Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Echo Star Wraith differences?

I've been using an 175g Echo Star Wraith in the darker green lately for my very long distance drives. Still use the PD, but the Wraith is still longer. For some reason, I feel that the E* version of the disc had more repeatability in terms of distance and flight than any other plastic variation currently offered by Innova.

I'd like to pick up a spare to keep in my bag with me should I unfortunately lose the disc (and I know the color sucks, but I won it in a tournament), and I was wondering if the other colors of the E* Wraith fly the same as the dark green, or if there are slight stability and glide differences between colors. I'd like to get something a little brighter, but if only dark green discs fly similar to other dark green Wraiths, then I'll unfortunately have to pick another one of those up. Any info from experienced would be of help.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The wraith also has the stock E* stamp, not the 12x Ken Climo stamp if that makes a difference.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 133
Niced 781 Times in 412 Posts

I swear by the Echo Star Katana... glides like a bat outta hell when thrown low and straight...about 3 or 4' above ground... love it

got a Echo Star Wraith and two Echo Star Bosses but haven't thrown them yet.. Echo Star is absolutely amazing IMO
Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

I am also a big Wraith fan and am throwing a Echo Star one now, too.
In its new state it seems to have less turn and a lot more fade than the broke in Star plastic I had previously.
I'm hoping I just need to break it in to straighten it out a bit. Does that sound right?

Otherwise I'm trying a CD (Discmania) now, too, and it seems to fly like the broke in Wraith did out of the box, but maybe not quite as long. I like it though.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a pastel purple E-Star Wraith. 175 grams.

I don't know about colors, but it seems that the E-Star Wraith I carry, is decently stable to overstable. In headwinds it stands and hold super str8, but otherwise, just flies a long hyzer. Love the disc, but probably should throw it more to beat it up.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 177
Niced 127 Times in 79 Posts

I have two beat in yellow 170g Echo Star Wraiths. Nice glide and a ton of distance. It reminds me of brand new Star Valkyries with just a tick more stability. However, and it could be a product of being beaten in, they are easy to flip when thrown flat. If I do not release them with some kind of hyzer, they are going to the right.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarkquart View Post
I have two beat in yellow 170g Echo Star Wraiths. Nice glide and a ton of distance. It reminds me of brand new Star Valkyries with just a tick more stability. However, and it could be a product of being beaten in, they are easy to flip when thrown flat. If I do not release them with some kind of hyzer, they are going to the right.
With the star valk comment. I really agree. Just bought two more new ones and the max weight (175g) flies like a wraith would. Or as you'd hope a wraith to.

Been throwing it into the ground today out at the course from pin to next pad, and now it's turning.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 36
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

All the E* Wraiths I have seen have more dome to the which seems to make them more stable from my experience. I don't currently throw E* or Star Wraiths but they seem to be just as good as the Champs.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 9 Posts

everyone knows the green wraiths go farther than purple ones

Old 09-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

How does the E* compare instability to the Champ and Star versions? I've thrown both the Champ and Pro versions of the Wraith. I have 2 Pro versions 168 and 169g that are my primary distance drivers. I smashed one into one 2 many trees, and I think it's done for. I was wondering if a Star or E* would be a good upgrade for me.