Old 01-24-2014, 04:51 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 573
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 199 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
For Vikings, there's old/flat/gummy/pearly ones, adn there's new domed ones. I have some of each, and AFAIK, I don't have any with #'s on the stamp. Since the flight numbers didn't go on the stamps when the runs started coming out differently, they don't mean anything.
My domey ones are stamped and my old/flat/gummy/pearly ones aren't.

They're like children, I love them both for their completely different personalities.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 04:52 PM
**Stickin'Putts**

Courses Played: 573
Niced 199 Times in 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb1829 View Post
I too throw an escape for the straight/tunnel shots. Champ viking never made it back into the bag (heck, still not broken in). It still gets thrown now and then, but just hasn't won me over.
The question is - What's the weight/color of the one you have and is it for sale?

Old 01-01-2020, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 673 Times in 408 Posts

Anyone throwing the Viking into 2020? I'm needing that fit between my Valkyrie & Thunderbird. I liked the CD2 for a bit but don't want to go down that road. My first S-Line CD2 was exactly what I was looking for but the last two I bought fly exactly like Valkyries.

Are Champion Vikings consistently is but not quite as is as Thunderbirds?
Old 01-01-2020, 05:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 76
Niced 180 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Anyone throwing the Viking into 2020? I'm needing that fit between my Valkyrie & Thunderbird. I liked the CD2 for a bit but don't want to go down that road. My first S-Line CD2 was exactly what I was looking for but the last two I bought fly exactly like Valkyries.

Have you ever thrown a C-Line CD2? I've never thrown a brand new one that was as flippy as a Valk.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Banned but not forgotten

Niced 601 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post

I never found Vikings to compliment anything. They are like a Mako, a stand alone.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 35
Niced 371 Times in 192 Posts

They actually work nicely as a more overstable Valkyrie or Sidewinder, or a straighter “go-to” compliment for a Firebird. Sharing the Valk bottom helps them get along. I did it for a while before moving on to PDs, but miss the Viking flight sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
I never found Vikings to compliment anything. They are like a Mako, a stand alone.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:19 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,298 Times in 1,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
They actually work nicely as a more overstable Valkyrie or Sidewinder, or a straighter “go-to” compliment for a Firebird. Sharing the Valk bottom helps them get along. I did it for a while before moving on to PDs, but miss the Viking flight sometimes.
Agreed. Most people are on the ends, in either the Thunderbird/Firebird or Valkyrie/Sidewinder/Roadrunner camps, but the Viking can be a good 'tweener disc. Kind of like a Champ TL/TL3 or Pipeline between the Teebird/Eagle and Leopard/Leo3/River.

Dave Dunipace has wondered out loud in a video why the Viking is not more popular. Probably because of the limited plastics it comes in. But it's a good mold.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:22 PM
Banned but not forgotten

Niced 601 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albatross View Post
*Most* people build their slots around two discs, being a slightly OS and an US. Some magical discs only require the DX version for the US slot, like TeeBirds. The problem for the Viking is that it is not at all OS, it is neutral out of the box. So if you go Viking/Valk, you still need another disc to be more OS than the Viking, like a PD. Why not just use PDs and beat one into straight?
Old 01-01-2020, 07:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 673 Times in 408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
*Most* people build their slots around two discs, being a slightly OS and an US. Some magical discs only require the DX version for the US slot, like TeeBirds. The problem for the Viking is that it is not at all OS, it is neutral out of the box. So if you go Viking/Valk, you still need another disc to be more OS than the Viking, like a PD. Why not just use PDs and beat one into straight?
I love speed 9's. I'm absolutely sticking with Thunderbirds & Valkyrie s but would still like to find an in between. I had it with an os S-Line CD2 I had but I lost it & don't want to go chasing down the DiscMania wormhole.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.9
Courses Played: 64
Niced 14 Times in 10 Posts

I carry a max weight Viking for -1|2 flight paths and a lighter 168g one for more -2/-3|1 flight paths. I feel that this compliments my prodiscus titans (thunderbird replacement) just fine. The lightweight Viking all but replaces my sidewinder shots as well.