Old 01-02-2020, 11:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 932 Times in 646 Posts

Playing some disc in the backyard https://imgur.com/gallery/ltgxTdz[IMG]Playing some disc in the backyard https://imgur.com/gallery/ltgxTdz[/IMG]

Well first go round with imgur... had a nice round in the backyard yesterday and thought I'd snap a pic. Comet Envy and a Tesla 162 (fission?) I picked up at the store. It's nice had a good round.

Log on left points at the pin down the tunnel of #12
]
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 01-02-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 267
Niced 2,240 Times in 1,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post

Playing some disc in the backyard https://imgur.com/gallery/ltgxTdz[IMG]Playing some disc in the backyard https://imgur.com/gallery/ltgxTdz[/IMG]

Well first go round with imgur... had a nice round in the backyard yesterday and thought I'd snap a pic. Comet Envy and a Tesla 162 (fission?) I picked up at the store. It's nice had a good round.

Log on left points at the pin down the tunnel of #12
]
is that your backyard

what kind of trees are those mostly
Old 01-03-2020, 02:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
is that your backyard

what kind of trees are those mostly
It is indeed, trees are mostly fir and cedar, some balsam.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,904 Times in 2,567 Posts

Must be nice to have Mirkwood Forest in you backyard...

Niced: (1)
Old 01-03-2020, 10:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah it's a nice piece of property.. Had it for over 20yrs just built my house about 13 years ago.. 14 acres. The course plays in a 4 clover leaf pattern. 4 or 5 holes per section, come by the house after every set. It was heavily logged in the 60's and untouched since then.

Kinda digging this Tesla.. It does a great controlled turnover FH and comes back right at end of flight, it's super soft, medium dome (assuming). A little beefy for my BH. Do these things work well for rollers?

Old 01-03-2020, 11:50 AM

Niced 21 Times in 13 Posts

Had to come here to show my latest purchases: Neutron Prism Pyro and all white Neutron Soft Envy 🤤 Can't wait go out to test Pyro how it compares to Deflector and Vector.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200103_170344.jpg (150.1 KB, 24 views)

Old 01-04-2020, 03:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 7
Niced 737 Times in 398 Posts

Okay guys. As I mentioned a few posts ago, a lot of my bag went oop. I don't love throwing oop discs, as I don't have the funds to buy a big stack of backups. Usually I order a new one when I lose an old one. Which also means cycling really isn't my thing, well, for a few reasons.

The two discs I'm not seeing obvious replacements for are:

Plasma Axis-love it for glidey straight shots. Really workable and versatile. I pair it with a proton matrix. Thinking maybe an E matrix?

Soft N Particle-my more OS throwing putter, compliments my Ions and Anodes. I think the obvious answer is Envy? But I'm unsure. Don't know much about a lot of the newer putters.

Also unsure if I want to keep throwing Ions. I really loved them in Plasma. I threw a proton one forever and it's great, just that plastic was slick. Maybe a neutron? Maybe a new putter along the flight numbers of an ion is in order also. I wouldn't mind mixing it up.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Wanna keep it with the Gyro, just because. Long story I've hashed out a few times on these forums lol.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 169
Niced 2,525 Times in 1,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Okay guys. As I mentioned a few posts ago, a lot of my bag went oop. I don't love throwing oop discs, as I don't have the funds to buy a big stack of backups. Usually I order a new one when I lose an old one. Which also means cycling really isn't my thing, well, for a few reasons.

The two discs I'm not seeing obvious replacements for are:

Plasma Axis-love it for glidey straight shots. Really workable and versatile. I pair it with a proton matrix. Thinking maybe an E matrix?

Soft N Particle-my more OS throwing putter, compliments my Ions and Anodes. I think the obvious answer is Envy? But I'm unsure. Don't know much about a lot of the newer putters.

Also unsure if I want to keep throwing Ions. I really loved them in Plasma. I threw a proton one forever and it's great, just that plastic was slick. Maybe a neutron? Maybe a new putter along the flight numbers of an ion is in order also. I wouldn't mind mixing it up.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Wanna keep it with the Gyro, just because. Long story I've hashed out a few times on these forums lol.
Yeah, I want to keep an Axis in my bag but I'm kinda waiting to see what new mids they come out with are. You could try a Proxy but it's gonna be shorter b/c it's a putter.

Envies are great. My N Envy has transcended my gyro bag into my regular bag. Just a very straight, dependable soft fading disc. Great complement to my Ion. I think the Proton Atom might be most similar to the Particle but I haven't thrown my N Particle much (not as OS as my Envy) and haven't thrown an Atom since the 1st E ones.

I'm also bummed they stopped doing Plasma for Ions. Just ordered a max weight one to have one. Ions are good in any plastic though. I have a stiff N that is a great thrower. Neutron can be roughed up enough to get the slickness out of them but Electron is good too. It's hard to decide between the Ion and Envy for a lot of holes but I bag both b/c I putt with the Ion. If you FH any at all, that's a big reason why the Envy has stuck in my bag. I've poked my way out of tree jail so many times flicking an Envy now.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 53
Niced 4,904 Times in 2,567 Posts

Particle is more OS than an Atom.

Jake, I don't think you should have too much trouble picking up a stack of Axis for future use. Doesn't seem to be a disc that gets much love around here. If you got the income to spend on 5-10, I would just buy them and figure the rest of later when the new mids eventually come out. I would think 5 of them would last you at least several years.

Old 01-04-2020, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Particle is more OS than an Atom.

Jake, I don't think you should have too much trouble picking up a stack of Axis for future use. Doesn't seem to be a disc that gets much love around here. If you got the income to spend on 5-10, I would just buy them and figure the rest of later when the new mids eventually come out. I would think 5 of them would last you at least several years.
I'm kinda feeling the same way on the Tangent, Axis was great but I lost a bit of power... to stay on topic though I don't really feel like there was a mad rush for people to stock up, there's still lots around and I think many people are waiting to see what the new offerings do.

Their putters are so fast that you/I could replace a nice axis or tangent with a proxy and not lose much more than 20'. I have replaced my stable mids like a Tangent with an Envy or two.. I don't feel like I've lost much distance. If they come up with a new mid with improved glide I will rush to get one.

I say cool your jets, buy a Envy. Maybe a soft N maybe a plasma.. Maybe an eclipse, I suppose you could get proton.. But get an Envy same weight as your Particle and see where that takes you.