Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 10
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
There are 3 pdga tournaments the memorial day weekend fri,sat and sunday. Ludington, flip and (??another one) all close to each other. I was going to try to hit all three if I can afford it.
Quote:
may 29th @ mason county park in ludington- B teir pdga tourney
may 30th @ flip city, the flip city classic- C teir tournament
may 31st has several tournaments that arent pdga sanctioned
Sounds like its going to be a busy weekend for ya.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
Sounds like its going to be a busy weekend for ya.
Yeah 3 tourneys in 3 days is a bit much valk, maybe I will just do ludington and flip. Thats a little more reasonable on my body and my wallet. You coming out there with me, represent GR dude!! I have a bunch of friends camping at flip that weekend.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 10
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie

Quote:
Yeah 3 tourneys in 3 days is a bit much valk, maybe I will just do ludington and flip. Thats a little more reasonable on my body and my wallet. You coming out there with me, represent GR dude!! I have a bunch of friends camping at flip that weekend.
Mayybe. My favorite band is comming to G.R may 28th, and thats gonna be $50, and i HAVE to go. I missed them the last two times they came, and they don't tour in the U.S very much. I dono if ill have the cash to play tournys then haha....allthough....I do have a ton of extra discs i could put in the marketplace...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:55 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

i will give a shout out to west michigan. i spent most of my time at JC park. i play in a league thursday nights ran by the owner of Spinskis, on his private course by Wayland. i work wednesdays or i would join the dogs. Tom, one of the guys i throw with on thursdays has a dogs of disc tatoo. fun thread.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by volklgirl View Post
Are you coming down?
I'll be there!
Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know if any of you make over Grayling way, There is a new course in now. Hanson Hills. It's a 19 holer. I thought that was an odd # of holes,think they added the last one to get you back down the hill. It still needs some work, but will grow into one of the "must plays" like Flip.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#20372
Old 04-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26.9
Courses Played: 6
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to mambrose

Riverside Park = Not worth the time to play this weekend.

They have "long boat" races, with hischool teams from MI, and the surrounding states. I dont see why they have to park on the tee's, and line boats up 2 foot from the baskets. We share OUR parks with them, and we get repaid by having them f--- up our discing all weekend!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 54
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupper View Post
i will give a shout out to west michigan. i spent most of my time at JC park. i play in a league thursday nights ran by the owner of Spinskis, on his private course by Wayland. i work wednesdays or i would join the dogs. Tom, one of the guys i throw with on thursdays has a dogs of disc tatoo. fun thread.
Spinski John is a good guy. Hes got a heck of an arm for an older dude!!. Thanks for posting. Come out to the dogs league some wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambrose View Post
Riverside Park = Not worth the time to play this weekend.

They have "long boat" races, with hischool teams from MI, and the surrounding states. I dont see why they have to park on the tee's, and line boats up 2 foot from the baskets. We share OUR parks with them, and we get repaid by having them f--- up our discing all weekend!
Yeah GR brethren. I threw 2 discs into the grand river today while they were setting up for the rowing competition at riverside. 1 blue star orc on #14 and 1 green destroyer on #16, both marked with my info. Both were like 3 feet off shore but I was in white pants and not about to strip down to my boxer shorts in front of about 100 other people out there setting up for the rowing competition to retrieve them. There was like 10 cops hanging out too for some reason messing with people, I'll probobly never see them again. The cops were giving people who were drinking beer a hard time, making them dump out their beers. I havent seen them enforcing any rules at that park for like 3 years so this should be an interesting summer.

May the disc gods rerurn a brothers discs?? All signs point to maybe!!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 143
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Greg Layton

Quote:
Yeah GR brethren. I threw 2 discs into the grand river today while they were setting up for the rowing competition at riverside. 1 blue star orc on #14 and 1 green destroyer on #16, both marked with my info. Both were like 3 feet off shore but I was in white pants and not about to strip down to my boxer shorts in front of about 100 other people out there setting up for the rowing competition to retrieve them. There was like 10 cops hanging out too for some reason messing with people, I'll probobly never see them again. The cops were giving people who were drinking beer a hard time, making them dump out their beers. I havent seen them enforcing any rules at that park for like 3 years so this should be an interesting summer.

May the disc gods rerurn a brothers discs?? All signs point to maybe!!
I wouldn't count on seeing them again. There's a dude there that appears to make his living diving for discs and reselling them. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, but I can't seem to remember his name.

I agree though, it sucks that Riverside is so popular.