Old 01-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 75 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzteC View Post
I'm sure CCDG is using a non-copyrighted song for their intro, so its open for anybody to use in their videos. Its why you always hear similar songs in intros, or just spliced into a video. Its because they don't have to pay royalties on it. Sometimes people think the channel using the music created it, but thats almost never the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Pretty much all of these dg video producers just buy stock audio and graphics off of the same sites. VideoHive/AudioJungle are probably the biggest.

Not surprising that somebody would end up picking the same track.
Im very familiar with copyright law especially with music. If your not making money off of using/selling the track, you dont have to pay royalties. That basically a leasing agreement. You "rent" rights to use the track for non-profit advertisement or entertainment. You still have to get permission to use it. Otherwize youre looking at purchasing an exclusive contract for distribution rights and you basically "own" rights to "use" the track for profit for the duration of said contract. Ill close by adding that i find it pretty blatant and intentional that they used the same track as a competing company. Theres endless music out there up fpr grabs. They clearly chose the track because ccdg uses it. That being said, i love them both. But thems the rules.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 35
Niced 13 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomServo View Post
Ill close by adding that i find it pretty blatant and intentional that they used the same track as a competing company. Theres endless music out there up fpr grabs. They clearly chose the track because ccdg uses it. That being said, i love them both. But thems the rules.
If I'm not mistaken... CCDG isn't even using that same instrumental track any more. I believe they have something new that they use as their "in between holes" music.

Edit: Nevermind... it looks like one of their editors is still using it. I think the videos that Ian edits himself have a different 'filler' track. Newest Champs vs. Chumps has the music I'm thinking of.

Last edited by Anon; 01-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 9
Niced 75 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I don't use "the Facebook", so I hope these get to Youtube fairly soon...
HAAAA! i too dont use "the facebook"