Old 10-10-2018, 05:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,222 Times in 1,962 Posts

It should be very weird to you in One Leg Drill to keep the front foot down and stack yourself upright on it. It will probably feel like you can't generate much power, but you have to trust it will happen. Easier to feel this swinging something very heavy like a sledgehammer. You can also try the Door Frame Drill on the front leg and just maintain your balance leveraging in it and when you let go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 5.05.32 PM.jpg (26.0 KB, 65 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 38
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
It should be very weird to you in One Leg Drill to keep the front foot down and stack yourself upright on it.
It is! So much so that I can't do it properly lol.

Thank you for taking the time to draw up the comparison between you and I, but I just want to be sure that I am interpreting it correctly. The red line is showing that my knee is out in front of my head and therefore I'm not stacked properly with my COG which is actually a little further back than it should be, where as your head and entire COG is stacked over your front leg, correct? To position myself correctly, my head and COG should be stacked over the very top of where the red line starts? It almost looks as if you're leaning forward a bit and I am too up right?
Old 10-10-2018, 07:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by King John Henry View Post
It is! So much so that I can't do it properly lol.

Thank you for taking the time to draw up the comparison between you and I, but I just want to be sure that I am interpreting it correctly. The red line is showing that my knee is out in front of my head and therefore I'm not stacked properly with my COG which is actually a little further back than it should be, where as your head and entire COG is stacked over your front leg, correct? To position myself correctly, my head and COG should be stacked over the very top of where the red line starts? It almost looks as if you're leaning forward a bit and I am too up right?
Red line is showing your knee and hip collapsed past or outside your ankle. Your CoG is going over top your ankle. My CoG is in dynamic balance/center rotating braced inside the ankle. I think if your leg was in dynamic stack upright we would be in similar position. I would not say you are upright because of the leg position. Balance happens from the ground up, not head down.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:21 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
I think if your leg was in dynamic stack upright we would be in similar position
Ok, I understand now, but how do I get to the position you're in without collapsing my knee and hip? After messing around in front of a full-length mirror, the only way it seems that I can get into that position without my hip and knee collapsing is by extending my knee as the weight transfers and lifting my hip like Dave describes in this video:

Am I on the right track?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2018, 08:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Yep.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 50 Times in 29 Posts

I have the exact same problem and have been unable to fix it if that makes you feel any better lol. I hope you can. My athletic instincts won't let anything I do in drills or practice come to fruition. I'd love to see you succeed though, it might reignite my desire to change again. I also have a slightly sprained oblique which makes throwing anything other than some simple putter and midranges unwise right now.

So keep this thread going, there are others interested in your progress . No pressure though.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
So keep this thread going, there are others interested in your progress . No pressure though.
Thanks for the encouragement, it really means a lot. I've been trying to correct my form issues for years, taking several steps backwards before I just recently started to have things click for me somewhat. It's been a frustrating process to say the least, but I am not going to give up and am so thankful to everyone on here who offers their help and insight.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

It has been a long winter, but I have still managed to fit a round in here and there, but mostly form; primarily throwing from the front leg, utilizing the off arm and today I started focusing on a higher pull. I had some success trying to implement these things today on the course and came home and filmed a quick video in my basement to see if I'm making progress.
On the course, the discs were coming out very straight and very consistent, seemingly with less effort. Please let me know what you guys see.

https://youtu.be/6VNYX6BI94M
Old 02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,605 Times in 1,650 Posts

I think you're going a little "over the top" on the throw. I'm thinking this because your head is tilted downward over the plant leg, and your rear femur rotates in place. This indicates to me that you are pushing your torso/head off the left leg forward, rather than laterally moving your butt/spine onto the plant leg and then throwing. I think this is also why it looks to me like your arm/throw is happening slightly too soon, rather than you landing closed, then using the plant leg to clear the hips and begin the rotation.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
I think you're going a little "over the top" on the throw. I'm thinking this because your head is tilted downward over the plant leg, and your rear femur rotates in place. This indicates to me that you are pushing your torso/head off the left leg forward, rather than laterally moving your butt/spine onto the plant leg and then throwing. I think this is also why it looks to me like your arm/throw is happening slightly too soon, rather than you landing closed, then using the plant leg to clear the hips and begin the rotation.
I think you're right about my swing being a little early, but I'm confused by some of what you said. Sounds like you are saying that I'm pushing off the rear foot instead of doing something else and I'm not sure what that something else is. I guess I dont know how to "move laterally with my butt/spine" to the front leg. Can you elaborate please? Thanks for the quick reply!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk