Old 02-18-2020, 07:17 PM

Niced 13 Times in 7 Posts

Just going to be waiting for Jomez. No thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2020, 07:24 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 150 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
So please spell it out for me.

In order to see post produced, shot by shot, tournament coverage of DGPT events, where/how do I view it? I have no interest in live at this point in time. Thanks.
Jomez, same as last year. For free.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-18-2020, 08:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 141 Times in 93 Posts

I’m still waiting to see everything live on ESPN.

Until then I’m happy to be a day behind and watch everything on Jomez, etc.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.9
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 462 Times in 212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
this is a half baked money grabbing scheme
You’re aware these guys are a private company who can only exist if they make a profit, right? Making money from guys throwing frisbees is kinda difficult.

Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 108
Niced 579 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finny View Post
Jomez, same as last year. For free.
Thank you. I really should pony up and throw some support to Jomez and CCDG. I think that I'll look into their merch.

Niced: (3)
Old 02-18-2020, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,054 Times in 487 Posts

If you want to watch Jomez the next day. First you need to go to your Start button and go to CMD. Then type: format c: \ and wait for it to come up...

Honestly, I am glad that people like to watch Jomez as well. And when people say, "I will just wait and watch Jomez for free." I think... cool. You are a just a cheap mooch. Because it would be great if you supported them too. They have a Patreon. Or buy a disc. Or a shirt. The only way that they are able to tour is because a few thousand people support them. You know... PAY FOR THEIR COVERAGE.

So even if you don't pay for the DGPT. Go out and support a post production team on Patreon. The Disc Golf Guy, CCDG, Jomez, Ace Run. WHOEVER.

Don't be a lazy mooch.

Old 02-18-2020, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

JV. I believe that we need to be careful here. I greatly appreciate the disc golf filming crews. The amount and quality of content has just blown up over the past several years. I remember the days of looking forward to DG Monthly and the DVDs of the Vibram Open, etc.

But I (we, the public) don't actually "owe" the current crop of dg filming crews anything. This is a venture that they chose to pursue. Yes, making a donation is nice and seems perfectly reasonable to do. But I shouldn't be expected to pay for something that is clearly marketed as free.

And yes, it is free content. But I'm also getting advertised to at the same time. And I have probably made a purchase or two based upon said advertisements.

So I don't think that it's appropriate to be called a mooch for making use of something that was freely offered to me.

Last edited by Jimb; 02-18-2020 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,054 Times in 487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
JV. I believe that we need to be careful here. I greatly appreciate the disc golf filming crews. The amount and quality of content has just blown up over the past several years. I remember the days of looking forward to DG Monthly and the DVDs of the Vibram Open, etc.

But I (we, the public) don't actually "owe" the current crop of dg filming crews anything. This is a venture that they chose to pursue. Yes, making a donation is nice and seems perfectly reasonable to do. But I shouldn't be expected to pay for something that is clearly marketed as free.

And yes, it is free content. But I'm also getting advertised to at the same time. And I have probably made a purchase or two based upon said advertisements.

So I don't think that it's appropriate to be called a moocher for making use of something that was freely offered to me.
The Mooch comment wasn't directed specifically only at you. Just in general. Yes, you watch some commercials, and if you purchase product based on those commercials that would qualify as support. There are a lot of ways to support these companies. But, clearly none of them CAN do it without support from people.

Those commercials do not come close to paying for the travel costs. Really most of these companies get by thanks to Patreon.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
The Mooch comment wasn't directed specifically only at you. Just in general. Yes, you watch some commercials, and if you purchase product based on those commercials that would qualify as support. There are a lot of ways to support these companies. But, clearly none of them CAN do it without support from people.

Those commercials do not come close to paying for the travel costs. Really most of these companies get by thanks to Patreon.
I understand that and figured that it was a general comment and not you specifically calling me a mooch. That's why I also mentioned that I was referring to the general public and not just me in my post.

Again, I do appreciate what you and others are doing for dg. I still don't feel that I owe any of the companies anything. They could close up shop tomorrow and take a regular day job if they wanted. (Yes, I know many already work day jobs in addition to their disc golf efforts.) I would absolutely miss the content. But to say that I owe them anything just doesn't seem right.

owe/ō/verb
have an obligation to pay or repay (something, especially money) in return for something received.

I have an option to pay, not an obligation.

Niced: (3)

Old 02-18-2020, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 265
Niced 2,238 Times in 1,269 Posts

im confused how there supposedly is a market for this when live streams (other than worlds) have really minimal donations on youtube especially relative to the amount of viewers