I think it's kind of what HUB is talking about. It's actually making a little circle or ellipse rather than a straight diagonal back and forth. So the transition gets deeper into leverage/butt wipe pressure so the swing starts inside and then goes out.

If you make a counter clockwise circle with the rear(left/RHBH) knee/hip like Mike Maves talks about and rolling the pressure around on the rear foot, you can see how you can make the pelvis rotate away counter clockwise for backswing as rear knee extends and pressure goes to rear heel, while the same direction of the circle will start the pelvis rotating clockwise for forward swing as rear knee flexes/bends and rear foot plantar flexes and pressure leaves foot and then you just go along with it instead of perpetuating the circle. If your pendulum swing follows along the circle of the rear knee/hip you should feel how it gets leveraged forward inside-out toward left or targetward with a burst of inertia.

If you make your rear knee/hip move in a clockwise circle you get no real leverage targetward, but you may get some leverage going to the right of target as the swing will go outside-in across your center. This will also have the rear knee extending/flexing backwards with the swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Zrf5GbvdE#t=35s

It would probably be worthwhile to video yourself doing this both ways. No need to actually throw or move fast, just do the motions and feel it.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:05 PM
Birdie Member

Trying this in my kitchen and it feels like I have insane pressure/leverage off the rear foot moving in this manner. But also my rear hip feels kind of tight so maybe I’m Not following. It feels like a big slingshot effect but with my lower body powering everything. Will film and see what you think thanks SW
Old 01-08-2020, 07:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Yeah, not sure why the hip would be tight, maybe too bent over or pigeon toed. My hip feels very fluid and free to swivel like Elvis.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Birdie Member

Thought it would be easier to convey with words. And then I was like; “why are all form videos silent?”

Old 01-08-2020, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Lol, those socks on that carpet are hilariously distracting. Good stuff though in there, sounds like right track. If your target line is straight to the left or right of the screen, then your front foot is turned back too much and staggered too closed.

Pressure on outside edge of rear foot = death move (also outside front toes). In the backswing your upper body/head are moving/swaying further away than your hips so you are tipping over your lower body instead of shifting to a braced tilt leveraged forward or inside of the rear foot/leg.

This is timestamped to the death move. Recommend setting up feet exactly like this and watch whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...gp-BWlhnM&t=9m

Last edited by sidewinder22; 01-08-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:09 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Lol, those socks on that carpet are hilariously distracting. Good stuff though in there, sounds like right track. If your target line is straight to the left or right of the screen, then your front foot is turned back too much and staggered too closed.

Pressure on outside edge of rear foot = death move (also outside front toes). In the backswing your upper body/head are moving/swaying further away than your hips so you are tipping over your lower body instead of shifting to a braced tilt leveraged forward or inside of the rear foot/leg.

This is timestamped to the death move. Recommend setting up feet exactly like this and watch whole thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...gp-BWlhnM&t=9m
Haha I didn’t think of that Hypno combo!

I thought it was bad to have the pressure on the outside. Good to hear that again. So I’m on the right track as far as the way things move, just need to be swaying less with the upper body and keep the pressure INSIDE the rear foot (like when sevam says screwing into the ground?)

So in order for the weight to shift in this way, my rear heel has to come down (weight shifted towards back right teepad) and then up again when making the move? I’ve been keeping the heel up when shifting back.

Man this is gonna be hard putting it into an x step.

Target in video would be 90 degrees to where in facing kinda diagonal video view because of my micro mansion.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Correct on both. Some golfers say they initiate the backswing by tapping the rear heel or basically crushing the can with the rear heel.

If you pay attention to me in One Leg Drill, my rear heel screws down(spins out counter clockwise) to the ground in the backswing to post up against it without really shifting a lot of pressure to it. Since the rear heel moves closer to target and almost parallel to front heel my weight is maintained more forward moving in a small little circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnhM5amro0#t=2m10s