Old 01-27-2020, 01:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 12
Niced 487 Times in 346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
No. A Comet is a high-line floaty disc that is best used with finesse and the Buzzz is a low-line "throw it hard" disc. They are just fundamentally different. A Comet with more stability doesn't change that.

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the easiest way to get a beefy Z Comet has always been to just get a Glow Comet. That seems way easier than searching for pearly opaque Comets.
What I was truly curious of was the overall stability of those particular Comets compared to a Buzzz. I understand the flight differences in terms of touch vs. power and speed vs. glidey distance. My Buzzzes haven't been responding how I would like (probably because I throw them with a combo of power and high lines), but neither have my Comets to be fair. My MJ '19 is extremely touchy, while my beat Elite-X is finicky on if it wants to turnover or dump out of the sky. I will note that I have a natural hyzer relaese with putters and mids.

My problem with a glow Comet is that I play in snow and have a winter dubs tournament coming up and it has a very wooded back 9, but snow and white discs don't mix. I should get a glow Comet for the summer though.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2020, 07:22 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,409 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
What I was truly curious of was the overall stability of those particular Comets compared to a Buzzz. I understand the flight differences in terms of touch vs. power and speed vs. glidey distance. My Buzzzes haven't been responding how I would like (probably because I throw them with a combo of power and high lines), but neither have my Comets to be fair. My MJ '19 is extremely touchy, while my beat Elite-X is finicky on if it wants to turnover or dump out of the sky. I will note that I have a natural hyzer relaese with putters and mids.

My problem with a glow Comet is that I play in snow and have a winter dubs tournament coming up and it has a very wooded back 9, but snow and white discs don't mix. I should get a glow Comet for the summer though.
Chartreuse worm dip dye will take care of that. Your local Wal-Mart may carry it if you are in a area that has good fishing local(ours does), otherwise you can order ir.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:29 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 136
Niced 3,059 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post

I mean I know we are in a Comet thread and everything, but it sounds like you want a KC Pro Roc.

Niced: (4)
Old 01-27-2020, 10:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.9
Niced 1,119 Times in 482 Posts

Quote:
I mean I know we are in a Comet thread and everything, but it sounds like you want a KC Pro Roc.
I'm probably gonna get a ton of hate for this, but I carry a beefy Roc to cover the shots that the Comets can't make. They feel super similar in my hand so it works out really well IMO.

On a side note, I love that the Comet thread has more than 300 pages. The Roc has 220 pages and the Envy has 380. I think those are the closest competitors for thread length.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-27-2020, 11:10 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 368 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
No. A Comet is a high-line floaty disc that is best used with finesse and the Buzzz is a low-line "throw it hard" disc. They are just fundamentally different. A Comet with more stability doesn't change that.

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the easiest way to get a beefy Z Comet has always been to just get a Glow Comet. That seems way easier than searching for pearly opaque Comets.
What drivers are you Comet throwers using?

I throw x Comet and a Roc that's probably more like a Z comet as mids and absolutely love em. Wondering if I'd have similar taste in whatever driver you're using
Old 01-27-2020, 11:11 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 65
Niced 211 Times in 150 Posts

Roc/comet is a proven duo. My Gila/Comet pair isnt that different.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
I'm probably gonna get a ton of hate for this, but I carry a beefy Roc to cover the shots that the Comets can't make. They feel super similar in my hand so it works out really well IMO.
I carry a Sentinel as my crutch. It's not as similar as a Roc because it's oddly fast for what it is, but it's the same concept.

I can't carry a Roc as my crutch because when I do I just throw the Roc all day.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
What drivers are you Comet throwers using?

I throw x Comet and a Roc that's probably more like a Z comet as mids and absolutely love em. Wondering if I'd have similar taste in whatever driver you're using
I hate drivers. My drivers are generally DX and Pro Valks. I hate them, though. Hate all of them.

*can't throw drivers*
Old 01-27-2020, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 65
Niced 211 Times in 150 Posts

Quote:
I carry a Sentinel as my crutch. It's not as similar as a Roc because it's oddly fast for what it is, but it's the same concept.

I can't carry a Roc as my crutch because when I do I just throw the Roc all day.
The gila is much like the San Marino sentinels I bagged back in 06/07. Its great and the speed helps it keep up with the comet distance, especially here @ elevation. Also crowds my wizards less.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Old 01-27-2020, 11:20 AM
*Super Moderator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Roc/comet is a proven duo. My Gila/Comet pair isnt that different.
I messed up by throwing a whatevertheycallit-Champ plastic Gila that was a bit too beefy for me. Fossils are $$$, though. The only thing keeping Sentinels in my bag right now is the financial investment I have in the stack I've got.

Edit: Amber? Is it Amber plastic?

Niced: (1)