Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 PM

Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

So probably a dumb question, but how does a person know if they've been strong arming? What would be symptoms?

It sounds like it can be a bit hard to tell even with video and I wonder if a person can build enough muscle to not realize themselves that they are strong arming discs.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2020, 10:13 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 48
Niced 290 Times in 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post
So probably a dumb question, but how does a person know if they've been strong arming? What would be symptoms?

It sounds like it can be a bit hard to tell even with video and I wonder if a person can build enough muscle to not realize themselves that they are strong arming discs.
You can tell with video if you know what you are looking for.

But from a first person perspective: having a really sore shoulder/arm from throwing. Good throwing won't really tire out your arm (within reason).
Old 01-27-2020, 11:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,228 Times in 1,968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killian View Post

There are varying degrees of strong arming or smash factor efficiency. Easiest way to tell by yourself is if you get a lot more distance by running fast or you feel the need to moving fast, and struggle slowing down or throwing standstill. Ironically the better your swing efficiency the less moving faster helps you throw further.

These guys consider 10% more distance to be a lot.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 AM

Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

Awesome, that answers my question.

FWIW, I've been watching a lot of your videos SW22 and reading a lot of your posts. Thank you for all that you contribute to this board. I have learned something and benefited in nearly every instance.