Old 12-20-2019, 08:23 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,362 Times in 1,724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizunodave View Post
I can mostly understand the variety of distance drivers, they can fly very differently at 450 feet. I can mostly understand the variety of putters, gotta have one that feels good in your hand and fades and glides to match your putt.

I cannot understand the variety of midranges. The oversaturation of the market is absurd. Midranges are so workable, they don't need to be perfect.
True, but like with putters, midranges can be a very individual thing. And while it's the archer not the arrow, some arrows suit some archers best, while others don't.
Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2019, 11:38 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 922 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
Mids are very control-oriented discs too so the hand-feel factor is a big part of it. A lot of old school guys like the slower, floatier kind (Roc/Comet) and newer school guys like the faster, more driver-ish kind (Buzz, etc). The demand for such different types of flight isn't nearly as prevalent in drivers, with discs like Cyclones, Gazelles, and Sabers going the way of the buffalo.
I like the between floating traditional bigger 180 gram diameter and driver style where the disc is big 180 gram diameter but is more big 180 gram fairway driver like in the way it flies, a rare combo that Innova made when they 3 topped a Shark. Shark is too putter like with the dome making the glide too much like a putter, even a ROC is more midrange like

Oh yeah, drivers there is still a demand for different types of fairway drivers including almost midrange like fairway discs like the Glide and Zombie or Leopard/3 to even the Archer/Stratus discs. Then the control driver like fairway molds like the Mantis or Dragon. Last some slower speed 9 that get called fairway driver.

Distance drivers yes there is a number of them simply due to needs like wind disc, roller shots, turnover and long bombers.