Old 09-02-2013, 01:07 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannon Pinnacle plastic?

Hey, so is it just me, or does Pinnacle plastic seem like a blend somewhere in between Champion and Star, which is a really good thing?
I like it a lot anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not your average bump

So..
Instead of bumping my thread uselessly.
I thought I would include the most interesting comment from a thread I came across when googling
"Pinnacle plastic Comparison" Pulled from an old dead thread.

"As for comparing Pinnacle to Champion, I think this is an incredibly poor comparison. I understand that all other comparisons have been used up and what is there left to compare Pinnacle to? However, I would compare Pinnacle to Gold Line but with a softer feel in the grip. More accurately, in feel and appearance it reminds me of rock candy.

As far as I know the Pinnacle plastic is only one chemical molecule away from being Champion, but even that little difference makes a world of difference between how a Champion and Pinnacle feels in my hand. Especially when new, Champion feels slick and hard, requiring the driest and most solid contact to get a good grip. Pinnacle feels softer in my grip; not on the level of Pro, but it almost does feel like it could melt into your grip. Thankfully Pinnacle seems to be a million times more durable than Pro."
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 224
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 25 Times in 14 Posts

Sounds like you answered your own question.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
Niced 153 Times in 106 Posts

It varies, just like every other plastic. I've had pinnacle that was nice and tacky. I've had more pinnacle that was hard and slick, though.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have seven Pinnacle discs and they're all grippy, durable and look great. The Icon plastic seems really good too. I skipped on off of a path and expected it to be gouged, but there wasn't a scratch on it.

Old 09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I've seen many many pinnacle discs and to me it is clearly just a nice champion-esque blend. Almost always super pearly, usually a little stiffer and gripper than standard 12x champ. I would not consider it in between standard 12x champ and star personally. I really love it because I like a good grippy, stiff, durable champ plastic and the amazing look they achieve is a bonus. If you're like most of my friends and like a much more supple champ then I think sparkly legend plastic would be more up your alley but I've only felt one before and I can't remember what it was like.