Old 02-19-2020, 07:16 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
One thing you can kind of take away from Eagle/Simon/Kallstrom is that you want to be moving "forward" until that left foot hits the ground, which is when you'll want to begin turning the hips back
Can you expand on this? My left foot as in during the x step? I think I am either rotating too soon and too much or not enough. When should I load/rotate my hips.?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Here is me trying to rotate and load my hips. My foot work is still bad, I still start out close stance but want to see if these are right for the hips.

https://youtu.be/H4I4_3yX8xQ
Old 02-19-2020, 07:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 220
Niced 3,221 Times in 1,961 Posts

Looking better especially loading the hips one, but you stagger your plant too closed and start spinning out early on your front heel, or rather your CoG is too much behind your front heel toward right teepad side instead of dropping your CoG right onto your foot/leg more stacked up on it or inline to it. When you swing the disc over your foot, that should cause it to pivot if you are balanced on front foot.

When you go to throw you are too eager to look or open up to the target instead of trusting yourself to shift from behind fully and keep turning back further. You look scared to really plant into the ground and brace on your front foot like a running back changing direction.

If you do door frame drill, your front foot toes and shoulder/arm/disc/frame should basically be inline to your trajectory. So if you stride your front foot in the drill, your foot should move straight. It looks like you are striding across the door frame/arm/disc or reaching back across your stance/stride.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-19-2020, 09:52 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

That makes a lot of sense! Overall I need to stride straighter and not left to right to sum up what you’re saying correct?

I need to work on my footwork and x step. I think my left foot is getting in the way of my stride. I got into the bad habit of striding right from Simons video of planting a foot away from my left foot. But I really appreciate the time your putting into helping me. I feel like I’m finally on the right track! Thanks again!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 404 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudubs View Post
Here is me trying to rotate and load my hips. My foot work is still bad, I still start out close stance but want to see if these are right for the hips.

https://youtu.be/H4I4_3yX8xQ
That looks better for sure to my eyes as well. I wish I braced that well.
Also on the SW22 part about not trusting yourself to turn all the way back, you can see it in your disc, it's staying in the same spot relative to the background, but then you hit a point where you stop turning back and the disc moves forward before it's supposed to.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tudubs View Post
That makes a lot of sense! Overall I need to stride straighter and not left to right to sum up what you’re saying correct?

I need to work on my footwork and x step. I think my left foot is getting in the way of my stride. I got into the bad habit of striding right from Simons video of planting a foot away from my left foot. But I really appreciate the time your putting into helping me. I feel like I’m finally on the right track! Thanks again!
Correct for the most part. I would recommend working more from a standing position like a pitcher or batter to stride from instead of full x-step. X-step just adds more moving parts and momentum.

Your rear foot position/angle dictates your stride/stance. If you watch Simon, his rear foot is almost backwards to target, so he just appears to be in really closed stance/stride and kicks inwards so much it goes back out and he also strides slower and into narrower stance on his golf shots, but his big distance shots his stride is much straighter.

Your rear foot is almost perpendicular to target, so your stride or kick is much different to outside rear foot/posture, instead of kicking/striding internally inside the rear foot angle and creating internal torque to "cock the hips". So if your rear foot is perpendicular to target your front foot should actually be striding "open" toward the right tee side or kicking/striding from behind you/ behind your rear foot slightly. There is big power difference in trying to kick the can/ball going slightly inside vs going outside across your rear foot angle.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:48 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Awesome I feel like my rear feet is inhibiting my hip rotation if nothing else. It’s so crazy to think that a few degree of feet placement or hip rotation makes all the difference and also most people even pros don’t teach correctly. I learned a lot of bad habits that now I’m going to try and unlearn.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:01 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
That looks better for sure to my eyes as well. I wish I braced that well.
Also on the SW22 part about not trusting yourself to turn all the way back, you can see it in your disc, it's staying in the same spot relative to the background, but then you hit a point where you stop turning back and the disc moves forward before it's supposed to.
This remind me another great teaching of sidewinders. I think I’m going to keep my eye on the disc the whole time to help with not looking ahead. Look at the disc on the backswing into the inward pull and then look ahead.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Finally got out to practice some today. I did few stand still first then added a run up. I threw all of those on a hyzer to the right since I didn’t have much field. I think my legs and hips are beginning to generate power. I have other issues I haven’t address like looking ahead too soon. Let me know if I’m on the right track. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/3sSjH2sYGGw

https://youtu.be/l0JyKGo5sRo

Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
* Ace Member *

You are trying to open up and release too late straight inline with your stance, instead of releasing over to the left side of the tee like chopping down a tree.

RDA(Reciprocating Dingle Arm) - Hang your right shoulder lower than left shoulder and swing the whole shoulder/arm/hammer unit all together as one big lever to a wall right in front of your front foot. Your arm is releasing separated, no longer leveraged from your body, like you are trying to release in a straight line instead of leveraging forward. Your shoulder/elbow is going around to the right and instead of the lower arm swinging out around the elbow and then everything following thru the hit together. It's like you are trying to hit a nail at 12 o'clock between your body and target and releasing way late and trying to get your body out of the way, instead of releasing leveraged on diagonal to target like 10 'o'clock from your body like chopping a tree - you setup sideways to it to drive/slash thru it to target. You wouldn't try to stand sideways inline to the tree and chop it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xfv9jPqZs#t=8m26s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pkfJtVq-8#t=2m33s

Leverage and Centrifugal Force are Sideways:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=132910

Last edited by sidewinder22; Yesterday at 11:18 PM.