#1  
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 PM
:::LSWT:::'s Avatar
:::LSWT::: :::LSWT::: is offline
Destroyer 3.0
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 536
Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts
Arrow Drawing, Designing, etc. The Story Behind The Art!

something different.. feel free to post art that you have created and would like to share with others the creative/thought process behind your work.

i get pm's asking me questions about some of the stuff i do and how i do it.

well, here is a good place to get some answers - and everyone's invited!

i'll start it off with a harley quinn commission i was asked to do. the buyer was a big fan of the 'bruce timm' style that was so popular years back and being a fan of bruce's work i was happy to oblige.

i'll do as many quick pencil sketches as i can to capture a pose and from there i'll tighten it up in non-repro blue pencil. next, i will normally do an ink version from the blue pencil (light boxed) and will finally color it up from there. in this case i used prismacolor makers for the final version along with color pencils for highlights. no photoshop or computer stuff at all on this one, just old fashioned drawing. here is the art at different stages:


and the completed art:

harley quinn is copyright DC comics.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,154
Niced 162 Times in 81 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013
Default

nice sketching... you really got a feel for lighting effects. what kind of markers are you using?

lately i've been on this etching kick which is basically carving lines in to acrylic glass with an Xacto... here's one that's been popular. I've got tons of these things laying around my house right now because I've been selling them at head shops and at festies. I'll post more if anyone is interested

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
DiscGolfer947's Avatar
DiscGolfer947 DiscGolfer947 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Freedom, Wi
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 667
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I dislike people that are good at art I wish I could make something as awesome as that stuff up there^^^^ I struggle with stick figures, haha
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 PM
MurderMike41370's Avatar
MurderMike41370 MurderMike41370 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Santa Maria Ca, Waller Pines DGC
Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 23
Posts: 355
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What up Les!! Nice seeing you at world's!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Jody Mitchell's Avatar
Jody Mitchell Jody Mitchell is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 21
Posts: 543
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
nice sketching... you really got a feel for lighting effects. what kind of markers are you using?

lately i've been on this etching kick which is basically carving lines in to acrylic glass with an Xacto... here's one that's been popular. I've got tons of these things laying around my house right now because I've been selling them at head shops and at festies. I'll post more if anyone is interested

That's awesome man, you interested in selling any of those on here?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
:::LSWT:::'s Avatar
:::LSWT::: :::LSWT::: is offline
Destroyer 3.0
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 536
Niced 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
nice sketching... you really got a feel for lighting effects. what kind of markers are you using?

lately i've been on this etching kick which is basically carving lines in to acrylic glass with an Xacto... here's one that's been popular. I've got tons of these things laying around my house right now because I've been selling them at head shops and at festies. I'll post more if anyone is interested

prismacolor markers and colored pencils.

man, those etchings are really cool... definitely start selling them!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM
New013's Avatar
New013 New013 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 172
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,154
Niced 162 Times in 81 Posts
Send a message via AIM to New013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Mitchell View Post
That's awesome man, you interested in selling any of those on here?
sure... is there an image you want put on to glass or do you just want a copy of the one i posted?

for anyone that is interested just PM me and send me something you want put to acrylic and we'll go over the details. i can paint these things as well so keep that in mind. here's one that's in black.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 31
Posts: 11,133
Niced 391 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aothiom View Post
something different.. feel free to post art that you have created and would like to share with others the creative/thought process behind your work.

i get pm's asking me questions about some of the stuff i do and how i do it.

well, here is a good place to get some answers - and everyone's invited!

i'll start it off with a harley quinn commission i was asked to do. the buyer was a big fan of the 'bruce timm' style that was so popular years back and being a fan of bruce's work i was happy to oblige.

i'll do as many quick pencil sketches as i can to capture a pose and from there i'll tighten it up in non-repro blue pencil. next, i will normally do an ink version from the blue pencil (light boxed) and will finally color it up from there. in this case i used prismacolor makers for the final version along with color pencils for highlights. no photoshop or computer stuff at all on this one, just old fashioned drawing. here is the art at different stages:


and the completed art:

harley quinn is copyright DC comics.
Does Tim Sale know you did that?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-25-2011, 01:24 PM
zenbot's Avatar
zenbot zenbot is offline
*Super Moderator*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ventura, California
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 31
Posts: 11,133
Niced 391 Times in 145 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
nice sketching... you really got a feel for lighting effects. what kind of markers are you using?

lately i've been on this etching kick which is basically carving lines in to acrylic glass with an Xacto... here's one that's been popular. I've got tons of these things laying around my house right now because I've been selling them at head shops and at festies. I'll post more if anyone is interested

Have you framed those in a lit frame? That would look pretty damn kewl.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
vonDrehle's Avatar
vonDrehle vonDrehle is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hickory, NC
Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,779
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I can take pictures but I can't draw a good stick figure.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ranch Arch Mando drawing EricW Course Maint. & Equipment 4 11-22-2014 03:29 PM
Innova CFR Drawing Winners Kingery Discs 8 09-01-2012 01:51 PM
Storing discs: Back to the drawing board. WillACarpenter Discs 51 01-12-2011 11:59 PM
Computer drawing tool SomeChump Course Maint. & Equipment 6 12-07-2010 07:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.