Old 01-15-2020, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,200 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Poor choice of words on my half there. I meant to say deeper backswing I suppose! Like in my case I’m not letting the weight of the disc go fully to its apex in the backswing, so my shoulder never gets to swing fully
I'm not sure if you are shifted back to the rear foot/leg properly to allow your shoulder to fully swing back without losing balance. Try walking your rear foot closer and closer to target from door frame drill, hand/arm should inline to rear toe nails. Rear foot should be able to push both hips targetward.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2020, 06:53 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 74 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I'm not sure if you are shifted back to the rear foot/leg properly to allow your shoulder to fully swing back without losing balance. Try walking your rear foot closer and closer to target from door frame drill, hand/arm should inline to rear toe nails. Rear foot should be able to push both hips targetward.

You’re right because I haven’t dropped the rear heel down in my backswing yet, I stay up on the toes the whole time. That’s why I asked about the heel coming down a few posts back. I need to learn how to shift ontop of the rear hip and have my heel down to brace against the backswing THEN make the move to the front side.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 288 Times in 219 Posts

Quote:
You’re right because I haven’t dropped the rear heel down in my backswing yet, I stay up on the toes the whole time. That’s why I asked about the heel coming down a few posts back. I need to learn how to shift ontop of the rear hip and have my heel down to brace against the backswing THEN make the move to the front side.
Only from standstill. In an x-step rear heel down is not necessary. I don't think its really even necessary for standstill.

Last edited by UhhNegative; 01-15-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by UhhNegative View Post
I don't think its really even necessary for standstill.
Rear heel down will give you more stability/balance in the backswing. I recommend it for fully shifting back so everything mirrors back and forth completely.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2020, 08:07 PM
Birdie Member

Hosted the clinic today, it went really well! Feels great to teach people about the sport. A very wholesome experience.

Temps here have gone from -36c to -2 in one day so I drove past one of the courses on the way home to film a few shots. I think my posture looks way better in this. I still have issues coming over the top that I think are related to not striding enough, like I’m a planting on top of my foot instead of bracingg up on the instep. But you can see the teepads right now haha.

Again, still messing around with the swing plane. When I do windmill drill the disc BOOOMS out like no tomorrow. I have trouble sometimes replicating it in the swing, particularly keeping a wide upper arm angle AND doing the pendulum swing plane, it feels really far away from the body to feel the weight/hit and then I end up leaning over too far left because that’s where I feel the most leverage. Just have to play around with it all I guess.

Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Looking good on the forward swing, but your backswing is going around you. You are bending your knees too much in setup and backswing, and your front hip has no depth/clearing out of the way into backswing. You can bend from the hips without bending the knees much at all. The AMG Hip Rotation below vid talks about this from the start.

Take the disc in backswing right back over your front foot and rear foot. Note how both my knees/hips/shoulders are deeper behind my ankle toward right teepad with straighter knees to allow the shoulder/arm/disc is swing straight back thru from inside posture. In Inside Swing Drill your front knee should extend initiating backswing from address/hit, and knee should move diagonally back away from toes/wall as you shift the backswing post to the back foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWasFdvnGio#t=6m5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q8CWHn-pLg#t=7m20s

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 8.39.52 PM copy.jpg (31.0 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by sidewinder22; 01-19-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:51 PM
Birdie Member

Yeah I think I’m crouching to try and make room for the disc instead of getting tall and up on that rear hip where it can swing over my feet and then get ready to drop down and then have everything come through. I find it hard to keep the rear heel down when shifting onto my rear hip, like it’s alot easier on tippy toes, is that legit? Like UN says it’s ok for x step. As it’s more a gliding on top of the hip?
Old 01-19-2020, 11:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
YI find it hard to keep the rear heel down when shifting onto my rear hip, like it’s alot easier on tippy toes, is that legit? Like UN says it’s ok for x step. As it’s more a gliding on top of the hip?
Should be much harder to shift onto toes only. Standstill should mirror everything back and forth. Heel on ground gives you greater stability to shift/turn/pivot and change direction on it. In a "standstill" you have to shift and change direction a lot more than in an x-step.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-19-2020, 11:30 PM
Birdie Member

I just realized on the inside out swing, you say tilt as you go over the toes to make room but THEN your shoulders come back to level- I’d never noticed that!

Then the forward swing is nice and wide?

Old 01-19-2020, 11:46 PM
Birdie Member

Is there such thing as too much butt wipe pressure?